• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link Man

Banned
Oh hey, I still have this, don't intend to use it:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Super Killer Hornet -- MB-9F6578C28A436ECB - Taken by KainXVIII. 8 entrants total.

t1404152635z1.png

Caerith

SAW isn't available here. =/

I guess I gotta get it with keys.
It isn't giftable?

Going on record as the worst sale yet.

No, not because I owned what I wanted already.

I think it's better than Summer '12. At least the community vote is now for a group of games rather than just one game, and they've made the flash sale times consistent.

God, what happned to your beautiful comic avatar? :(

She only comes out to glare disapprovingly at my summer sale posts.

Yeah its pretty low. I don't know if it's been region locked, but I would definitely jump on it if you are interested. Won't be a better pre-release discount than that.

I think im going to try and play Witcher 2 before i jump in. I didn't care too much for the first Witcher game and, unless the Witcher 2 can wash the bad taste out of my mouth, I don't see an immediate reason to want it.

Well, i guess i could get it to see it crush my rig, maybe.

m0t0k1

Your names are terrible. I just thought for a moment that you thanked yourself :D

Haha I used to get both the names mixed up too.

Anyway thanks to everyone who contributed to all the various and massive giveaways. Seeing the community come together to just have great games being raffled off, even the cheaper ones like Marlow and Bad Rats was just awesome to see. Hell seeing everyone do that and winning one myself caused me to do a giveaway as well. It's infectious haha. It was beautiful thing to see though.

How can you confuse us guys? One is Kotori One is Nozomi. One is chasing birds the other is leading a thug live! And Mokoi is the one who is the generous one.

Crayons

Banned
excellent, she's extremely talented at writing some intense social scenarios

the fact that they're coated in a layer of anime paint turns off some, but they're really missing out

Yeah. Tbh I started one expecting it to be mediocre, but I ended up really enjoying it. She is talented and looking forward to her new game.

Real4Life

Neo Member
So how is the performance of the infinity engine games on modern PCs? Gamersgate has this bundle for 4.99 which includes Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (plus expansions), Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 (plus exp) and The temple of elemental evil.

For that price it's woth buying even one of those games haha, but I don't fancy buying them if they won't work. Any thoughts?

Grief.exe

So is it a good or bad sign that Capcom didn't put RE5 on sale, presumably because of GFWL? It's probably foolish but I'm still hoping for the extra DLC to come out on PC.

Historically, Capcom has always been very strange on sales.

They generally focus on a publisher discount separate from the Steam sales.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How can you buy it if you are not from Russia?

Steam supports gift purchasing and has done since 2007. This gave birth to a "grey market" where people located in regions wherein games are notably cheaper sell them to international users for a small profit. The most common payment methods are TF2/CS:GO keys (think of them as $2 coins) and PayPal. Dota 2 keys were also commonly accepted until recently, however their value plummeted due to new chest drops that don't require keys to open.

Poetic

Won another $6 from the M&M thing. Wish I didn't waste my last $9 bucks at the end of the sale. Shovel Knight could have been mine.

Jadax

Steam supports gift purchasing and has done since 2006. This gave birth to a "grey market" where people located in regions wherein games are notably cheaper sell them to international users for a small profit. The most common payment methods are TF2/CS:GO keys (think of them as $2 coins) and PayPal. Dota 2 keys were also commonly accepted until recently, however their value plummeted due to new chest drops that don't require keys to open.

You're like a steamGAF think-tank cum encyclopaedia.

Thanks to everyone in the thread who recommended Devil May Cry 4 PC's port. Yummy.

So how is the performance of the infinity engine games on modern PCs? Gamersgate has this bundle for 4.99 which includes Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 (plus expansions), Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale 1 and 2 (plus exp) and The temple of elemental evil.

For that price it's woth buying even one of those games haha, but I don't fancy buying them if they won't work. Any thoughts?

They work just fine.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man. I really feel sorry for anyone who didn't get Crimzon Clover from the sale. It's so damn good. Probably my favorite thing I got over the past 10 days.

(Yes, I'm probably going to be harping on this point for at least a couple more days. :lol)

Wow, someone needs to take the indie studios that are in that new Groupees greenlight bundle and teach them how to make a damn icon for their game. Looks like most were slapped together in... 2 seconds maybe? Some are barely legible. Way to make a good first impression.

(also bravo to Kel: Reaper of Entropy for featuring "a non-existent variety of ways to customize your character")

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

edit: I'm a foolish fool.

To actually answer your question, those games work fine. There are various mods and user made patches that make the experience smoother or more accommodating for modern computers as well.

Eusis

Literally every R* PC game has leaked ahead of time thanks to retail copies using GameShield. As I said before, R* has embraced Steam-friendly keys so I'd be surprised if GTAV isn't Steamworks with Social Club layered on top.
I thought MP3 may've required Steam activation regardless, but I see that retail didn't and just some places like Amazon sold steam codes. If this is full on Steamworks then yet, maybe it really is Rockstar social club junk.
Accept it

GFWLIVE is here forever

Forever

FOREVER
Meh, wasn't there for MP3, Rockstar already abandoned that ship.

JaseC

And where I can buy it with Paypal? Is safe?

TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades are the two most popular sites. As for it being safe, well, you have to be careful of region-locking and wary of scammers. It's best advised to pay with TF2 keys purchased from the market when dipping your toes into trading as if you are scammed you can ask Valve to reverse the trade -- obviously Valve can't help you if you "pay" with something outside of Steam itself.

liezryou

TF2 Outpost and Steam Trades are the two most popular sites. As for it being safe, well, you have to be careful of region-locking and wary of scammers. It's best advised to pay with TF2 keys purchased from the market when dipping your toes into trading as if you are scammed you can ask Valve to reverse the trade -- obviously Valve can't help you if you "pay" with something outside of Steam itself.

/r/steamgameswap is also very popular.

JaseC

You're like a steamGAF think-tank cum encyclopaedia.

I couldn't tell you my brother's birthday but I can tell you that the first ever Daily Deal was Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. ;)

/r/steamgameswap is also very popular.

Ah, yeah, I keep forgetting about Reddit. Probably because the Saoirse Ronan sub-reddit doesn't get much action. :p

tmarg

Wow, someone needs to take the indie studios that are in that new Groupees greenlight bundle and teach them how to make a damn icon for their game. Looks like most were slapped together in... 2 seconds maybe? Some are barely legible. Way to make a good first impression.

(also bravo to Kel: Reaper of Entropy for featuring "a non-existent variety of ways to customize your character")

If you are still trying to do greenlight bundles given the rate Valve are currently letting things on steam, you are scraping the absolute bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom