• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

Is this accurate? What indie pack did we already get?

I'd be interested in the Clever, Pulse, and Puzzle packs if this is true....

Dambrosi

Banned
*sees Indie Story Pack, including Recettear, on sale for less than £4*

07254e14-0052-4613-9f64-fce864a40c40_lord_of_the_rings_gollum.jpg

Oh yesssssss, my preccccciouuussssss. Tomorrow, you will be mine.

BigAT

Is the only difference in the GOTY edition of Batman: AA those 4 additional challenge maps? I already played the heck out of my friend's copy for 360, but it's still quite tempting to grab it again for just $10.

nekosaur

Steam you're killing me :(

Picked up Borderlands, Shank and Alpha Protocol yesterday. Definitely getting Arkham today, and contemplating both Indie Pack and DeathSpank..

Joe Molotov said:
Went ahead and bought Cities XL 2011, since the 25% off stacks with the previous 50% off for owning the original Cities XL (which I bought for like $3 when it was on sale) to make it 75% off.

That Indie Story pack is CRAZY, I already have all those games (phooey) but that is super crazy cheap for anyone that doesn't.

I am tempted to do the same but Cities XL 2010 hates my network setup and I couldnt without making all kinds of changes :(

Peff

Brettison said:

Energy pack (BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity, Galcon Fusion, Gridrunner Revolution, ProtoGalaxy, Quantz.) and today the Story pack. The other three are for the weekend, I assume.

Damn indie story pack is nuts, I already have gish and jolly rovers though, I guess if I buy it I won't be able to gift them right?

graywolf323

I think I'll pass on Batman since the GOTY only adds four challenge packs which I never really bothered with

am happy to keep the vanilla game

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Peff said:
Energy pack (BRAINPIPE: A Plunge to Unhumanity, Galcon Fusion, Gridrunner Revolution, ProtoGalaxy, Quantz.) and today the Story pack. The other three are for the weekend, I assume.
Eh, I kind of wish I'd gotten that in retrospect but no biggie.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Schmattakopf said:
No GAFfer is going to win.

Thinking the same. I mean there were probably a lot of people just creating accounts for this. I dont think the odds are with us, but eh. Who am I to complain *goes to reorder wishlist for still including Recettear*

Mrbob

Indie Pack is bananas. I was hoping for Recettear alone for 5 bucks. Get Puzzle Agent, And Yet it Moves, Gish, and another game for 5 dollars? Sold! Might be the best deal I've ever seen on steam as a total package. Amazing.

Nabs

Brettison said:

It's been on point so far. I'd say you're getting a steal with those three packs. The music one is one of the best deals I've seen on Steam.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Peff said:

There are 4 other Indie Packs. Energy Pack was not included in the list above.

- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

+ Missing Energy Pack

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Kane and lynch 2 for $5, sold! And the indie story pack too I guess.

It's 6am and I'm on my iPhone checking steam store. Curse these sales :(

Acosta

EVE Online: 5 Euros

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Have mercy on me Steam, Cataclysm is about to start I can't go back to Eve now :(

That and Deathspank are mighty tempting. And I'm curious about Cities XL 2011, I have not played a city building in a while, but the price is too far away of my comfort zone with four days of sales ahead.

Edit: mmm, it says "Monthly subscription fee required after first month. Product keys will not work with existing EVE Online accounts." Does that mean that I don't get one month in my account if I buy this?

Toma said:
Thinking the same. I mean there were probably a lot of people just creating accounts for this. I dont think the odds are with us, but eh. Who am I to complain *goes to reorder wishlist for still including Recettear*
I will bet you that they will only be choosing from people who bought something recently.

Jokey665

Reccettear for part of a $5 pack was about infinity times cheaper than I was expecting. Insta-buy. Also I was waiting for a sale for Defense Grid so that's perfect.

Looking at batman and deathspank. I know batman is supposed to be great; how does it play on PC? Would it play better with a controller and, if so, how does one get a Sixaxis to work on Windows 7?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ooooh Story pack contains Recettear. Been interested it that. The other games are just a bonus.

ArjanN said:
If you think several hundred thousand people will create a wishlist then it kind of already was a success for Valve...
You misunderstand my post. I am not claiming this is a failure for Valve. It will be a huge success, and probably make them a lot of money and show users a great new feature. This is all a given, an idiot could tell you that. I'm saying that Valve could have put up a better reward to thank people who are making use of it. Anyway nobody seems to understand my point because ITS FREE DAMNIT, except the time many people are spending- pouring over their top 5 and debating which games they really want and which games are likely to come up in the sale to maximise their potential savings.

vocab

Jokey665 said:
how does it play on PC? Would it play better with a controller and, if so, how does one get a Sixaxis to work on Windows 7?

Good PC port, and it plays fine with M+KB.

Jokey665 said:
Looking at batman and deathspank. I know batman is supposed to be great; how does it play on PC? Would it play better with a controller and, if so, how does one get a Sixaxis to work on Windows 7?

Batman is best played with a controller imo. Download the MotionJoy drivers (here) and be sure to enable the built in 360 controller emulation and your PS3 pad will work with both games "plug and play" with full auto configuration and button icons. The PC port is fantastic.

Kritz

Banned
I love sales like this, where I don't already have the games on sale. :D

Bought so far:

Alpha Protocol
Indie Story Pack
Deathspank
Kayne and Lynch 2

And I've also bought / gifted Super Meat Boy despite it not being on sale. :D

Almost pulled the trigger on Shank, but will wait for it to drop a little cheaper.

I wonder if any of these sales are being pulled from the wishlist stats? Probably not. But I wouldn't be surprised if the xmas sales will be.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alright y'all I'm done for the day. Keeping fingers crossed for DA:O Ultimate.

Raxus

Any chance the Dragon age DLC will be on sale. I already own the game I just want everything not already included with the game.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alright so I've never heard of the games in the indie pack, but if anyone is willing to sell me on the game I'll buy it. I know $5 bucks isn't much, but I'd rather know why I should be investing money in these then going in blind and never playing them.

wenis said:
Alright so I've never heard of the games in the indie pack, but if anyone is willing to sell me on the game I'll buy it. I know $5 bucks isn't much, but I'd rather know why I should be investing money in these then going in blind and never playing them.
Puzzle Agent is pretty much a Prof. Layton clone.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I already had And Yet It Moves (from the PWYW sale from a few days ago) and Gish (from the indie pack that was distributed ages ago as PWYW too, I think), but bought today's pack anyway 'cause I always had interest in Recettear.

Puzzle Agent is something I would like to check out eventually too, so it's a nice bonus.

joshwaan

Wow KNL 2 sold ! :)

Also anyone doing a Left for dead 2 pack? is it uncut version I'm from Australia love the uncut one.

Hixx

Just bought Batman for the... third time. I WILL complete it this time. I genuinely don't know why I haven't so far, I think it's a brilliant game.

SiliconBean said:
I picked up Alpha Protocol. It has to be worth 8 bucks.
Picked this up as well as KNL 2 and indie story pack. This sale is so Danny good. Im incredibly pumped to get back in town and load up Alpha Protocol. Love love love Steam sales.

Top Bottom