• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Mr_Zombie said:
If you already own a game that is included in a pack, can you gift it to someone else?
Nope, and with very rare exceptions (Half Life Episodes for certain packs) it's never worked this way.

Really a shame this urban legend got so out of hand! I noticed they recently started having a disclaimer at checkout if you already own a game in the pack though, before you buy.

vocab

slidewinder said:
What makes these games so popular? Empire: TW is often near the Steam Top 10, and always pretty high up the top 100 list. Is the MP good, or are those thousands of people at any given time playing the SP? Mods maybe?

A lot of people play Multiplayer in Total War. Single player is pretty lengthy as well.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I bought the Indie Pack. It'll be nice to see where Dyson went with Eufloria, and now I'll have World of Goo on PC, and I'm interested in VVVVVV after playing the flash demo (which I could've sworn it was more than that?? Oh well I'll get to play more now if it was).

Mr_Zombie

giant_frying_pan said:
Nope, and with very rare exceptions (Half Life Episodes for certain packs) it's never worked this way.

Really a shame this urban legend got so out of hand! I noticed they recently started having a disclaimer at checkout if you already own a game in the pack though, before you buy.

Thanks, I've never bought a game pack on Steam before so I didn't know it. :/

vocab

rofl. You can see which games Valve gave out, and not one person had Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines on their wishlist.

Steeven

slidewinder said:
What makes these games so popular? Empire: TW is often near the Steam Top 10, and always pretty high up the top 100 list. Is the MP good, or are those thousands of people at any given time playing the SP? Mods maybe?

Can't be the singleplayer. The AI sucks and turns take forever even with a decent PC.

Sysgen said:
Online was hacked long time ago destroying an already anemic community. Not sure if Bizzare ever patched it. I enjoyed single player though.

Alright, I'll give it a shot then. I don't mind just playing single player. Cheers.

Stumpokapow said:
the menus are hideous, for sure!
Yeah, I remember playing the game when it first came out and I was pretty disappointed with the interface and the menus. The real meat of the game lies in the mechanics even if it's not five star quality.

It's still a good purchase though.

vocab said:
rofl. You can see which games Valve gave out, and not one person had Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines on their wishlist.
Even though Garry's Mod is among them!

To be fair, Vampire is probably in a lot of people's 6-10 spots (as it is in mine).

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Even if I'm only interested in two of the idie games in a pack or I own a couple of them already, they are still an incredible steal. Doc Clock and Eufloria are easily worth 5$ for me (already own Goo and VVVV).

Also grabbed Machinarium, hopefully the art translates nicely to my TV.

And holy shit my Indie category has over taken FPS now and I buy a shitload of shooters.

IrishNinja

once again, indie pack is a no-brainer. did i miss one on the sale's first day? i hope not.

Torchlight looks like a fun diablo rip, has it ever gone below $5?

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I swear to God this must be the 9th time I've bought World of Goo.

And I'm fucking proud of that.

btw iron grip warlord is an awesome fps tower defense game, definitely check that out from the indie bundle. don't see anyone mentioning it, but it's a really cool game.

slamskank

How is this online community in Arrowhead? I want to buy but Arma 2 seemed pretty dead months after release...

My list:
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Witcher 2
Red Orchestra 2
Portal 2
Darksiders

zoku88

Lostconfused said:
Got the indie pack for eufloria and machinarium. But I probably won't ever play either game.
That would be a crime, Machinarium was one of the better games of last year, methinks.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
How is Blur on the pc? Also how's the singleplayer portion of the game? I'm usually indifferent towards multiplayer if the singleplayer opponents are enough fun to play against

So tempted for Arrowhead, but after ARMA II....

Love Arma II... and I hate it. Such a great game that offers what I want in a shooter, but it also is such a buggy mess and runs like crap.

Got the indie pack and Machinarium. Eufloria and World of Goo look good, already played VVVVVV (awesome game). Never really played a point and click adventure game but I love the visuals of Machinarium so I'll give it a shot.

ArjanN

Stallion Free said:
Still my fav game of all time, play it once a year usually. I'd say he won.

Not really because he could have bought HL1 for like a dollar years ago, and put a much more expensive newer game in his top 5.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ArjanN said:
Not really because he could have bought HL1 for like a dollar years ago, and put a much more expensive newer game in his top 5.

5 good games for free > 5 currently expensive games with no quality guarantee for free

the currently expensive games will get cheaper later, but the good games will stay good forever. the five games i'd get for free are $19.99, $29.99, $24.99, $9.99, and $9.99.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Why would you do this to me Machinarium. Why the fuck couldn't your art be 1080p. Why the fuck couldn't you atleast fill my screen. Goddammit. I just feel depressed now.

Downscaled to 720 so as to not rape the page:

machinarium2010-11-2610z0a.jpg

:(

Rubezh

Stumpokapow said:
if you ignore price and think about actual value as a game, he's the luckiest guy of them all

Sure. Half-Life 1 is still one of my favourite games of all time and I wasn't trying to malign the quality of the game at all. What I was trying to say was that it was surprising to find a 12 year old game that's already been on sale for under a dollar take priority over other games that have been out more recently.

Volodja

Why is it that every time I start thinking "Well, today not much for me" but still end up spending more than the day before?
Maybe I shouldn't buy Buronout Paradise

...but it's cheap.

Stallion Free said:
Why would you do this to me Machinarium. Why the fuck couldn't your art be 1080p. Why the fuck couldn't you atleast fill my screen. Goddammit. I just feel depressed now.

Downscaled to 720 so as to not rape the page:

http://www.abload.de/img/machinarium2010-11-2610z0a.jpg/img]

:([/QUOTE]

Nooooo... doesn't it even stretch?

Top Bottom