• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Summer Sales 2014 |OT3| Sale over, new thread tonight/tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
OwiWBHw.png

So true! Love that game :D

liezryou

Aaaand all my RU/CIS locked copies of valiant hearts are gone. The VPN thing failed ( probably cause of shitty free VPN ). But i just opened another banner saga 4 pack for kurt angle, so have 3 more to trade, only 3 tf2 keys!

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
We should bug Capcom to put Chaos Legion on steam and upgrade the game to use 360 controllers.
*crickets*
Bye...

Eternia

Fallen Enchantress or endless space, which wins?
Endless Space seems more positively received than Fallen Enchantress. I've only played Endless Space and it's very well made with a slick interface and possibly iffy AI. But I'm also a sucker for space-based games so I may not be the best person to ask!

And thanks to Shade for Grotesque Tactics 2!

Nirran

Aaaand all my RU/CIS locked copies of valiant hearts are gone. The VPN thing failed ( probably cause of shitty free VPN ). But i just opened another banner saga 4 pack for kurt angle, so have 3 more to trade, only 3 tf2 keys!

I`ll take a copy for 3 keys. Name is Nirran on steam.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I've been playing a ton of Spelunky lately...are there any games you'd guys recommend that come close to its greatness?

Sorry, Spelunky is in a class of its own. A few that come close (with very short descriptions to give you a basic idea and to not make myself look foolish if you already know about) include:

Rogue Legacy: Generally more forgiving, more combat (leans more in the Castlevania direction for moment to moment gameplay, but with better control over your character)

Volgarr: Not randomly generated but a very punishing and rewarding platformer. More of a love letter to Genesis era gaming, worth playing.

FTL: Not a platformer at all, but it has the same sort of "Oh, damn, things just went real real rotten and now I'm dead" feeling that Spelunky has. Also randomly generated with permadeath.

Binding of Isaac: Also not a platformer. A Smash TV take on roguelikes with a lot of powerups and fun item combinations.

edit: Also, the game that superficially looks most like Spelunky but plays very differently, La Mulana. There are some surface similarities but it is a puzzle/exploration game first and foremost. It's a hell of a game and it wants you to feel much pain, so if you are just looking for a hard experience that features a guy with a whip that goes to some temples, pick this one up.

Sorry, Spelunky is in a class of its own. A few that come close (with very short descriptions to give you a basic idea and to not make myself look foolish if you already know about) include:

Rogue Legacy: Generally more forgiving, more combat (leans more in the Castlevania direction for moment to moment gameplay, but with better control over your character)

FTL: Not a platformer at all, but it has the same sort of "Oh, damn, things just went real real rotten and now I'm dead" feeling that Spelunky has. Also randomly generated with permadeath.

Binding of Isaac: Also not a platformer. A Smash TV take on roguelikes with a lot of powerups and fun item combinations.

Great games!

Dingotech

Not sure why but I'm hoping for a Dark Souls 2 daily.

I rage quit the first game, but I do like the sound of the changes to the new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom