• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sorry... but whats a Smurf in CSGO? besides of course, this

Male_Smurf_Comic_Book.jpg
A dummy account that pretty much only exists to play one game, in this case CSGO. Used both to fuck over matchmaking and evade bans.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Can someone do me a big favour and buy Gone Home for me? I am in France at the moment and I have troubles paying using Paypal as payment in Steam. It says the address does not match. Of course I will pay you back the full amount using paypal.

What's your Steam profile?

Is there a quick and easy way to get rid of all the stuff from making decks that sell for nothing? I saw people mentioning trashbot earlier but I never asked what it was.

Shadownet

Banned
Playing Call of Juarez Gunslinger. Never played a game like this before. Feel really like a kid in the arcade again.

Where have this gem been all my life??

Deadbeat

Banned
But aren't the sale prices set by the publisher?
BazPkxO.png
So every pricing error we have ever seen is the result of the publisher, and then 5 minutes after the error goes live the publisher (which didnt proof read their email) hastily calls valve to have them fix it to prevent the mass sales mistake they made and people capitalize on it.

SmithnCo

Is there a quick and easy way to get rid of all the stuff from making decks that sell for nothing? I saw people mentioning trashbot earlier but I never asked what it was.

I use trashbot, it is a steam user that is actually a bot. You friend it and trade your useless crap to it and it automatically accepts it.

subtleglitch

Neo Member
It shocks me that 7 people entered for Bad Rats. You'd think everyone would have it at this point. You'd think with its reputation no one would want it. Is it like a SteamGAF rite of passage to win one from the giveaways? What a crazy world we live in...

I entered into that giveaway

I don't have that game >_>
I wouldn't mind it lol

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member
Time to give back! .... Hope this works

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Poker Night at the Inventory -- MB-E728C039D0FAE293 - Taken by rouken[/QUOTE]

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what are the cheapest badges to craft in case my color is going to be second or third on a day (since Redwill always be first now aparently)

I dont have CS:GO

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Tellaerin

no, I just miss my Taskmaster

In fact, I miss Laharl too

Personally, I'll always think of you as Laharl. (Though I did like your She-Hulk avatar.)

Don't really understand this Natalie Dormer thing lately. I just can't see the appeal, myself. : / Tastes differ and all that, I guess.

Valve finally got me to craft a pack. Go red team, win me games but please do all the heavy lifting!

I don't even know what you can get for making a badge but I got a background, shotgun emoticon, and just another summer badge.

Eusis

Yay, thanks to nbnt I now have Bad Rats as a warped sort of badge of honor!

That might also be the first proper raffle I've won.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So far, I regret buying about half the things I bought, including:

-Ducktales Remastered
-The Sims 3
-RAGE

Everything else I can see myself getting at least some enjoyment from, but these, um... I think I made a mistake. The Secret World is also weird.

Sleeping Dogs has been the surprise highlight of the sale for me, though. It's like Shenmue and GTA had a baby... and I love it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yay, thanks to nbnt I now have Bad Rats as a warped sort of badge of honor!

That might also be the first proper raffle I've won.

started off with a showstopper, its all downhill from here

Shadownet

Banned
Stop posting pics of Natalie unless you want to get us all banned. we were warned last thread.

(Not that I dont appreciate them)

*into my collection you go*

Kiru

I think you're blinded by watching that girl in GoT. Didn't watch GoT and also don't find her that hot.
strange face 4/10 would not bang

Rhaknar

i really have to question Valve's logic here, they changed the rules so people wouldnt game the system to have a different color everyday... so now we have the same color every day, and thats better?

Ceebs

Woo won a 2nd set of M&M money. Between this, selling all these trading cards I am in the black on this steam sale.

Deadbeat

Banned
i really have to question Valve's logic here, they changed the rules so people wouldnt game the system to have a different color everyday... so now we have the same color every day, and thats better?
Maybe this is where Putin is laundering the Sochi Olympics money.

Jak140

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but you can get the Bioshock Infinite Season Pass here for $6: https://www.gameagent.com/games/bioshock-infinite-season-pass

The site is for Mac games, but it also activates the PC version when you enter it on Steam. It takes a long time for them to finally ship you the code (took 5 hours to get mine), but it's the cheapest it's been since the $5 error during the winter sale.

Rhaknar

Woo won a 2nd set of M&M money. Between this, selling all these trading cards I am in the black on this steam sale.

better sell all the cards before using the chocolate and getting banned from the market

The chance of winning free games was too slim anyway, might as well buy them ourselves.

SZGF

Banned
I think you're blinded by watching that girl in GoT. Didn't watch GoT and also don't find her that hot.
strange face 4/10 would not bang
Maybe I find Natalie Portman hot because she looks like my mum too then

IpGl4yC.jpg

They're making more money off the marketplace fees for people buying Point and Switch Team items, so yes, it's better for Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom