• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arukado

I might buy dishonored today, but i don't know if i should buy the goty edition or just the regular one. I don't have enough fingernails to make this decision :lol.

Hugstable

Banned
Alright! Participating on this sales craziness for the first time, and you guys have all been awesome with giveaways and what not, so I decided I should contribute to SteamGAF as well. As such, here's a giveaway of one of my favourite games ever. Hopefully whoever takes it will like it just as much as me and find out the joys of Ys (if they haven't, yet!)

Enjoy and good luck, guys! (Hope it all went perfectly, too! lol)

Not getting in on this one since I already own it on both PC and Vita, but honestly such a great game to give out for a Giveaway. This game floored me when I first played it just due to the blazing speed of the gameplay and the badass music. One of my favorites of the yS series.

Cheddahz

Banned
Alright! Participating on this sales craziness for the first time, and you guys have all been awesome with giveaways and what not, so I decided I should contribute to SteamGAF as well. As such, here's a giveaway of one of my favourite games ever. Hopefully whoever takes it will like it just as much as me and find out the joys of Ys (if they haven't, yet!)

Enjoy and good luck, guys! (Hope it all went perfectly, too! lol)

That's an amazing game and I hope whoever wins it enjoys it to the fullest!

Shadownet

Banned
Wait for next sale then. My backlog is 100 deep

Dishonored GOTY isn't a great deal. Unless you're going to play it before December, wait for the winter sale and hope for -75%.

It got supplanted by Civ V Complete, much like Gold supplanted GOTY. If history's any indication, they'll eventually add an "Upgrade to Civ V Complete" option.

Thanks guys. I needed the reassurance. Will wait for winter sale.

so two noob questions.

There isn't a Fall Sale? We got Spring Summer and Winter sales.

and two.

what happen to steam keys when you ask Modbot to nuke it?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Is Civ 5 worth it at $7.50? I've never played an RTS.
I was also deciding between L4D2 as well.

Civ isn't an RTS, it's a TBS; basically this means that you get to take your time. As far as TBSes go, Civ has one of the friendliest learning curves of any of them. If you have a 360 or PS3 I'd maybe recommend Civ Revolution, which is a little more simple, but on PC Civ 5 is a great choice to start.

ev0

I've had Civ 5 sitting unplayed for over a year. I'm missing the latest expansion pack. Is it recommended to play it with that to start?

Fjord

Is Civ 5 worth it at $7.50? I've never played an RTS.
I was also deciding between L4D2 as well.

...I don't want to add extra money to my Steam wallet, so I'm only choosing one. These sales are so tempting!

Gotta go with Civ 5. it's not an RTS, turn based so there's no pressure.

Chavelo

There has been so many new AAA and indie games since the 2012 Summer Sale and I still see the same crap as dailies. I mean, we have Greenlight now! Get some of that shit in there!

:(

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Never played any of the Batman games... should I start with the first one? Or should I just play the newest one and forget the old ones?

Crayons

Banned
I've had Civ 5 sitting unplayed for over a year. I'm missing the latest expansion pack. Is it recommended to play it with that to start?

I played Civ V without Brave New World. I enjoyed it so much that I played it for 26 hours straight the first time I booted it up. I bought the expansion like a week later.

So sure, go ahead

Enco

I bought the expansion and haven't played with it much since my friends don't have it.

I don't think it's vital since you're new but I think the community loves it. Definitely wouldn't hurt to have if you have some cash. If not I wouldn't worry.

So I bought System Shock 2.

I have no intention of playing System Shock 2.

rsz_1daffy_duck_cartoom_wallpaper-normal54.png

What have I done?
Have you played System Shock 2? If you haven't, next time you are starting a new FPS game, play SS2 instead. It's better.

Turfster

There has been so many new AAA and indie games since the 2012 Summer Sale and I still see the same crap as dailies. I mean, we have Greenlight now! Get some of that shit in there!

:(

more games released this year than there ever were on steam before, still the same old deals repeating over and over again.
This is how we live now.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
guys! Hate games are discounted (thanks my activity feed, wouldn't have noticed otherwise)
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/32136/

I need to pick Hate plus, slim chance of it being daily or flash with better discount, but I'll wait some.

I'm waiting for the last day of the sale to pick these up. They both look really interesting.

no idea but this kept happening the first level no matter what the settings
55A947A0F38A134E6BB4C4897B1B968979695928

6954B26D8C24FED4CE8D296FD2644EED4B001777

After that the next 2 levels I played haven't had that problem.

That...actually looks kind of cool and stylish. The clothes remind me of The Last Express.

Blue-kun

Not getting in on this one since I already own it on both PC and Vita, but honestly such a great game to give out for a Giveaway. This game floored me when I first played it just due to the blazing speed of the gameplay and the badass music. One of my favorites of the yS series.

That's an amazing game and I hope whoever wins it enjoys it to the fullest!

Yeah, this was actually my first Ys game too, though when I first played it there wasn't even a translation yet. Ever since then I've become a huuuge Falcom fan, especially of their Ys offerings. Always changing up the formula a bit, but always delivering just very tight, fun experiences on the A-RPG genres. And the music, oh boy!

Also cool to see more GAF Ys fans, haha.

Ostinatto

It's the epitome of the "one more turn" game. If you are in any way interested in a turn-based strategy game, you have no reason to pass this game up. The Civilization series has been around for a long time, and Civ5 manages to capture the quality of the previous games in a more accessible way without being too casual.

Civilization is one of the classics of the 4X genre. In it, you determine the fate of a nation through the ages by founding cities, waging wars, choosing policies, etc. It has multiple victory conditions, and is pretty much what the 7 Wonders board game was distilled from.

One of the most successful gaming franchises of all time! Probably the most played single player game out there, at least in number of hours put into it. I think it could hook most people, give it a try.

Gameplay wise its like Tropico 5 but way more complex?

masterkajo

Never played any of the Batman games... should I start with the first one? Or should I just play the newest one and forget the old ones?

I personally like the first one (Arkham Asylum) the best. You will hear different opinions though. For me the openworldness of the second and third game somehow made for a less cohesive experience and story. You spend a lot of time just traveling / flying through the city to your destination. In short get the 2nd and 3rd if you like open world games. Get the first if you want a more limited but well crafted setting and more of a Metroid feel.

Terra_Ex

Nothing for me again today, same old stuff as always and the stuff I am interested in isn't at the price I want it to be. Valve needs more items on the front page of these sales or at least more variety.

Will pick up that Bundlestars bundle later though, I knew passing on the other Wizardry bundle a while back would pay off.

I might buy dishonored today, but i don't know if i should buy the goty edition or just the regular one. I don't have enough fingernails to make this decision :lol.

Buying the regular edition of any game bethesda publishes is like asking to be screwed over on DLC prices later. The story DLCs are more than worth it, so just go with GOTY.

Vecks

Is the SW: Battlefront 2 single player any good? I think I played it on the ps2 a long time ago, but I don't seem to remember anything about it.

Buying Resident Evil 4 for the third time(GC,Wii) is crazy right? I mean I have finished that game like at least 4 times. I can't pick it up again... Can I?

Someone please tell me the mouse aim is horribly implemented or something.

So I bought System Shock 2.

I have no intention of playing System Shock 2.

What have I done?

This has been stated a lot but you need to absolutely remedy this and get an intention. I played it having already adored the original Bioshock, and enjoyed Infinite (I was lukewarm on the second game) and it absolutely deserves every bit of praise it gets. It is fantastic, with a huge amount of freedom, a welcome complexity in the tasks provided, a gripping, horrifying atmosphere (it is far more terrifying, in my opinion, than Bioshock was, and whereas I felt Bioshock lost it's atmosphere in the Medical Pavillion, System Shock 2 retains it throughout), and a very engaging storyline never loses its intensity until the, frankly, awful ending that's just as bad as the original Bioshock's) that. The gameplay is slightly weak in terms of the shooting mechanics, and I found the control scheme a little odd, but overall, this is a far superior game to Bioshock, despite having played it after Bioshock (which I, as stated, adored, and is one of my favourite games from the last generation). It isn't nostalgia altering people's view of this game, it truly deserves every bit of praise it gets. It's one of the few games on Steam I've actually completed (I also replayed it, which is even more shocking), and you would be doing yourself a disservice not to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom