• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ben2749 said:
I'm still pissed off that I missed the indie pack with Reccetear though. I don't even care much about the other games in it; I wanted it just for that.
You sir are in luck, Reccetear will be in a Multipack ether later today or monday. While it likely won't be as good of a value as the whole pack, you should be able to get the game from $3-$6.

ne1

1-D_FTW said:
What? Who won?
Armada did.
Edit: beaten.

Drkirby said:
You sir are in luck, Reccetear will be in a Multipack ether later today or monday. While it likely won't be as good of a value as the whole pack, you should be able to get the game from $3-$6.
There are actually rumors saying that it won't be. Can't find where I read it though, but apparently one of the devs is supposed to have said that they haven't been contacted by valve regarding such a sale and that next sale will be in december. But time will tell, I guess.

Sanjay

Nabs said:
Hey guys, um... install Iron Grip from the Clever Pack. Make sure you get a few people to play co-op. It's a Tower Defense, First Person... RTS... and it's badass. I have 4 people into it now (including myself), it would be awesome if we could get 8 sometime.

Thanks for the invite, sounds great.

Forkball

Today is the last new sales update, correct? I know it says the sale lasts until the 29th, but that refers to today's sale extending until noon of the 29th, right?

duckroll

Forkball said:
Today is the last new sales update, correct? I know it says the sale lasts until the 29th, but that refers to today's sale extending until noon of the 29th, right?

No. There should be another update on the 29th. There are two more Indie packs after all.

Forkball said:
C'mon man. Steam have nothing for sale on 'Cyber Monday'?

I guess you didn't you really think that one through.

Proc

I have the pulse pack just chilling in my cart...I can't seem to pull the trigger as easily as the other indie packs.

I guess its mainly because platformers interest me more than rhythm games.

I'm also kind of hoping there is something better to put my $5 toward today. Maybe something that costs >$10.

Nabs

Proc said:
I have the pulse pack just chilling in my cart...I can't seem to pull the trigger as easily as the other indie packs.

I'm also kind of hoping there is something better to put my $5 toward today. Maybe something that costs >$10.
do you own any of those games? buy that shit.

Sanjay said:
Thanks for the invite, sounds great.
you were asleep, mate.

Baha

gregor7777 said:
And you never will with that attitude, Mister.

Yeah, be like me. I made this my steam avatar on Thursday in anticipation:

tg2010.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
cw_sasuke said:
So how is NyxQuest ? Never played it on WiiWare.... ..

btw. anyone playing bit trip beat ? add me to your friendlist for high.score comparison... ( cw_sasuke)
Will add. Although so far, and I never thought I'd say this, I've found the Wiimote tilt more accurate then the mouse o_O

EDIT: Steam can't find cw_sasuke

Proc said:
I have pulse back just chilling in my cart...I can't seem to pull the trigger as easily as the other indie packs.

It's interesting. While they're all Rhythm games, they're all super diverse and different. Besides Rhythm Zone, they're far from the normal accepted genre pieces.

Bit.Trip fusing Pong/Breakout with Rez like stage progression.
Beat Hazard adapting a Twin Stick shooter's progression and flow to the tempo of your songs.
The Polynomial letting you float around inside a fractal, that pulsates with your tunes.
And Audiosurf blending a roller-coaster with quasi-tetris.

This pack just offers so many different kinds of experiences with the concession that they happen to revolve around music (Your music in 4/5). I'd say if you like music, it should be an easy purchase. Not telling you how to spend your money, as much as I'm trying to express how much fun I've been having with it.

stuminus3

The_Technomancer said:
Will add. Although so far, and I never thought I'd say this, I've found the Wiimote tilt more accurate then the mouse o_O
Bit.Trip Beat is by far better played with the Wii remote, it's designed to be like one of those old games that used paddles to control, which the Wii remote "emulates" very well. It's the reason I think it's odd that out of all the Bit.Trip games that have been ported, Gaijen chose the one game of the series that was actually build around the Wii remote.

The tilt controls on the iPhone version suck purely because it involves tilting the screen (which I've never liked), the touch controls are very good but of course you have to stick your thumb over the screen.

The PC version reminds me of when I got Arkanoid on my old Atari ST, perfectly playable/enjoyable with a mouse but it wasn't quite the real thing. Keyboard and controller options on Bit.Trip make me lol, but it's nice that the PC version at least offers them.

Still a glorious game though, I'm glad I can play a different version in different rooms of my house. :lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The_Technomancer said:

EDIT: Steam can't find cw_sasuke

Yeah, the game was made for Wiimote aka. Motion controls. But i see the PC version as a different expierence, playing it with a mouse is kinda nice.

My first achievment - EPIC FAIL :lol

Weird.... i will try to add you - same name as on gaf ?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
duckroll said:
People, we're IN Valve Time right now. This is a rare moment.
fullOfStars.jpg

cw_sasuke said:
Yeah, the game was made for Wiimote aka. Motion controls. But i see the PC version as a different expierence, playing it with a mouse is kinda nice.

My first achievment - EPIC FAIL :lol

Weird.... i will try to add you - same name as on gaf ?
Yeah, either the_technomancer or The Technomancer [GAF]

Top Bottom