• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Volcynika

What do you have to do to make that Alpha Protocol patch to work with the Steam version? Running it normally just says it can't find it.

(I know it works on the Steam version, other people have confirmed it did)

EDIT: Figured it out. Had to start it up to get it added to the registry.

Dennis

Banned
Volcynika said:
What do you have to do to make that Alpha Protocol patch to work with the Steam version? Running it normally just says it can't find it.

(I know it works on the Steam version, other people have confirmed it did)

EDIT: Figured it out. Had to start it up to get it added to the registry.
What is this AP patch you are talking about? Isn't the game auto-updated by Steam?

RedFalcon

Neo Member
Picked up Borderlands, as I've been eying it for a while now. Was hoping the GOTY edition would go on sale, but didn't want to miss out on the $9.99 price.

Looks like Direct2Drive is matching Steam's prices on most games, but if I ever have to choose between the two, I always go with Steam.

Steamtopfive.jpg

My bottom five are:

Mass Effect 2
Resident Evil 5
The elder scrolls IV: Oblivion(GOTY)
Batman: Arkham Asylum(GOTY)
Amnesia: The dark descent

The latter five are primed for deals and are also way cheaper to boot. I had to add call of duty because I felt that my list was too top heavy with strategy/rpg games. If I win I may have a heart attack.

:lol

Lothars

caromelo said:
My wishlist:
Portal 2
The Witcher 2
RAGE
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Brink

That's almost Identical to mine except I have Homefront

The Witcher 2
HomeFront
RAGE
Brink

Lothars

SolarPowered said:
The latter five are primed for deals and are also way cheaper to boot. I had to add call of duty because I felt that my list was too top heavy with strategy/rpg games. If I win I may have a heart attack.

:lol

Mine is heavy with FPS but it's because I already own the rest of the games I want except I want Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition to go on sale because I want all the DLC.

I would love to win as well, it would be crazy.

Sysgen

RedFalcon said:
Picked up Borderlands, as I've been eying it for a while now. Was hoping the GOTY edition would go on sale, but didn't want to miss out on the $9.99 price.

Looks like Direct2Drive is matching Steam's prices on most games, but if I ever have to choose between the two, I always go with Steam.

Last sale it was 7 dollars. You can't go into these sales with an I'm going to miss out mentality. Games with dlc like Borderlands don't appear for me to be on sale when you have to pay so much more to get the game and the dlc. Last sale before the dlc came out you could get the package for $17. Decent buy but even that wasn't something earth shattering like most people look for.

Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga
Test Drive Unlimited 2
Fallout New Vegas
Rage

Minamu said:
Thanks, I couldn't drag and drop but I could change the numbers manually in the boxes next to them.

I had the same problem, until I realized that if you drag, then drop when the mouse cursor is off to the left (when it's an arrow, not a hand) it'll work.

Made a wishlist but will likely delete after the contest is over. Even though our family always asks each other what we want for Christmas, making an online wishlist feels tacky to me.

thundr51

Ok guys I've got at least 7 more copies of HL2 that I don't need. Just send me a PM with your email and you get one. Think of it as my gift to GAF.

HappyMerryChristmaHannakwaanza...

Salsa

DUFFMCWALIN said:
I just looked and I now have 87 games on steam. I'm pretty sure I haven't completed at least half :lol

61 myself. I think i have a little more control over myself than most people here :lol

dave_d

Servizio said:
I got it for the PS3 back when it came out; it's more like Crackdown than the GTAs, maybe the Just Cause games.

Not a very pretty game, but a lot can happen on screen. I remember there being an achievement for murdering 50 pedestrians in under five seconds, or something in that neighborhood. You basically have a ton of ridiculous attacks that are good for taking out large crowds of enemies, or tanks, or helicopters. You can run up walls, glide around around, hijack vehicles including the choppers in mid-flight. Disguise as enemy commanders to call in airstrikes or lose alerts.

I had fun with it, and I'd recommend it as a rental if you enjoy the more action oriented, or racing challenge kind of sandbox game rather than the driving around, enjoying the scenery and the soundtrack GTA or Saints Row style.

I guess 15$ for a PC game could count in the rental range?

oops missed this. So how is the PC vs console version anyway?

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
clip said:
5 minutes until new deals dudes!

Just got home, nothing I want too much in that first deal, so am preparing excitement for 2nd deal! I want me.. the last remenant.. I think thats it's title.. the JRPG

Bebpo

Banned
Kane & Lynch 2 down to $5 already WOW

I bought K&L1 for $5 in the summer sale. Now I can do the same for the sequel!

syllogism

The packs are pretty cheap too

10 copies of Defense Grid ($15)
12 copies of AudioSurf ($20)
8 copies of Left 4 Dead 2 ($25)
10 copies of Puzzle Quest 2 ($35)

Top Bottom