• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Burnout Paradise - $14.99
Dawn of War II: Gold - $13.60
Machinarium - $5.00
Tropico 3: Gold Edition - $7.50
Torchlight - $5.00
Empire: Total War - $14.99
ARMA II - $19.99
Blur - $14.99
Indie Clever Pack - $4.99

Freedom Force 10 pack - $7.49
Portal 6 pack - $14.99
Chaos Rising 8 pack - $39.99
Empire Total War 8 pack - $59.99

Decado

K.Jack said:
Well, I'm safe, for the next 24 hours.

DOW2: Chaos 8-pack is $5 a piece. Jump on it.
What IS that?

How long will DoW2 Gold stay @ $13.60? The last big sale on steam I tried madly to get my account working but never could, so while I'm willing to try again, I definitely need time...

Dambrosi

Banned
epmode said:
Everyone who doesn't own Machinarium within 24 hours should be autobanned.
Eff you, I don't like point-and-click games.

Nothing here for me either.

Actually, can anyone direct me to the gift pack planning thread? I wanna see if anyone still has a Deus Ex GOTY spare. Thanks.

spazzfish

Would be interested in being in a Dawn of War II Chaos Rising multi bundle, but I don't have pay pal. I'd be happy just to gift a game over steam to anyone who organises things if that's cool.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hmmmm.. Blur for 15 bucks?

Does it even have a online community? It seems that the game didn't sell all that much.

Archie said:
Burnout Paradise - $14.99
Dawn of War II: Gold - $13.60
Machinarium - $5.00

Tropico 3: Gold Edition - $7.50
Torchlight - $5.00
Empire: Total War - $14.99
ARMA II - $19.99
Blur - $14.99
Indie Clever Pack - $4.99

Freedom Force 10 pack - $7.49
Portal 6 pack - $14.99
Chaos Rising 8 pack - $39.99

Empire Total War 8 pack - $59.99

All 100% worth your money imo. Freedom Force for less than a buck is absurd.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Lasthope106 said:
Three days straight and I haven't bought a single game yet. I don't know whether I should be concerned or happy.

Same here. Summer sale had better deals, from my perspective. Nothing like the THQ or Valve complete packs, for example.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Tempted by Blur... kinda sucks not knowing if DA:O UE will be on sale...

Those big gift packs are too damn alluring. For 1/2 the price of the typical console game I can pick up a slew of games to hand out to people.

I picked up the L4D2 pack yesterday and handed one out at random. I think I'll pick up the Portal pack today.

And those Indie packs have been awesome every day. Bought 3 of the packs yesterday.

Are the games in the indie pack besides VVVVVV and World of Goo any good?

I have Goo on Wii, so the only game in there I really want is VVVVVV, which is $5 on its own anyway

ZZMitch

Definitely buying Mechinarium and the clever pack...

Got some tough decisions to make though :D
Thinking about-
Arma II
Blur
Burnout

I might wait on getting any racing games until I get my xbox 360 controller for christmas...

Is Arma II worth thw 20 bucks?

Stitch

Gold Member
aww man i was hoping for just cause. lame deals :(

most of the stuff today has a steam deal like... every two weeks lol

Absoludacrous said:
Are the games in the indie pack besides VVVVVV and World of Goo any good?

I have Goo on Wii, so the only game in there I really want is VVVVVV, which is $5 on its own anyway
Iron Grip: Warlord seemed pretty good from the demo, but it's an MP indie game, so who knows if there'll be anyone to play with in a couple days.

confused

Banned
ZZMitch said:
Definitely buying Mechinarium and the clever pack...

Got some tough decisions to make though :D
Thinking about-
Arma II
Blur
Burnout

I might wait on getting any racing games until I get my xbox 360 controller for christmas...

Is Arma II worth thw 20 bucks?

FWIW I got burnout for less than 4 in the last sale. hold out till Xmas and save a few bucks.

Freedom Force is awesome if you have any interest in-

a. The silver age of comics

b. Strategy games

c. Hilariously corny humor that is actually funny

d. Super hero RPG elements!

I bought it for like $2.50 last sale and have played it for 20 hours. Think about that entertainment per buck!

John said:
is Chaos Rising an expansion, or can i play it standalone? i don't own any other dow2 items.
Standalone expansion. It has its own SP campaign (better than the original game's), and you can play MP as the new race (but only as that new race) against owners of the original game.

Is there a problem with jumping straight onto Chaos Rising if I haven't played DoWII before? I'm under the impression that it is better than the original, but will I miss some story or will it be too hard if I haven't played before? I won't have time to play both anytime soon.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Freedom Force is awesome if you have any interest in-

a. The silver age of comics

b. Strategy games

c. Hilariously corny humor that is actually funny

d. Super hero RPG elements!

I bought it for like $2.50 last sale and have played it for 20 hours. Think about that entertainment per buck!

This. It's such a good game, doesn't get enough love.

John

slidewinder said:
Standalone expansion. It has its own SP campaign (better than the original game's), and you can play MP as the new race (but only as that new race) against owners of the original game.
cool, i'm in for a slot.

Bonfires Down said:
Is there a problem with jumping straight onto Chaos Rising if I haven't played DoWII before? I'm under the impression that it is better than the original, but will I miss some story or will it be too hard if I haven't played before? I won't have time to play both anytime soon.
No, not at all. The characters are carryovers from the base game, so I guess you'll miss their "background," but that's all just crazy over-the-top badassness that you'll catch up with soon enough if it even matters. It's a much better SP game, and it eases you into the mechanics just as well as the original does. Definitely go for the pack deal if you're at all interested.

Oh . . . one that is awesome this year is the Steam Wallet.

Instead of freaking out the credit card company with a slew of $5 & $10 little charges, I can just get a $100 wallet credit from the credit card and then buy stuff with that.

Top Bottom