• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

slidewinder said:
No, not at all. The characters are carryovers from the base game, so I guess you'll miss their "background," but that's all just crazy over-the-top badassness that you'll catch up with soon enough if it even matters. It's a much better SP game, and it eases you into the mechanics just as well as the original does. Definitely go for the pack deal if you're at all interested.

BuddhaRockstar said:
Freedom Force is awesome if you have any interest in-

a. The silver age of comics

b. Strategy games

c. Hilariously corny humor that is actually funny

d. Super hero RPG elements!

I bought it for like $2.50 last sale and have played it for 20 hours. Think about that entertainment per buck!
You actually made me check it's page and I'm interested now. I'm wondering if there are any packs being made as we speak.

AzerPhire

TheExodu5 said:
Arma 2 + Operation Arrowhead is only $22.50. That should be on the front page, not just Operation Arrowhead for $20.

Yes!

I almost bought Arrowhead for $20 and for $3 more I got the original. Was waiting patiently for this to go on sale and finally it comes!

Mr. Hyde

An Australian friend of mine asked me to buy them Blur for PC since it's more over there. Has anyone done that with someone? Do they just pay me through paypal?

Sanjay

Mr. Hyde said:
An Australian friend of mine asked me to buy them Blur for PC since it's more over there. Has anyone done that with someone? Do they just pay me through paypal?

Yeah paid via paypal gift and had some one gift me some steam games from America, no problems.

Fuck you Valve, just got ARMA II: OA and the British Special Forces add-on.

For those of you on the fence about getting ARMA II, the original and OA, this game is the spiritual successor to Operation Flashpoint. The user community is incredible for these games, there are a shit load of missions that have been created by them. I have had so many memorable moments playing ARMA II when playing co-op with others. Just be prepared though, this game rapes many beefy gaming machines.

Arggh, Torchlight keeps tempting me. Any chance it'll dip below $5 on the Christmas sale? There's too much stuff I want to buy for myself right now that I really shouldn't.

AcridMeat

Banned
Zombie James said:
Arggh, Torchlight keeps tempting me. Any chance it'll dip below $5 on the Christmas sale? There's too much stuff I want to buy for myself right now that I really shouldn't.

I'm 99% sure it will be a sale item over Christmas. It has to be the game that's been on sale the most since it has been out, a few times at $2.50.

It's a great game though well worth playing.

Salsa

Drkirby said:
VVVVVV With 3 extra games for free? Sold!

Yeah get the indie packs people, im think they're the only thing that is exclusive to this particular sale. Dont know if they'll be around for the christmas one.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Just bought Blur and severely temped by today's Indie pack, Machinarium and Tropico too.

Shaneus

Anybody interested in organising to get me Blur and Warhammer? I'm only saving a few dollars with WH but if I'm asking for Blur then I might as well do that too.

I'm awesome, will Paypal straight away etc.

PS. Have they been looking at my wishlist? Both Blur and Chaos Rising were in my top 5!:lol

vocab

chixdiggit said:
What other Strategy game is comparable to Empire Total War? Is it like Star Craft? Civ?

Total war is Total War. The Overview Map is like Civ, but most of the battles aren't like any of those.

stuminus3

Machinarium, Indie Pack, Tropico 3 today. ~$17 for another bunch of great games.

I really am starting to feel guilty about these indie packs. At least I already own some of the games on them.

I'm REALLY tempted to buy Blur again (I already own it on 360) but I promised myself I'd stop doing that after the last Halloween sale... I also got the Age of Wonders bundle on GOG today, so I should probably just keep telling myself enough is enough...

ICallItFutile said:
I never would have bought them else wise, so I don't. I only buy games on Steam when they're on sale.
I mostly do as well. Thing is, i would've been willing to pay the $5 for some of these games singularly. :lol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stop It said:
Just bought Blur and severely temped by today's Indie pack, Machinarium and Tropico too.

Best PnC since LucasArts lost their way. Every single aspect of the game's design is top-notch.

The game isn't worth the original asking price due to the brief length, but it's criminal to not pick it up on sale.

Raxus

AcridMeat said:
I'm 99% sure it will be a sale item over Christmas. It has to be the game that's been on sale the most since it has been out, a few times at $2.50.

It's a great game though well worth playing.
Everytime there is a sale Torchlight is guaranteed to go on sale every time. Most of the time it only dips to $5 (a very worthy price seeing as the game justifies its $20 price tag to me).

Atomski

ICallItFutile said:
With Indie Packs can you gift individual games?

EDIT: Can't, lame. I wanted to give my friend VVVVVV.

Yeah thought this was a bummer I wanted to give my sister World of Goo. :(

Spotless Mind said:
These indie packs are ridiculous. I feel kind of guilty for paying so little.
Yeah me too. So bought one for a friend and my daughter. And I've bought packs when I already have 2 or 3 of the games.

yonder

Man, I picked a great time to get a new mac capable of steam :) After paying £3.75 for Torchlight I feel kinda dirty. It can't be that cheap; there must child labour involved at some point.

edit: bought Machinarium too. Love ya, Steam.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gish kinda sucks. i mean, it looks nice, it sounds nice, the level designs seem good, but the controls make it THOROUGHLY unenjoyable. having played super meat boy, i thought gish was significantly more agile than he actually is! yikes!

Salsa

Stumpokapow said:
gish kinda sucks. i mean, it looks nice, it sounds nice, the level designs seem good, but the controls make it THOROUGHLY unenjoyable. having played super meat boy, i thought gish was significantly more agile than he actually is! yikes!

Yeah its a different beast. Once you get the hang of it is really good though, even if a bit slow-paced. I think the actual presentation is what hurts it the most. At least the interface.

£10 blur, nice to see the pc game get some reduced price treatment, the console versions have been edging towards £11 and under slowly this week.

Feel sorry for bizarre but I also like myself some cheap sale games :D

vocab said:
Total war is Total War. The Overview Map is like Civ, but most of the battles aren't like any of those.
What makes these games so popular? Empire: TW is often near the Steam Top 10, and always pretty high up the top 100 list. Is the MP good, or are those thousands of people at any given time playing the SP? Mods maybe?

Mr_Zombie

Just bought Machinarium, even thought I've already bought it before during the "name your price" sale :lol I just prefer the game being tied to my Steam account and ready to be downloaded whenever I want than being just an exe file lying somewhere on my HDD. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
SalsaShark said:
Yeah its a different beast. Once you get the hang of it is really good though, even if a bit slow-paced. I think the actual presentation is what hurts it the most. At least the interface.

the menus are hideous, for sure!

Fjolle

Atomski said:
Yeah thought this was a bummer I wanted to give my sister World of Goo. :(
I've bought world of goo 3 times now. Not that i've any friends to gift it to though :lol

Top Bottom