• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
last call
DRxKU3G.png

Introducing the Why didn't you buy these games when they were on sale ya dingus; or, the 2nd chance raffle!
Thanks a lot for Risk of Rain, cheers!

injurai

Banned
Well I've officially not purchased a single game from the sale. For my first game off the backlog, Return to Castle Wolfenstein or System Shock 2?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh yeah, almost forgot about these:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

UFO: Aftermath -- MB-214AAD73E583ED5F - Taken by soapypanda
Wizardry 8 -- MB-F57A8913B155441E - Taken by derExperte
Richard & Alice -- MB-C52CF6B7F910B8C9 - Taken by Kifimbo
System Shock 2 -- MB-ECAACA373C877CF8 - Taken by Rnr1224

Wizardry 6 & 7 -- MB-F2F7640A023D6DE2 - Taken by pahamrick

Rhythm Destruction -- MB-E514B3A434D7F949 - Taken by Arthea
Storm over the Pacific -- MB-43EB372A3B1ACF21 - Taken by Eddz

I know I made note of my SS4:AE GFWL key somewhere as I was expecting Capcom to plug the hole that was essentially allowing owners of the Steam version to give away a copy of the game, however I can't for the life of me find the file.

louiedog

Telltale just tweeted that the Wolf Among Us season finale is coming soon. That means probably next Tuesday.

It's currently in the recap sale at 66% off.

pahamrick

Thanks! I haven't given much thought to #4000 yet, but it'll definitely be Wheelman if
(when)
it returns (assuming it does so in time).

Good choice! I hope it returns, too. I liked it on 360, wouldn't mind playing the PC version.

Also, thanks for Wizardry 6/7!

Its not uncompressed videos, they are high quality 1080p vids used in the PS3 version. its NOT a problem. Far too many games give PC gamers the 720p xbox360 compressed to shit videos.

But agree it should come as an option to download the hi-res vids or go with lo res vids.

After playing the game many times, and still wanting to keep it on my hard drive, it does bug me that the vids take up a huge amount of space, guess I can compress them myself...its not like I watch to video again for replays.

with most games, you can just replace the video files with blanks and that'll take care of that issue.

I don't have the game so im unfamiliar with it's file structure but it might be doable.

Also, that feeling when you win M&Ms money, get cheap keys, and then convert it into Broken Age for basically free :p

wagamer

Ok, let's try this. I've won a couple games so time to give some back. If this works, maybe there's some more coming ;)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER -- MB-749C2710567330CD - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-FE3BF692E140F226 - Taken by TsuXna

t1404138142z1.png

Cth

That feeling when you have more Steam money than money in your bank account at the end of a sale.

Summer Sales.. I'm doing it wrong.

ValfarHL

How playable is Wasteland 2 in its current state? Tempted to pick it up, but I dont want to ruin the experience for myself. Decisions...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Impressions from Astebreed. (Based in the introduction stage)
Visuals: The game looks extremely beautiful, performs great and the effects are excellent. I like the art on the story aspects of the game and nice to see some breathing room with a bit of story. You may skip cutscenes if you just wanna play the game. The game has some settings you can tweak at the start of the game. The camera changes didn't bothered me at all which was one of my worries while watching the trailer. Excellent presentation all around.
Control: As soon as you start the game it will make you set the controllers but the default controllers seems to work great as a set up. You have shooting, Melee and Special attack and some of those commands have more things to do. Keep the shooting button pressed you have a homing attack that will take multiple enemies down. Keep your melee attack button pressed and your character will do a different hit attack. Its easy to handle and no thing to complain about it.
Audio: Music is memorable, voice acting is in Japanese with subs to back it up which IMO works excellent for this type of game. SFX are also fitting for the game.
Overall: It seems the Metacritic score was well earned based in that introductory level. The game left me craving for more which I will get back to it pretty much soon after I do some errands. I definitely recommend the game if you are into the genre and it might be also easy to recommend to new people interested in the genre.

Yakkue

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

The First Templar -- MB-2AD1F9654B940B5A - Taken by Gravelord_Nito
Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-39EFF37BC0F690CC - Taken by Danielsan
Combat Wings: Battle of Britain -- MB-236195DE5E5655F8 - Taken by mrklaw

Terra_Ex

Congrats to JaseC for reaching 3k, that's a truly frightening rate of game acquisitions.

And Divinity OS is updating itself, finally. I know where I'm spending the rest of my day :)

wagamer

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

BIT.TRIP.RUNNER -- MB-749C2710567330CD - Taken by Bel_Air_Jeff. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-FE3BF692E140F226 - Taken by TsuXna. 3 entrants total.

t1404138142z1.png
For the new page, 5 mins left!

mdzapeer

How can I compress them myself without messing up the game?

Just google how to compress videos, the game should be fine unless the code is looking for a specfic file on the checksum level.

As long as you use the same encoding profiles as the orginal video, with a lower video bit-rate obviously, dont see any issues occuring.

You can use a free program called mediainfo to find the original encoding parameters for the orginal video.

BTW For mortal kombat 9, I have actually removed the story videos from the game to save space and it runs just fine. Usually unreal engine 3 does not mind.

Cheddahz

Banned
Thief blows, MGS Rising is shit Ikaruga is Hentai garbage and a shitty fuckign 2d shooter, seriously though, for real, who plays that shit it's 20 fucking 14. Other two are indie shit.

lol mgs rising is one of the best games to come out in the last few years, so shut up and ikaruga is one of the bes shmups ever and i've heard shovel knight is dope, so don't call it shit

actually just shut up (and it's not that i don't respect other people's opinions, but you came off as a jerk)

Lain

lol mgs rising is one of the best games to come out in the last few years, so shut up and ikaruga is one of the bes shmups ever and i've heard shovel knight is dope, so don't call it shit

actually just shut up (and it's not that i don't respect other people's opinions, but you came off as a jerk)

I think you missed the point of his reply.

Ibuki

Banned

Why would you even acknowledge that post he comes off as a fucking idiot.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-86ACECF4E210B309 - Taken by nexen. 44 entrants total.
Mashed -- MB-533308AFC8911430 - Taken by eggwolio. 5 entrants total.
Ikaruga -- MB-16A7313E27567409 - Taken by Automatisch. 44 entrants total.

t1404138868z1.png
And with that I have 0 Gaben dollars left.

Impressions from Astebreed. (Based in the introduction stage)
Sounds good. Thanks for the quick impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom