• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
They're making more money off the marketplace fees for people buying Point and Switch Team items, so yes, it's better for Valve.

I guess so. and people feel bad for abusing price mistakes? Fuck THAT :p

Anustart

Last try, would anyone be willing to use my mars card to buy me mass effect and gift it to me? Steam is erroring for me when I try :(

Knurek

Amazing news that DROD game got (finally) greenlit. Really happy, best puzzle game on PC, second best puzzle game ever.
Hope the devs will issue keys for IGS/Desura buyers (and that they will have previous games available as DLC).

Hoping that Action Sandbox Community Choice comes through for me before I wake up. I'll celebrate by downloading in the morning! :D

After that, all I need for the rest of the sale is for the Skyrim Legendary pack to drop back down to $14 again... I'd be good for months after all the games I've picked up so far!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Banner Saga also added some kind of mod support recently. Don't know how it will be implemented in the game but if it allows people to create full campaigns like Shadowrun, it would be great

Unicorn

I got a foil card and sold it for 2.23
KuGsj.gif

Can't say no to free money. Almost have 3.50. Just need MK9 to come back on sale so I can triple dip for dirt cheap.

What's this? Making your money back by joyful gameplay, or am I missing out on monies? (I already have cs:go)

I think they were referring to weapon skin drops you can sell in the market. I don't play CSGO enough but the couple times I did play I only got like 1 weapon skin and a case. I mostly played before they added that stuff in.

Anteater

The Blackwell series is great, just finished the second game (unbound), I kind of like it better than the first game, these are kind of short so I could finish each one in a few sessions, can't wait to play the next ep.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Question. How likely do you think it is I could get Hitman: Sniper Challenge if I was on the winning team and got my first three wishlist games? Technically I can't buy it myself as I already own Hitman Absolution, but it is a purchasable title and that means it qualifies does it not?

Needs a hug button to be perfect for me.

Shadownet

Banned
Valiant Hearts is a ridiculously long game... or maybe I just have short attention span. Very good so far.

I'm up to almost 7 hours now and I think I'm almost done with chapter 2.. out of 4.

Sajjaja

GAF lied to me. They said I'd get my money back from CS:GO in a few matches :<

Well, you have to buy the Operation in order to get those Weapon Crates which sell for quite a bit. Operations are like $2.50, but there is no operation right now so ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Ceebs

better sell all the cards before using the chocolate and getting banned from the market

I have been requesting the 6 bucks through Paypal to another email address and taking the 50 cent hit on fees. So no adding any payment methods to steam to use them.

I didn't know you could buy extra points.

They're drops people receive, but of course, anyone with sense turns around and sells them on the marketplace, which Valve gets a cut off the final sales of. So not directly, but pretty close to it.

There's items to add certain amounts of points, to steal an amount of points from an opposing team, and to switch to different team colors. I have a feeling getting a certain team's color is a lot pricier than the rest.

Shadownet

Banned
Can someone pimp my avatar up and put a Destiny symbol behind it? Gotta get ready for the beta. *so stoked*

Please and thank you

What's this? Making your money back by joyful gameplay, or am I missing out on monies? (I already have cs:go)

Most likely got a 1 in 100 thousand drop, only way normal drops are worth anything is if they drop within first day of being released and even thats 30cents.. down to 3cents in 3-4 days.

Really enjoying rising, spent like 5 hours on it last night.

kurahador

The Blackwell series is great, just finished the second game (unbound), I kind of like it better than the first game, these are kind of short so I could finish each one in a few sessions, can't wait to play the next ep.

Played the first one few hours ago and I thought it was really good. I love the relationship between the 2 characters.

So the second game is better you say? Guess I'll be playing it later. I just need to finish my replay first with the commentary to get the achievement.

The Blackwell series was a surprise for me. It starts off good, and gets better with each game. Also, the commentaries are worth listening to, as Dave touches on some interesting topics related to the games' development (Inspirations, casting, game/story/character design).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom