• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

LyR

Banned
damn you valve & co ... you make me poor ... again

bought Arma II Oa , Indie clever pack & torchlight

Indie Pack is once again mine.
Other than that though, the deals haven't been that interesting this time.
Hopefully tomorrow changes that.

Oh, and if anyone wants to add me to Steam, my user name is AceBandage.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I wonder what's in the NFS pack that was added to the registry. So far everything else that lovingsteam mentioned has turned out legit in regards to the crazy pack sizes.

So happy to finally get Machinarium. I've bought the indie pack every day of the sale so far. $5 for 5 games is just a ridiculous deal even if I already have a game in the pack. I need to be careful that I don't start a bunch of games without finishing any of them. :lol

Anyone keen on any of the remaining 4 Freedom Forces I have (at time of writing) gimme a PM here as well as posting in the organising thread to make sure I respond ASAP! (but please don't post in this thread!)

Instro

I swear Torchlight is always a daily deal during these Steam sales. :lol Grabbed Machinarium, that should be all for today. Indi bundle is tempting but I already own VVVVVV which is the best game there, worth the $5 for the bundle if you dont have it.

legend166 said:
How's Tropico?

Great if you like Sim/management style games. Think Sim City, but you have to try to stay in power as well by satisfying various factions, the US, the USSR and so on and so forth. You can stay in power by satisfying requirements or by having a huge army and just being a dictator.

trinest

APZonerunner said:
Great if you like Sim/management style games. Think Sim City, but you have to try to stay in power as well by satisfying various factions, the US, the USSR and so on and so forth. You can stay in power by satisfying requirements or by having a huge army and just being a dictator.
I'm going to try to be a dictator- making people disapear and stuff- its going to be fun!

vocab

legend166 said:
How's Tropico?

Very good. It's like Roller Coaster Tycoon, but with out roller coasters, and people busting your park benches. A lot of crazy shit happens, so I don't want to spoil it. The campaign is pretty solid, and provides quite a challenge. The Expansion has more variety in the campaign, and a bunch of new structures that adds a lot to the experience.

Bebpo

Banned
Blur online is a lot of fun. Worth the $15 I'd say. The community is very dead (~20-30 people total online), but you should be able to get in on 3-5 player races using the matchmaking. At least for a few days while this sale spurs some new players.

Runs pretty well too. Downpoints are no achievements steam or GFWL and you can't use your steam or GFWL friends list and there's no voice chat for online.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Want Chaos rising really bad but they put it in a pack : /

Would be nice if they had those same items alone for alittle higher.

I bit on Torchlight, been waiting for another $5 sale to pick it up. Indie bundle looks alright, but the only game I really want is World of Goo. My backlog is too huge for me to worry about it now. When I'm ready to play it, there will be another sale.

Salsa

HVIZG.jpg

already owned half of those :lol

including some non-steam versions

oh steam

Heel

You guys think Team Fortress 2 will be on sale? Just starting to get into PC gaming. I remember reading on here it was $5 or something crazy at one point but I missed it!

Salsa

sien916 said:
You guys think Team Fortress 2 will be on sale? Just starting to get into PC gaming. I remember reading on here it was $5 or something crazy at one point but I missed it!

its always on sale

youll probably have to wait till the christmas sales

Bebpo said:
Blur online is a lot of fun. Worth the $15 I'd say. The community is very dead (~20-30 people total online), but you should be able to get in on 3-5 player races using the matchmaking. At least for a few days while this sale spurs some new players.

Runs pretty well too. Downpoints are no achievements steam or GFWL and you can't use your steam or GFWL friends list and there's no voice chat for online.
How's the single player? I'd like to pick it up, but I probably won't get around to playing it until after the hype from this sale dies down, so I don't expect I'd get much of a shot at the multiplayer.

Heel

Thanks for the info I'll wait it out for TF2. Haven't played a PC game since Oregon Trail so have some catching up to do. :lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
sien916 said:
Thanks for the info I'll wait it out for TF2. Haven't played a PC game since Oregon Trail so have some catching up to do. :lol
o_O

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
sien916 said:

Well you have already played one of the best PC games ever. :lol

I already bought dawn of war for 20 and haven't even touched it. Never trust the weekly deals unless you are going to play them right away. Same thing with Jolly Rogers, bought it on talk like a pirate day and just rebought it yesterday on the indie pack :lol

sien916 said:
I got it for $2.49 last year.

Give it some time.

Maccas

I've bought every indie pack and Alpha Protocol. Those indie packs are great. The server load is so depressing though.

At xmas it took me three weeks to download anything and the same thing is happening now. I can't even activate my retail copy of Civ5 because the servers are too busy. I wish steam would make some allowances for the popularity of their sales.

Salsa

I cant fuckin stop playing audiosurf, its the perfect game to play while you wait for your other steam games to download :lol

MoFuzz

Mr_Guillotine said:
Is Freedom Fighters worth getting buying? Never even heard of it.
Freedom Fighters or Freedom Force? Both are actually good games, but couldn't be more different in actual gameplay.

Freedom Fighters isn't on Steam though.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
How much content does Blur have? I imagine the multiplayer is basically dead, or will only be temporarily revived, so is the single player meaty at all?

SalsaShark said:
I cant fuckin stop playing audiosurf, its the perfect game to play while you wait for your other steam games to download :lol
I raise you Plants vs Zombies.

I could play that game for hours.:lol

Firestorm

SalsaShark said:
It is the perfect game for 2AM when you just wanna zone out but don't feel like sleeping.

BobsRevenge said:
How much content does Blur have? I imagine the multiplayer is basically dead, or will only be temporarily revived, so is the single player meaty at all?
The game is all about multiplayer. The fact that it has no voice makes it a no go for me having played the beta at length. The fun of the game is using weapons on someone and laughing your way to victory. Can't speak for anyone else but seems stupid to me to not play it not on console.
But hey people paid 3 pounds for a single player poker game... what do I know.
Firestorm said:
It is the perfect game for 2AM when you just wanna zone out but don't feel like sleeping.
Or when you are too baked to manage anything but waving the mouse about. So intense when you're completely blazed and rocking with the wave.

Top Bottom