• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

backdrifter

Neo Member
It's just hitting the last few hours of a sale where I spent a good three times more than I'd hoped for, hit over 850 titles, and the patch to unlock the full Divinity: Original Sin has just dropped.

My response?

Pick up Ikaruga, Double Dragon Neon, The Fall, and The Last Door.

I'm so weak.

Danielsan

Thanks Yakkue for Zeno Clash 2! I've got a holiday coming up in 3 days and once I get back from 8 days of Turkey I'm going to lock myself up for a couple of days hermit style and play games. Zeno Clash will be one of them. :D

Man, I wish I had paid attention to Astebreed before the end of my sale funds, I would have purchased it. Oh well, winter seal is coming. At least I have Divinity Original Sin to play right now. :)

Thanks for the impressions Gravelord_Nito!

Hugstable

Banned
I just got Divinity Original Sin! Found a way around getting the keys and I finally got the game! Today seemed like a bummer at first thanks to Valve not taking my debit card for some reason... but I still got everything I needed! What an awesome way to end the sale :D

TsuXna

This game looks great! I guess even if Sega's not going to listen to well thought out and well supported fan campaigns, the fans will just back door JSRF into existence anyways and maybe improve it along the way.

Composer is the one who made tracks for JSRF, well it was only alpha, i really have big big hopes for that game and hope it won't disspoint me.

Copons

Thanks to my amazing math prowess, I calculated that if I sum up all the Ikaruga, Metal Gear Rising and Double Dragon Neon giveaways I lost the result would exceed the number of users participating in this thread.
Therefore the next giveaway of any one of those games is going to be mine JUST MINE MWAHAHAHAHA, QED.

Parsnip

3kgqjmk.jpg

Wow, congrats.

Lain

Divinity: OS just finished downloading an update for me. Is it OK to start playing the game now, or better to wait until sometime later?

Edit: NM, just checked, full version released, time to start playing.

Jadax

I feel very unsatisfied with this sale.

Was holding out for bigger sales on Dark Souls II and Wasteland 2, sacrificing smaller games in the process.

demented

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Defy Gravity Extended -- MB-0E28B503B5814252 - Taken by Purkake4. 10 entrants total.

t1404144686z1.png

Re posting for visibility, half way through.

WoodWERD

Reposting before bed! Thanks again to those that hooked me up.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

English Country Tune -- MB-621AB6D4433E1AFB - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-03B01316D65F67A8 - Taken by celsowmbr. 7 entrants total.

t1404142237z1.png

Parsnip

My final tally was 9 items, which is actually 10 games. And I'm now going to list them because everyone loves lists.

I actually won't. But I spent more than I remember spending in years past (something like ~85€), so I guess it was a good sale after all.

MadGear

Going to hold on MGR until it's a bit cheaper and hope for the possibility of patch to fix the resolutions without needing that fix.

Thats my plan as well, but i doubt the capped resolution will ever get patched.

I'm overall a bit disappointed with the discounts on character action games during this sale. Initially planned to get DMC, MGR and Castlevania 2 but the discounted prices just weren't that attractive to me (or i should have started looking into key trading to avoid the shitty Euro-pricing). Wanted to get em all and now the sale ends without a single character action game bought by me :D Maybe i just should have bought DMC4 during the DMC sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom