• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

It's not Shadow of Mordor, but it's a decent game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North -- MB-A9FB2D9F96E663B6 - Taken by Halo 2. 4 entrants total.

t1404131645z1.png

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I like RPGs, I'm playing Mass Effect 3 right now. The dialogues are kind of weak in Fallout.

But I will give it a try. I want to like this game :D

It really depends on what you like about RPGs. But once you leave the Vault the game opens up completely. Give yourself more time till you're out in the wasteland for a while.

garath

So there is a staggering abundance of zombie crafting survival games out there, which is considered the 'best'?

I picked up How to Survive earlier, but now I have State of Decay staring at me for a fiver.

It really is amazing how that crap adds up. Just idled and sent a few to the market and this morning I have about $1.50.

State of Decay is pretty awesome.

How to Survive is more of an isometric action/rpg imo. You can craft things but it's not really open world, it's fairly guided. Fun experience though, I really liked it. (mouse and keyboard controls annoyed me a bit though, used a controller for best effect)

State of Decay is a lot more open world though. You have a home base and you're running around the world doing quests, saving people, expanding your base, making outposts and doing the main storyline. Not so much crafting in there, just some basic item management. I put a lot more time into State of Decay than How to Survive.

State of Decay is pretty awesome.

How to Survive is more of an isometric action/rpg imo. You can craft things but it's not really open world, it's fairly guided. Fun experience though, I really liked it. (mouse and keyboard controls annoyed me a bit though, used a controller for best effect)

State of Decay is a lot more open world though. You have a home base and you're running around the world doing quests, saving people, expanding your base, making outposts and doing the main storyline. Not so much crafting in there, just some basic item management. I put a lot more time into State of Decay than How to Survive.

excellent thanks. I think I've eclipsed my budget for this sale, but I'll move State of Decay up on the list for next time. Thanks again.

Sarcasm

So there is a staggering abundance of zombie crafting survival games out there, which is considered the 'best'?

I picked up How to Survive earlier, but now I have State of Decay staring at me for a fiver.

It really is amazing how that crap adds up. Just idled and sent a few to the market and this morning I have about $1.50.

State of decay is awesome I just beat the base game in sixteen hours. There is very little crafting in SoD, but I recommend the game especially over how to survive. The SoD dlc supposedly is new game plus with harder enemies.

O.DOGG

Burial at sea part 1 is said to be ok, but just about everyone loved part 2.
Though you sort of need to play both for the whole story. not even sure if you can buy one and not the other.

Episode 1 is "meh", Episode 2 is great :)

if you love BioInf, I'd say go for it. Like others have said, episode 1 is meh while 2 is pretty great. It does wrap up and put a bow on the whole Bioshock series. Whether it's done nicely or not is up to you.

Thanks, guys. I got it. Looks like this will be my final purchase for this sale.

My purchases this sale:

Rock of Ages £1.39
Tomb Raider £3.74
The Last Remnant £1.99
ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition £3.74
Marlow Briggs £0.79
Garry's Mod £1.49
FEAR: Ultimate Shooter Edition £1.74

£14.88 spent. A lot of hours of enjoyment there for that price, although I will probably end up playing Chivalry every night like normal.

WoodWERD

I guess these games might suck but one more shot! Thanks again to those that hooked me up with some giveaways.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-621AB6D4433E1AFB
Oil Rush -- MB-03B01316D65F67A8

t1404142237z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Seeings all those who own Astebreed now makes me feel sad I couldn't get it. Can someone write their opinions on the game here to know if the transitions to behind the back is just cinematic or you play in that perspective? If you play in that perspective is it fun?

Thanks in advance and hope you are enjoy the sale damages. :p

Shadownet

Banned
I just woke up and logged on Steam to see that the legend ShadowNetX gifted me Battleblock Theater. I so wanted to play this. The trailer looks hilarious.

Thank you so much bro :D I can't wait to play you with sometime.

I really want to be in a better position next sale to give away.

I have a lot of 1 month XBL and Hulu codes if anyone wants any. I also have a few full 360 game codes for Dance Central 2. Please PM me Steam Gaf if you have a 360 and want some.

Edit: I forgot to thank Poetic for giving away Fallout New Vegas. You're so great I wish you and ShadowNetX wealth and happiness :p lol

You're welcome :) of course we will play together!

Haunted

Level with me here, guys. Metro Last Night worth it?

Things I didn't like about Metro 2033: disjointed narrative, linear level design, structurally not cohesive (surely due to them adapting certain chapters of the books and narrating/skipping others.

I've heard similar complaints about the second one so I've waited for a sale (like this). What do?

I didn't win a single giveaway during this sale. :lol

TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND

And buy Revengeance.

You can enter my giveaway? Set a weekly winner restriction so anyone who didn't win still have a chance to get a free game.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Ikaruga -- MB-5AB9320B1147E290 - Taken by TronLight. 75 entrants total.

t1404134935z1.png

molnizzle

Re-posting this from earlier... anyone know?

Is there any way to make Steam install a game anyway even if it doesn't think that I have enough disk space?

I have a 64GB SSD as my boot drive, with the SteamApps library connected as a junction. I know that you can just add a second drive to Steam now, but that doesn't work in BPM. You don't get an option to select the drive, it just defaults to the same drive Steam is installed in. So junctions/hard links are the only way to go.

Anyway, it's no big deal with most games since I have 30GB free on the SSD. As long as a game is smaller than that, Steam *thinks* the C:\ drive has enough space and will install the game. But I'm trying to install Wolfenstein. =(

Any tips?

Link Man

Banned
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Escape Goat -- MB-2243B3B685A85A41 - Taken by Htown

t1404140135z1.png

It's a game where you play as a goat! I hear those are popular nowadays.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I don't get it, why shouldn't Mass Effect 3 be a RPG? Am I missing something?

The writing is poor on Mass Effect 3 compared to the previous games and Fallout 3 is considered good in terms of the decisions. It aint perfect by any means but better than ME3 in terms of characters, decisions and lore. Also Mass Effect streamlined many RPG aspects from the original game that might as well call it a 3rd Person Shooter with light RPG elements.

Be aware, if they haven't patched it yet, sometimes in Enslaved occurs strange bugs, but they can be solved by changing resolution. For example, during a scene a wall didn't destroy for me, but changing resolution and repeating the section fixed the bug.

Thanks for the heads up. I have been meaning to play it for years, hope it's as good as a friend of mine made out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom