• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dracula: Love Kills -- MB-453A3CA70457EFAB - Taken by MulderWasTaken
Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis (vs. Arsene Lupin) -- MB-2D00DB4F65263C90 - Taken by factorone
Sherlock Holmes: Mystery of the Mummy -- MB-C05C77AFBE7B05AB - Taken by redlacs
Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring -- MB-ED2C0CB492626153 - Taken by slayzz
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (presumably Remastered Edition) -- MB-876A870DB1FFE3AA - Taken by Zeliard

Blue-kun

Just to confirm something here, as it'll be the first time I do this. To gift something through Steam I send it to my mail, get the url and send it on the PM to ModBot, right? I see that's what's on the guide, but since the first part mentions an actual key instead of the URL, I'm just trying to confirm it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
This Steam sale has been mediocre. Games showing up during votes, flash, and then dailies. What a waste. As if there aren't enough games on Steam to sell.

welcome to the last 4 or 5 sales, this has been happening for years now, its not new

I actually would argue this sale has been much better than last years sale. There's been far less repeats too, I remember last year like almost every game sale popping up three times. There's repeats here, but I would also say more overall variety in the sales and the repeats are at least toned down.

I hate community voting, however. The community voters literally are dumb or something like that as they will almost always pick the worse of the two choices 90% of the time, always going for 'big name' games even if they've already been on sale twice.

If you let typo's and grammer get the best of you, your going too have a miserable time on the internet.

480px-I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Vuze

Just to confirm something here, as it'll be the first time I do this. To gift something through Steam I send it to my mail, get the url and send it on the PM to ModBot, right? I see that's what's on the guide, but since the first part mentions an actual key instead of the URL, I'm just trying to confirm it.

Yes, remove everything after the gift ID if you don't want to share your mail.

Yakkue

Confirmed :)

tmarques

This Steam sale has been mediocre. Games showing up during votes, flash, and then dailies. What a waste. As if there aren't enough games on Steam to sell.

It's weird because for games like Double Dragon they already have the go-ahead from the publisher, so why not put it up after it lost the community vote?

And then you have a lot of games with great discounts that most people will not know about because they are never featured on the front page. It makes no sense.

Madouu

Oh well, I was going to get Steamworld Dig but then I realized it was probably not the kind of game for me, it's looking like I'm not getting anything today either. A shame about Ikaruga.

Turfster

Yes, basically.

zulux21

I hate community voting, however. The community voters literally are dumb or something like that as they will almost always pick the worse of the two choices 90% of the time, always going for 'big name' games even if they've already been on sale twice.

yup... to many people going... oh I don't care I won't buy either... guess i will vote for the bundle with the AAA title as it's obviously better because I know it...

ikaruga needs to be on the next flash sale @_@

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
ATTN: NEW BUNDLESTARS BUNDLE IS A-MA-ZING

NEW BUNDLE is a shock to the system! 7 Steam keys for $2.99
Enter a twisted world of cult classic sci-fi, RPG and horror games with 7 Steam keys for $2.99 in the new Aftershock Bundle!

VIEW THE BUNDLE HERE[www.bundlestars.com]
UFO: Aftershock
UFO: Aftermath
Wizardry 6 & 7
Wizardry 8
System Shock 2
Harvester
Ascension to the Throne
More information, videos and Steam links on the Bundle Stars page.[www.bundlestars.com]

Plus, don't miss 75% off the Chivalry: Complete Pack[www.bundlestars.com] - 24 hours to go on this flash sale!

You should buy this bundle if you don't own Harvester or System Shock 2.

DogMeat77

Final attempt at these Steam keys before I have to send them off to a sad sad fate that not even Bad Rats deserves.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PossumMeat:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Soulbringer -- MB-4EDC16B3C1990E85 - Taken by Terra_Ex
1953 KGB Unleashed -- MB-FCF82D54E20925EF - Taken by Fjord

While we're on the subject of Resident Evil, is there a reason RE1-3 aren't on Steam? All three came out for Windows it seems. Seems weird that Capcom wouldn't jump at the chance to sell a truckload of them on Steam.

Dambrosi

Banned
Steamworld Dig is only a "metroidvania" in the sense that you gain new abilities as the game goes on. It's not really like there's a lot to explore, unless you consider going down for 5 hours interesting.

I'm not sure why the game gets all the praise it does -- maybe because even though it's gameplay might be repetitive, it's somehow compelling.
That's funny, because you could say all those same things about Spelunky
if you just looked at the surface and didn't understand the underlying game structure that makes it special

Uh... how do you compare Full Bore with Spelunky?
Ok, they're both 2D and set in an underground setting, but... that's it, really!

I got bored by Full Bore (ffs, that name, really :D ) because I didn't feel engaged by its puzzles. I don't mean they were too easy for me, but just that I didn't have fun solving them. (ie. I had loads of fun playing The Swapper)
Okay, fair enough, you like what you like, and vice versa. I got the game for a buck long ago, so it's not like I'm somehow offended by your opinion.

The concept of being offended by someone's opinion on a video game...boggles the mind.

kswiston

yup... to many people going... oh I don't care I won't buy either... guess i will vote for the bundle with the AAA title as it's obviously better because I know it...

ikaruga needs to be on the next flash sale @_@

The problem with voting to the pack that contains Dark Souls or Farcry 3, or Assassins Creed Black Flag is that all of those games are highly likely to make the Steam Encore. Not to mention most were already on sale for 48 hours at that price.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
GIVEAWAY

just bumping this one up - it's still going :) and there are 14 games left ... grab 'em while you can!! :) and enjoy!!

Caerith

30 games and counting. 25 of which i bought within the last 5 days lol Yes but I'm not dying to play it. I just dont wanna miss out on the good sale.
Dishonored GOTY isn't a great deal. Unless you're going to play it before December, wait for the winter sale and hope for -75%.

Why does Civ5 Gold not exist anymore?

It got supplanted by Civ V Complete, much like Gold supplanted GOTY. If history's any indication, they'll eventually add an "Upgrade to Civ V Complete" option.

liezryou

Thanks rhaknar for the driveby steamworld dig gift. Let's see how this game actually is.

EDIT: Wow a 7 metacritic user score? rofl better lower my expectations.

solarus

Is there anyway to upgrade from civ 5 to the complete edition or will I just have to buy the complete edition to get all of the dlc at a reasonable cost. Buying the dlc individually costs more than the complete edition itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom