• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I hate this. I want Recettar, but it's the only one I want from the pack. Now I can either wait a day or two and see how much it is for the bundle. Or buy it now, with a bunch of games I don't want

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think I'm going to have to buy the Indie story pack. I didn't even like the Recettear demo but god damn.

Also, Audiosurf at 2.50 is a no-brainer. I bought it at $9.99 and it was more than worth it.

shintoki said:
I hate this. I want Recettar, but it's the only one I want from the pack. Now I can either wait a day or two and see how much it is for the bundle. Or buy it now, with a bunch of games I don't want

It's probably pretty safe to say that Recettar won't go below $5.00 by itself any time soon.

Joe Molotov

Went ahead and bought Cities XL 2011, since the 25% off stacks with the previous 50% off for owning the original Cities XL (which I bought for like $3 when it was on sale) to make it 75% off.

That Indie Story pack is CRAZY, I already have all those games (phooey) but that is super crazy cheap for anyone that doesn't.

stuminus3

Isn't Audiosurf rumoured to be in another Indie bundle later in the sale? I'm sure I saw a list of all the packs somewhere but I can't find it now.

Either way, I see myself double dipping on a whole lot of indie games I already own, just to get a whole bunch more indie games.

lol @ K&L2 price.

markot

Banned
shintoki said:
The other games are good >.< not sure about the dog pirate one, but the others are all more then worth at least a try.

graywolf323

already have 3/5 games in that Indie Pack but I'll buy it just to get Puzzle Agent and And Yet It Moves for $5

tempting to double dip on Batman GOTY at $10 (already own the regular on Steam) and Kane & Lynch 2? is it worth $5?

Fireflu

O man i just realized that new indie pack has And Yet It Moves, if anyone wants to buy that pack but already has AYIM please PM me as ill buy it from you.

Its the only one i want in the pack.

Unicorn

thundr51 said:
Ok guys I've got at least 7 more copies of HL2 that I don't need. Just send me a PM with your email and you get one. Think of it as my gift to GAF.

HappyMerryChristmaHannakwaanza...
SUPER THANKS!!!

Nabs

They could have easily sold Recettear at $5, this pack is nuts. I'll also be getting K&L2 for a quick run of the single player and maybe co-op if anyone else on my list picks it up.

stuminus3 said:
Isn't Audiosurf rumoured to be in another Indie bundle later in the sale? I'm sure I saw a list of all the packs somewhere but I can't find it now.

Either way, I see myself double dipping on a whole lot of indie games I already own, just to get a whole bunch more indie games.

lol @ K&L2 price.

Yeah, a music pack with Beat Hazard, Rhythm Zone, Bit.Trip and Polynomial. I'd probably hold off for that pack. I own 3 of those games and I'm considering it for Poly & Bit.Trip alone.

Instro

stuminus3 said:

lol @ K&L2 price.

- Aliens vs Predator (2010) 6-pack
- Audiosurf 12-pack
- Braid 10-pack
- Counter-Strike: Source 6-pack
- Defense Grid: The Awakening 10-pack
- Empire: Total War 6-pack
- Freedom Force 10-pack
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 6-pack
- Just Cause 2 8-pack
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 10-pack
- Left 4 Dead 2 6-pack
- Mount & Blade: Warband 6-pack
- Nyxquest: Kindred Spirits 10-pack
- Osmos 12-pack
- Portal 6-pack
- Puzzle Quest 2 10-pack
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack
- Red Faction: Guerrilla 8-pack
- Splinter Cell: Conviction 6-pack
- Trine 8-pack
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising 8-pack
- World of Goo 12-pack

- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

It will be in the Pulse Pack. This list should be added to to OP.

TheExodu5

Banned
shintoki said:
WTF man. Recettear for only $5. How cheap can you be? That's an amazing pack.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Damn, that Indie Story pack was such a good deal I thought I had missed it and was scrambling to get it before the deals changed :lol Didn't realize it was brand new, I was trying to fix my wishlist.

For those having trouble with the wishlist, it's a lot easier to change the order in the steam client. In the webpage I wasn't able to drag/drop or anything but you can do that in the client.

webrunner

shintoki said:

It's funny how adding extra stuff to a pack can make it less attractive.

Imagine if the sale was just "75% off Recettear" - if you wanted the game you'd jump at it.

But now it seems like a waste because of all the other stuff.

graywolf323 said:
Kane & Lynch 2? is it worth $5?
The camera is really nauseating and although someone here claimed you can tone it down I haven't found an option for it using M&K. The story is meh and the action is quite boring I think - I may not finish it. Haven't touched the MP yet (dunno if it's still populated). So worth $5? Depends on your disposable income, might be worth it just for the novelty factor of the camera.

thy_

Fireflu said:
O man i just realized that new indie pack has And Yet It Moves, if anyone wants to buy that pack but already has AYIM please PM me as ill buy it from you.

Its the only one i want in the pack.

I think your are only able to gift Valve games if you already have them.

Bought Batman and the Indie Story pack and no have to fill my wishlist back up to 10.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, just bought that indie pack. I already owned AYIM, but 5 bucks was too good a deal for Puzzle Agent and Item Shop, and the others look cool as well.

EDIT: Saw the list. I'll be buying all of those indie bundles :lol Godamnit Steam
What was the indie pack yesterday again? I remember passing on it because I already owned like three of the titles.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I guess I can't pass on a $5 K&L2, right?

I still don't own Batman though. I'm not really in to caped rusaders.

LQX

Damn, just bought Matman for consoles TWICE because I got it for $15 then a few days later they had the GOTY edition for about the same price.

1-D_FTW

Nothing for me. I've got way too many games in my backlog to break the 10 dollar barrier. I'm a bad man. I'll wait for 75 percent on Batman. It's a good price if I were looking for a AAA game right now, but I'm not.

(._.)

Banned
Phife Dawg said:
The camera is really nauseating and although someone here claimed you can tone it down I haven't found an option for it using M&K. The story is meh and the action is quite boring I think - I may not finish it. Haven't touched the MP yet (dunno if it's still populated). So worth $5? Depends on your disposable income, might be worth it just for the novelty factor of the camera.
Yeah, I purchased it because I heard they did some cool things with the graphics and I've been wanting to see it maxed for a long time now.

stuminus3

DJ_Tet said:
For those having trouble with the wishlist, it's a lot easier to change the order in the steam client. In the webpage I wasn't able to drag/drop or anything but you can do that in the client.
You can drag/drop on the webpage, the problem is you're not actually logged in!

THIS info should be added to the OP. :lol

The reason for it is that the wishlist is actually part of the Steam "community". The store, community and forums all actually use different logins, the client just does the store/community for you automatically (with the same password) so people don't actually know it's separate.

Creating a wish list made me REALLY sad...

....I already own nearly everything I would ever want on Steam, 2 of my 5 are games I already own and beat on 360, but would like to play them in 3D.....

stuminus3

Baha said:
Picked up the Indie Story Pack, Kane & Lynch 2 & Defense Grid.
Snap! My exact purchases for today.

I have no intention of ever playing K&L2, and I never actually played the first one. Stupid Steam wins again!

Baha

stuminus3 said:
Snap!

I have no intention of ever playing K&L2, and I never actually played the first one. Stupid Steam wins again!

Well all it took was a person on my friends list to buy it for me to pick it up. Chances are there'll be enough ppl on my friends list for some multiplayer games.

Uffe

Strange pricing on K&L2 it is 7,5 euro... 5$ would be a good price and I would buy it but now I dont know.

Top Bottom