• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Should I get Blur or Burnout?

I'm thinking about getting one of them. I'm a sucker for good presentation (ie music, sound effects, voices are present where they need to be). Also, I've never played a Burnout (except once at a friend's house).

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Burnout only has good presentation when you go into the options and turn off everything except the crash cam. Otherwise it's a cluttered clusterfuck with a guy on the radio who refuses to shut up for longer than 15 seconds.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Here's what Blur looks like on PC and it runs at 60 fps for me. It looks insanely good on my Panny Plasma.

blur2010-11-2702-32-57qshj.jpg

vocab

Last time I tried Blur (when it first came out), I had some stuttering issues on max. Has there been a patch since then?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Holy shit VVVVVV is fucking fantastic. Especially the music. Glad my friend gifted today's indie pack to me to pay me back for gifting him TF2 a while back during the Halloween sale.

Salsa

Well i got Chaos Rising working alright. Was kind of a pain though, the game has a lot of performance issues here and there. They mentioned them on the new release notes so i guess they'll fix them on the next patch.

Zerokku said:
Holy shit VVVVVV is fucking fantastic. Especially the music. Glad my friend gifted today's indie pack to me to pay me back for gifting him TF2 a while back during the Halloween sale.

Man my thread failed, i wanted to make everyone play VVVVVV :(

:lol

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So how is Doc Clock anyways? Taking a quick look at it, I really have no interest in playing it whatsoever, luckily everything else in the pack looked great.

Bebpo

Banned
Stallion Free said:
Here's what Blur looks like on PC and it runs at 60 fps for me. It looks insanely good on my Panny Plasma.

Yeah Blur looks great and runs nice and smooth. The more I play of the SP the more I'm really enjoying the career mode. Bizarre just has a knack for making fun intense races that never feel too long and have enough variety to keep it exciting.

I'm enjoying both the SP & MP quite a bit. Just wish MP was actually alive since getting into a game is questionable. Still, very much worth the $15.

If enough people buy/bought it from steam we should have a gaf blur online race day where we have a private lobby for just gaf members and do 10 player races all day so everyone gets to have fun and level their multiplayer career.

Here's a pic I grabbed earlier while playing:

blur01.jpg

Zerokku said:
So how is Doc Clock anyways? Taking a quick look at it, I really have no interest in playing it whatsoever, luckily everything else in the pack looked great.

The reviews for everything that isn't vvvv & world of goo in that pack are pretty bad. 5/6s for all three of the other games and a few 3/10s for that Iron Grip one. If you buy the pack, get it for vvvvv or world of goo.

Instro

Zerokku said:

Yeah I bought it a while back, extremely good. Would recommend it to everyone.

Zerokku said:

It's pretty fun once you get the car, however when the car crashes and you have to pick everything up every 2 minutes it gets a little frustrating. Other than that it's a pretty good physics puzzle game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Vocab said:
Last time I tried Blur (when it first came out), I had some stuttering issues on max. Has there been a patch since then?
Smooth as butter for me. I never had any stuttering though.

Just played Iron Grip for an hour or so, game is FUCKING awesome. It was four of us in co-op and goddamn time flew by. I highly recommend giving it a try if you have some friends.

Edit - Dammit Nabs, you beat me.

Can I please get some love from an American (edit: Or a British person! Or anyone, really, s'long as it's cheaper...), in the form of a gifted copy of Blur? It ends up being over twice as expensive for us filthy Australians.

Sorry, I hate asking all the time. I blame publishers.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Damnit...I was going to skip over Blur to see if it drops lower at the end of the year but the way you guys are talking I think I might want to play now. :(

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jive Turkey said:
Damnit...I was going to skip over Blur to see if it drops lower at the end of the year but the way you guys are talking I think I might want to play now. :(
It's well worth a tenner. it looks great, plays pretty well and looks to have a bit of content in there.

4 of us in the GAF F1 2010 group have bought it with a view to playing online too, so hopefully even MP will be a blast.

Bebpo said:
I'm enjoying both the SP & MP quite a bit. Just wish MP was actually alive since getting into a game is questionable. Still, very much worth the $15.

If enough people buy/bought it from steam we should have a gaf blur online race day where we have a private lobby for just gaf members and do 10 player races all day so everyone gets to have fun and level their multiplayer career.

Here's a pic I grabbed earlier while playing:
I'd be up for that!

mandiller

Can someone in the UK gift me Blur? I have paypal all ready to go.

It's just that it's a lot more expensive in Australia. Just PM me if you can help. I'd appreciate it.

*edit* Thanks Wallach! Gifting done.

StarEye

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bought Blur, but I'm already deep into GT5. I bought it because I wanted to play with my new DFGT wheel and because it's evidently very good.

Lumine

d[-_-]b said:
Anyone have just Dawn of War II and needs just the expansion would be willing to purchase the gold pack and sell me the DoWII extra copy?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4502-TPJL-2656&l=english

Bought the expansion without seeing the deal for DoWII Gold Pack.
Bonfires Down said:
Oh, I would really like to buy DoWII for $5 or so too. d[-_-]b goes first of course though.

I want to buy chaos rising and already have DoW2. So let me know if we can work something out or else I'm putting myself on the list for the pack in the community forum.

Man, I'm not much of a "buy game X to support cause Y" type of guy. But I almost want to pickup Blur to take a stand for PC games that support splitscreen. So great of the devs to keep that included in the PC version. A few more companies start doing that and I can retire my 360 and go PC / handheld only.

Sadly $15 is a bit much to spend on a moral stance (I'm not really into racing games) especially when the two indie packs that I'm really interested in are yet to come. That pulse pack looks so good with Beat Trip and Audiosurf and I'm in for the pack with Shatter as well.

Drek

Lumine said:
I want to buy chaos rising and already have DoW2. So let me know if we can work something out or else I'm putting myself on the list for the pack in the community forum.
I have DoWII already and would also be up for this if anyone else is interested. I don't paypal so instead you could just gift me back with the new indie pack that will replace Clever in a few hours.

PM if interested.

*edit*
Found a match.

filipe

Think I might be the only one who hasn't bought anything. In part due to the lack of moneys, but I still find myself looking at the sale, thinking there might be that one item I can stretch my wallet for, lol.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Remember when I said I didn't like Racettear and bought the package for Puzzle Agent?

Goddamn, yesterday I spent way too much time playing Racettear instead of sleeping! The dungeon sections are awesome.

I have a feeling I wont be able to make payments rather quickly tho.

Shaneus

I'm surprised there are people debating over whether to jump in on Blur or not... it's only a few months old, looks fantastic and supposedly has decent multiplayer. Had it on 360, glad to own it forever on PC.

Downloading now, but anyone know what multiplayer it uses? I'm assuming GFWL but you never know.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Shaneus said:
I'm surprised there are people debating over whether to jump in on Blur or not... it's only a few months old, looks fantastic and supposedly has decent multiplayer. Had it on 360, glad to own it forever on PC.

Downloading now, but anyone know what multiplayer it uses? I'm assuming GFWL but you never know.
It uses an in-game system. You create a login specifically to Blur with your CD-key.

RyuHayate

I have some copies of Freedom Force to give away... but I'll be damned if I don't make you guys earn it!

RYUHAYATE'S VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE CH-CH-CHALLENGE

Which high profile game development studio intended to create a game where humans squared off against Godzilla-sized monsters?

Stuck? Hint: Xbox was the ideal platform for development.

First responder gets a code!

Damn, I'm getting some kind of bug playing Tropico 3. During the intro to the turorial or levels the menus looks fine and I hear the voiceover, but the actual map is just a splooge of fucked up polygons.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
RyuHayate said:
I have some copies of Freedom Force to give away... but I'll be damned if I don't make you guys earn it!

Which high profile game development studio intended to create a game where humans squared off against Godzilla-sized monsters?

Irrational!

John

RyuHayate said:

all of them

confused

Banned
RyuHayate said:

Epic games

I have a monitor question. Do many games support 1920x1080? I'm upgrading from 1680x1050 and just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself over, as most of the games I've played offer 1680x1050 as the highest option.

Akia

RyuHayate said:

Irrational? I never played Freedom Force before.

Also Bebop I'm down for some private Blur gaf races tonight.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Buttonbasher said:
I have a monitor question. Do many games support 1920x1080? I'm upgrading from 1680x1050 and just want to make sure I'm not screwing myself over, as most of the games I've played offer 1680x1050 as the highest option.
Games don't list options your monitor doesn't support. Yes, most games run at that rez. PC gaming, man.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
Buttonbasher said:
Yeah, also make sure your PC is good enough to run games at a higher resolution like that.

Top Bottom