• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wow, so yeah, Valdis Story. It's decent, but man are the controls ever shit. Down-forward to dash? Really? That's what you came up with? And half the time it doesn't even trigger properly. Which is a huge pain in a game full of timed platforming sections.

Videospel

Have you tried it? I don't like oldschool Pac-Man, but the CE DX+ edition is not oldschool Pac-Man! It's weird and wonderful. The game mechanics are far more "modern arcade" style, just like modern arcade Tetris versions with instant drop and sliding mechanics are nothing like oldschool Tetris.

Yes I played the demo but it was very short. The game looks great on videos though and I'm sure I would play it often. It seems like a game you can play whenever you've got 5 minutes to spare. But, does it include an original Pac-Man mode? That is, a board full of dots which takes you to the next level when you've eaten them all.

Lain

Played a bit of Blade Kitten which I bought this morning.
The game isn't half bad, if a bit boring in the look department. It's easy but I have been having fun looking for all the money items.

Chariot

I am almost done, too. Just one giveaway until I bury my wallet until next month. You can win one of the following games:

How it works:

- go to the animedreammachine an generate anime, until you have one you can work with and submit it
I just realized that the dreammachine has not only one bug. Just make a screenshot of the generated anime then
- write or draw a gameconcept for the offfical game of said anime
- send me a pm with the picture of your generated anime and your picture or text
- I will decide by my own arbitrariness who wins while laughing manically
- first place picks first one game out of these three, then second place choose one of the remaining two and third place just get the last one
- you have 24 hours from the moment the original post was posted
t1404215400z0.png

Pakkidis

Wow, so yeah, Valdis Story. It's decent, but man are the controls ever shit. Down-forward to dash? Really? That's what you came up with? And half the time it doesn't even trigger properly. Which is a huge pain in a game full of timed platforming sections.

It definitely requires a bit of practice, I assume you are using a controller, because if your not that would be a huge problem.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I didn't win a single giveaway during this sale. :lol

TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

And buy Revengeance.

Kabouter

Hitman: Sniper Challenge is pretty awesome, never had it myself, but discovered stump had it when I searched my game library for Sniper Elite V2 to reinstall/replay. I love the way that with such a limited premise, there's still quite a lot going on and a good number of ways to do things.

Card Boy

Banned
Hitman: Sniper Challenge is pretty awesome, never had it myself, but discovered stump had it when I searched my game library for Sniper Elite V2 to reinstall/replay. I love the way that with such a limited premise, there's still quite a lot going on and a good number of ways to do things.

How do I get it?

O.DOGG

I can't believe we didn't get a better Ikaruga sale. I'd get it at this price but come to think of it I won't be able to play it for a while yet so I'll just hold off for a future sale.

Water

You mean one press to diagonal direction, or "down then forward"? Either way, that sounds like something designed for an arcade stick.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It definitely requires a bit of practice, I assume you are using a controller, because if your not that would be a huge problem.

Yep, definitely using a controller. And if the controls are this sloppy with a controller, I can't imagine how bad they are with a keyboard.

You mean one press to diagonal direction, or "down then forward"? Either way, that sounds like something designed for an arcade stick.

Both, actually. See, "skill cancel" is mapped to down, which is your basic "cancel out of an attack string" move (and also functions as a ground pound move if you're in the air). Then during a skill cancel, you can press forward to dash. But you can also just one-press down-forward to dash, which the game doesn't actually tell you. It's weird. For a fighter or beat-em-up, it'd be fine, but for a Metroidvania it's not great.

Link Man

Banned
One more giveaway!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Escape Goat -- MB-2243B3B685A85A41 - Taken by Htown

t1404140135z1.png

yGray

Banned
I just woke up and logged on Steam to see that the legend ShadowNetX gifted me Battleblock Theater. I so wanted to play this. The trailer looks hilarious.

Thank you so much bro :D I can't wait to play you with sometime.

I really want to be in a better position next sale to give away.

I have a lot of 1 month XBL and Hulu codes if anyone wants any. I also have a few full 360 game codes for Dance Central 2. Please PM me Steam Gaf if you have a 360 and want some.

Edit: I forgot to thank Poetic for giving away Fallout New Vegas. You're so great I wish you and ShadowNetX wealth and happiness :p lol

aku:jiki

Man, Gabe can eat these nuts! I just crafted my final sale badge and got yet another common item for a game I don't care about. I couldn't even get a common head for Battleblock or something?

Steam sales suck confirmed.

So there is a staggering abundance of zombie crafting survival games out there, which is considered the 'best'?

I picked up How to Survive earlier, but now I have State of Decay staring at me for a fiver.

Just sell any remaining or pending to drop cards.

It really is amazing how that crap adds up. Just idled and sent a few to the market and this morning I have about $1.50.

Faith

Today I started to play Fallout 3 and well...I expected something like Metro.

The first hour is really boring. And I don't know how to pull out my pistol? I want to escape this fucking vault 101.

The first hour is really boring. And I don't know how to pull out my pistol? I want to escape this fucking vault 101.
Once you get out of the vault, you'll be anazed. It becomes the GOAT game.

Anteater

I kind of like how clean the visuals are in danmaku unlimited 2, makes it much easier to dodge stuff because it's easy to tell where exactly everything is, loving the music too!

O.DOGG

How is the Bioshock Infinite DLC by the way? Is the season pass worth getting at this price? I loved the original game.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Fallout 3 is an RPG, Metro isn't. Not trying to be condescending here, but you probably should have done a bit more research beforehand.

Keep at it though. F3 is an amazing game.

Jawmuncher

How is the Bioshock Infinite DLC by the way? Is the season pass worth getting at this price? I loved the original game.

Burial at sea part 1 is said to be ok, but just about everyone loved part 2.
Though you sort of need to play both for the whole story. not even sure if you can buy one and not the other.

Pakkidis

Any opinions on Supreme Commader?

First one is 8 bucks. Second one is only 4 dollars. Can I skip the first?

I did not like it. I love RTS games but this game did nothing for me. It takes forever to build a mass army and when you finally do attack they get wiped out in seconds causing you to rebuild everything all over again. Its' an RTS game but it is not faced paced like others. I also probably sucked at the game which had something to do with it.

Faith

Fallout 3 is an RPG. Not trying to be condescending here, but you probably should have done a bit more research beforehand.
I like RPGs, I'm playing Mass Effect 3 right now. The dialogues are kind of weak in Fallout.

But I will give it a try. I want to like this game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom