• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Civ 5 worth it at $7.50? I've never played an RTS.
I was also deciding between L4D2 as well.

...I don't want to add extra money to my Steam wallet, so I'm only choosing one. These sales are so tempting!

Go with Civ 5. One of the best TBS you can buy. It's one of those games where you can relax with a cup of coffee/tea and play all day.

In fact, I'm gonna go play it right now....

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Buying Resident Evil 4 for the third time(GC,Wii) is crazy right? I mean I have finished that game like at least 4 times. I can't pick it up again... Can I?

Someone please tell me the mouse aim is horribly implemented or something.

I have purchased Resident Evil 4 five times (PS2, GC, Wii, 360HD, PC). I regret nothing.

FoneBone

I missed out on last week's discount on the Assassin's Creed series, so I don't mind that being repeated. Never played any of the games in the series, but given the consensus, I'm skipping straight to ACII.

Doomedfool

So I bought System Shock 2.

I have no intention of playing System Shock 2.

rsz_1daffy_duck_cartoom_wallpaper-normal54.png

What have I done?

There are a lot of games that maybe shouldn't get played. This is not one of them...

fenners

Has anyone played Blockland? Thinking about it for my kids who enjoy MInecraft, Starbound, etc.

I picked it up for my kids & it's nowhere near as well done as Minecraft IMO, and the emphasis is on shooting rather than construction - the construction tools are powerful but more complicated than Minecraft's.

J0dy77

Why did Steam community have to fail so hard on the Spelunky vote early on? I want that and SF4 so bad. Still kicking myself for missing SF when it was $7.50 on Amazon.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Thanks for Metro 2033, lashman!!! :)

Anyone who has never played RE4 MUST buy that shit.

hey, no problem man :) enjoy the game and have fun!! :D also - I think you can still grab the Redux version pre-order 50% off when you have the "old" version :)

ev0

I played Civ V without Brave New World. I enjoyed it so much that I played it for 26 hours straight the first time I booted it up. I bought the expansion like a week later.

So sure, go ahead

I bought the expansion and haven't played with it much since my friends don't have it.

I don't think it's vital since you're new but I think the community loves it. Definitely wouldn't hurt to have if you have some cash. If not I wouldn't worry.

Yes. Get Brave New World and start playing!

Cool, think I'll pick it up. try to sell some cards first though haha. thanks!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why did Steam community have to fail so hard on the Spelunky vote early on? I want that and SF4 so bad. Still kicking myself for missing SF when it was $7.50 on Amazon.

At least Spelunky came back as a flash (think it was a flash at least), unlike the Last Door and Broken Age so far. And likely Ikaruga.

_hekk05

Banned

Spelunky has had a flash I believe. I bought my copy then. SF4 you just have to wait and pray

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Spelunky was a flash sale

ModBot said:
Instructions for Da DreadLord:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-7498239540E679ED - Taken by Divius

Blearth

Banned
That's why I love GAF. You have some people that buy 2 or 3 collector's editions of some garbage game.

Then you have some people that won't spend $11 on the greatest game ever made.

That full spectrum. :)

Newblade

Suit yourself.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

System Shock 2 -- MB-29017A37338BF142 - Taken by tmarques

Thinking about buying RE6. How's the online multiplayer? Still active?

Mercs still has activity and it's the best part of the game anyway. Such a blast on co-op.
I had a lot of invasions during the campaign last time I played it a couple of months ago (never looked for co-op partners since I was playing with my brother) so I'm guessing it's still pretty active.
The sale should also help.

Lomax

That's why I love GAF. You have some people that buy 2 or 3 collector's editions of some garbage game.

The best part is, different people thought of at least 5 different $11 games when they read this post of yours :)

If you're talking about Dishonored, I have faith that it'll be significantly cheaper down the line for the GOTY edition.

I'm a patient man. I can wait.

akira28

I thought it is some kind of budget game. Didn't know it is an application.

Thanks for letting me know.

I think it's some kind of application that supposedly does gamification of budgeting. Making budgeting fun or doing some kind of unique angle on it or something. It has pretty good reviews, so it has to be more than just saving money with spreadsheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom