• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Baha

brain_stew said:
Yet another deal from Impulse that's not available in the UK. Smh.

Is the Ultimate Edition available in the UK? It doesn't seem to be available in the steam UK store front apparently.

Ledsen

Raxus said:
Any chance the Dragon age DLC will be on sale. I already own the game I just want everything not already included with the game.

The DLC isn't sold through Steam, you buy it in-game.

Dunlop

Fuck I got in late last night and totally forgot to pick up the Deus ex collection : (

..which I gues is ok as I have at least 6 games I havent touched from last year...ok no it's not

FUCK!!

Chrysalis

I'm always confused by the way Steam labels some of their indie game packs. Today's is called the story pack, but after playing through half of And Yet It Moves, I can't detect a scrap of anything that might pass as a story. ???

Pimpbaa

Man, so tempted to get Batman even tho I finished it twice on PS3. Want to check out the Physx stuff added to the game :lol

Dunlop said:
Fuck I got in late last night and totally forgot to pick up the Deus ex collection : (

..which I gues is ok as I have at least 6 games I havent touched from last year...ok no it's not

FUCK!!
It will probably go on sale again within a month.

Raxus said:
Any chance the Dragon age DLC will be on sale. I already own the game I just want everything not already included with the game.

Just wait until the ultimate edition gets massively discounted then. If you have a physical copy of origins, you can sell it since there's no DRM (which is what I did). The Bioware store is in charge of selling DLC separately and even if it's discounted, you can't actually purchase content separately since they use Bioware points.

Kritz

Banned
If I saw Dragon Age DLC discounted, I'd very likely buy it regardless of the possibility of a GOTY or Ultimate or whatever thing existing. But I remember hearing that Awakening wasn't anything special? Maybe that was something else, though. I'm not too up to date on DLC packs for games.

TheUsual

Gold Member
Raxus said:

Ultimate Edition is $25 on Impulse.

EDIT
My bad, already mentioned.

Baha said:
Is the Ultimate Edition available in the UK? It doesn't seem to be available in the steam UK store front apparently.

Yep, £25:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/

This is hardly a first, most interesting sales on Impulse tend to be blocked in the UK. What's worse is that they actually charge you in $USD despite advertising in £GBP, so I end up getting an extra ~£2 bank charge, as I'm sure many others will as well.

brain_stew said:
Yep, £25:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/47810/

This is hardly a first, most interesting sales on Impulse tend to be blocked in the UK. What's worse is that they actually charge you in $USD despite advertising in £GBP, so I end up getting an extra ~£2 bank charge, as I'm sure many others will as well.
Is that standard for Visa/banks now? I'm considering moving from Santander after I got this charge- I used to buy stuff in dollar all the time and never got charged.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
petethepanda said:
I'm hoping The Witcher is on sale at some point soon. I never played it.

Definitely crossing my fingers for this one. Been dying to play it, but haven't bothered to pick it up at $20 with the two sales here. That and I figured they might do a sale on it soon in general to drum up interest in the second game.

coopolon

Seriously thinking about that Kane and lynch 2. I guess I will have until tomorrow morning to make up my mind. Pc digital distribution deals are funny things, I agonize over $5 purchases and then pay $5 for parking without even thinking about it.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
coopolon said:
Seriously thinking about that Kane and lynch 2. I guess I will have until tomorrow morning to make up my mind. Pc digital distribution deals are funny things, I agonize over $5 purchases and then pay $5 for parking without even thinking about it.

Yah that's pretty weird.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
coopolon said:

It's a fun game that happens to be very short, which when you're paying $5 isn't a biggy.

Slavik81

Zerokku said:
Definitely crossing my fingers for this one. Been dying to play it, but haven't bothered to pick it up at $20 with the two sales here. That and I figured they might do a sale on it soon in general to drum up interest in the second game.
It was $13.50 during the Christmas sale last January. It'll probably hit $5 or $10 this year...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Raxus said:
Batman: AA is being a bitch. I think it may be a GFWL issue or a DRM. Anyone else having problems?
I thought of buying Batman AA, but since it has SecuROM, I have chosen to not buy it.

Fuck SecuROM.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
GaimeGuy said:
I thought of buying Batman AA, but since it has SecuROM, I have chosen to not buy it.

Fuck SecuROM.
It's forgivable because Activations are automatically refunded at the end of the month. Also, you are missing out on a fucking incredible game.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Stallion Free said:
It's forgivable because Activations are automatically refunded at the end of the month. Also, you are missing out on a fucking incredible game.
SecuROM's biggest problems have nothing to do with the activation limit (Although that sucks, too).

Salsa

reposting from the gift pack thread since i think some people havent realized it was moved to the community subforum.

We still have slots for these packs:

3 more left for AudioSurf

1 more left for DefenseGrid

Its 1.5usd each, lets do thisss

(._.)

Banned
ME ME $1.5 for Audio Surf

link me to the gift pack thread. this is ridiculous, I thought that thread was a rumor. Should all be going down in here.

Fredescu

UrbanRats said:
uhm, they also have both Still Life and Still Life 2, which i was interested in.. never bought from GG, how does it work? Similar to D2D or it has a complex client like steam?
Pretty simple. I've never used D2D, but there are no clients like Steam. Just download the installer and run it. You can back up the install files if you want, so you don't have to deal with the site again once you've purchased it. You can redownload the installer if you need to of course.

UrbanRats

Fredescu said:
Pretty simple. I've never used D2D, but there are no clients like Steam. Just download the installer and run it. You can back up the install files if you want, so you don't have to deal with the site again once you've purchased it. You can redownload the installer if you need to of course.
Ok then, thanks you. :)

Dreohboy

Slavik81 said:
It was $13.50 during the Christmas sale last January. It'll probably hit $5 or $10 this year...

Fingers crossed.

DAMN BLACK FRIDAY and I can't fall asleep. Gotta wake up at 4am.

Jintor

Anybody know who won the free games? Or how they're releasing that info?

The Steam details says only emails, which kinda blows for transparency...

Government-man said:
Bought Defense Grid, really worth the money so far, this game is super addicting. Only three hours left of the sale.

I wrote this in the other thread, but it's probably the best TD game ever created.

I think they've said they've made enough cash to make a sequel, but either way you will be hard pressed to find a better deal for $2.50.

Proc

bought the indie pack without hesitation. I wanted to check out "and yet it moves" for quite some time now.

Top Bottom