• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
HELP ME GAF

risid1j15.png

Buy it, it is awesome, it is known.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't even want to know what portion of the damage was spent on what.

If you guys are serious, get your keys and find a trader now.

(1) When the discount is gone, the price will go back up.
(2) When the sale is over, the prices of keys will re-stabilize at a higher value.
(3) No clue telling what can happen with region locks. This should probably be #1 in the list in terms of importance. So listen up: A GAME CAN BE LOCKED AT ANY POINT IN TIME, IF YOU WANT TO TRADE FOR A GAME, DO IT ASAP AND ADD IT TO YOUR ACCOUNT IMMEDIATELY.

To further stress point 3, I have personally had at least 3 games turn on the region locks within 24 hours of my acquiring it through trade vectors: [Bound by Flame, Valiant Hearts, Dark Souls 2 Season Pass come to mind immediately]
With the amount of people trading for Divinity and Witcher 3, I would not be surprised to see these get tagged in the not too distant future (JaseC, correct me if I'm way out of line here.)
Im banned from market till 19th :(

Strider

Hmm, ok. I just went through the past few pages and found the steamdb site. According to them $7.49 is the lowest CS:GO has been. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

http://steamdb.info/app/730/

It's definitely been $3.75 before. It's just I don't think they ever plan on making it quite that cheap again. Last time the price went that low the game was flooded with more hackers and smurf accounts which is bad for such a competitive game. It'll probably be $7.50 during sales from here on out.

Ibuki

Banned
From someone who already got Astebreed, is it worth the 10 bucks? I know it's short but that isn't an issue if it's enjoyable. I'd love to hear some opinions.

backdrifter

Neo Member
Contemplating picking up The Fall, Love, and Diamond Dan with the last drips of card money to boost that 'Games Owned' figure even further.

Any strong opinions on those?

Arthea

I'm still talking about ME3. It's maybe half the RPG that ME1 was but it's still a RPG. Every source about the game says that ME3 is a RPG.

not true

not ME3, but still, not every source says ME games are RPGs.

I wish it was an visual novel. Or Telltale variant of it.
The shooting bits are bad, right?

I'm not even kidding, I wish it was a p&c game, I just can't get pass shooting bits, I leave the game and find something more fun to do (><)

demented

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-0E28B503B5814252

t1404144686z1.png

So here, I know it isn't much but it's the best I could do with what remained of my steam wallet and I just felt like giving anything back so enjoy whoever wins!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You did it, Jase! Nice work, mate - wasn't sure you'd rack it up during this sale, but I should never have doubted it. :)

Yeah, my parents offered to cover the cost of my car service, which freed up some cash. Definitely wouldn't have hit it otherwise as I was expecting the sale to begin in July again. I overspent a little, though, so I won't be buying much over the next week or two, haha. ;)

What's the next big target, and do you have a game in mind for it already?

4000 seems like the logical next step. As for the final stepping stone, I haven't given it much thought yet -- definitely Wheelman, though, if my faith in WB proves to be well-placed.

Your steamDB kung fu is weak, grasshopper.

Current Lowest Price: $7.49 at Steam (Info)
Historical Lowest Price: $3.74 at Steam on Fri Nov 29 2013 (Info)

The price has been cheaper in previous sale however every sale brings in a new influx of hackers in the game. So by having a slightly higher price they want to discourage the hackers away and keep the game clean.

SteamDB's pricing history isn't very comprehensive at the moment. You're better off looking at Steam Sales, which has data going back to the Winter Sale of 2010.

Ah ok, thanks for the info... I'll hold off on CS:GO.

Picked up the following and gonna call it a day. Was fun participating in a SteamGAF thread for the first time :)

Ikaruga
Astebreed
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Bioshock Infinite
Valdis Story

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
STANDING HERE
I REALIZE, YOU'RE JUST LIKE ME
TRYING TO MAKE HISTORY

BUT WHO'S TO JUDGE
THE RIGHT FROM WRONG
WHEN OUR GUARD IS DOWN
I THINK WE'LL BOTH AGREE

THAT VIOLENCEEEEEEEEEEEE BREEEEEEEDS VIOLEEEEEEEEEEENCE

BUT IN THE END IT HAS TO BE THIS WAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Yeah, I bought Revengeance AND I DON'T CARE.

Hugstable

Banned
Please Steam allow me to buy Games! I just sent in a support ticket, I hope it reaches them in time. I woke up this morning ready to buy Far Cry 3, Bioshock 1, and Keys to get Divinity OS and now Steam finally decided to stop taking my money. I wonder if it had anything to do with the multiple M&M cards seeing as I won like 3 times.

Shadownet

Banned
How often do Payday 2 DLC goes on sale GAF? I wanna get it now but even when it's dirt cheap I can't afford it.

Do I have to wait till next Winter Sale? hopefully not?

Yeah, my parents offered to cover the cost of my car service, which freed up some cash. Definitely wouldn't have hit it otherwise as I was expecting the sale to begin in July again. I overspent a little, though, so I won't be buying much over the next week or two, haha. ;)

4000 seems like the logical next step. As for the final stepping stone, I haven't given it much thought yet -- definitely Wheelman, though, if my faith in WB proves to be well-placed.

I can't wait til our leader moves past 5000... and then... *gasp* 9000.
Shouldn't be beyond December 2014 that 5000 is reached, right? ;)

From someone who already got Astebreed, is it worth the 10 bucks? I know it's short but that isn't an issue if it's enjoyable. I'd love to hear some opinions.

I already did.
But this should show you what you want to know:
http://a.pomf.se/ckxese.webm

Full context:
https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilt...orum/showpost.php?p=118852799&postcount=21478

bahahah, that's right. Isn't the ending
basically that your actions DON'T change the story? You literally can do whatever you want and aren't tied to any specific end game.

That's my biggest problem with the series, I think...
They tout it as this "your choices matter" and they're all just cosmetic. Did you choose to kill Ashley or Kaiden in ME? Does it matter? NO. It's not like saving Kaiden allows you to befriend alien race x and go on some mission to stop their planet from exploding. Or that saving Ashley allows you to have a son before the reapers come opening up a whole different aspect to the game where Shepard gains ridiculous "Dad" powers from wanting to save his child.
It's all basically "oh hey, look, Mordin is still somewhere, he'll make a cameo. Oh, and Thane stops by to say hi and give you some credits.

Yeah, BioWare, my decisions have weight and matter in the ME universe.
If I want something where choice actually matters, I'll go play DA:O. At least that game changes based on what races you manage to recruit.

Im banned from market till 19th :(

I think you can buy keys from in-game TF2.
From there, you should still be able to trade keys. That is if your ban was for "unknown funding".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ahaha alright then :) But wow that's still quite something with 3000 games, you have quite the universal taste it seems!

I'll give any Steam game a home, but I don't actually play many games; in fact, I've yet to complete one thus far this year, although that being said I've reached the last leg of Fable: TLC... but that being said, I finished it way back in 2006, so to some degree it doesn't really count, haha. I do love my Ubisoft collectathons, though.

Pre-ordering Hitman: Absolution, it's also in the elite edition of Hitman: Absolution now.

It's included in every edition of Hitman: Abs on Steam itself. Retail keys generated before the Elite Edition, however, are hit-and-miss (mostly miss).

How often do Payday 2 DLC goes on sale GAF? I wanna get it now but even when it's dirt cheap I can't afford it.

Fairly often, maybe every 6/8 ish weeks, depends usually when they release new free or paid for content or a major patch. The recent DLC is full price because it only a few weeks old

Please Steam allow me to buy Games! I just sent in a support ticket, I hope it reaches them in time. I woke up this morning ready to buy Far Cry 3, Bioshock 1, and Keys to get Divinity OS and now Steam finally decided to stop taking my money. I wonder if it had anything to do with the multiple M&M cards seeing as I won like 3 times.

They shouldn't ban you from buying games for that... you should only see negative effects if you directly funded your wallet with those M&M cards.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
GAF, we have a mission during the winter sale we should make sure that this honorable man or woman acquires the remaining 263 (+ whatever comes out in between) games they are missing to achieve the ultimate goal of Steam which I just randomly declared! :D

surely doable? I bet thats maybe 1 game for each poster in this thread.

Kiru

It will get discounted again, but I think I never saw it discounted 80% before this summer sale. Don't know if it will happen again anytime soon.

Wow, MGS Rising is 25GB? Isn't the game only like 6 hours? What the hell?

Pre-rendered videos. Yep.

Hugstable

Banned
They shouldn't ban you from buying games for that... you should only see negative effects if you directly funded your wallet with those M&M cards.

Didn't fund just bought stuff with those cards. I'm not locked out of the marketplace either, it just won't allow me to buy anything. I'm looking on Steam Trades now for keys I can pay with paypal, but I don't know who's trustworthy or not lol.

Edit: wait couldnt I just use another Steam Account and makes purchases there and gift them to my account?

How much is divinity going for via paypal?

I meant you can use paypal to buy keys from people there. If you can find a nice GAFfer here to buy it directly from, you should be able to get it for $15ish USD. There should be a few people here who could help, but most people stick with keys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom