• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, just happened to me as well. It emptied my cart...
I dont think the cart is empty its just seems like there is 2 of them :eek: i just clicked "cart" again and the purchases appeared.

Give it a bit till it calms down methinks

Asparagus

Mr Cola said:
Anyone getting through checkout smoothly? It keeps rotating me back to the sale homepage when i click "Purchase for myself" then when i click cart it says its empty :/
Same thing here, then it told me the purchase had been declined but when I checked my game library and email it was there and I'd received confirmation of purchase.

Stuff like this tends to happen when new deals appear.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Seems like you can still buy the Indie Pulse Pack... Which is hilarious because it's the same price as Bit.Trip.Beat

To those of you who call yourself "PC Gamers" and somehow don't already own Mount and Blade: Warband, this is your chance to repent for your sins. Try not to screw it up.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
How's Patrician IV? I've never tried the series, but it looks kind of like Dawn of Discovery which I love to bits.

For anyone asking about Half Life 2 without Half Life 1, I say most enthusiastically that you should go for it. I played HL2 and the episodes with no problem. I felt like I was missing some story and character development, but I read about it online, and when I finally got HL1 for $1.50 during the last sale, I loved it because it was more Half Life and great in its own way, but most of the characters I expected to meet in it were just generic character models with no real interaction. You miss very little by starting with HL2. Plus, Portal and TF2 are fantastic.

Sinatar said:
How's Patrician IV? I've never tried the series, but it looks kind of like Dawn of Discovery which I love to bits.
That is what I was thinking as well. It also reminds me of the boardgame Puerto Rico. No one owns it though it seems, I wonder if I should bite the bullet at $10.

UrbanRats

Ah, nothing at this round.
SC:Conviction is too much, even the pack and SF4.. meh, with SSF4 around, no thank you.
Nothing else that i either don't have already, or care about.

AndyMoogle said:
Is it worth getting the first game?

Not at all if you already have Warband. Warband = expanded upon singleplayer with multiplayer.

The only reason I could think of for wanting vanilla M&B is if you wanted to play a mod that was never updated to be compatible with Warband, or if for some reason you really liked the old singleplayer map.

Diomedeskun said:
Does anyone know anything about The Ball?

Yeah, it's kind of rad. I'd recommend it at $10, but I can kind of see why a few people wouldn't like it. If you're one of those people, you should get it anyway just to support Tripwire (though they're just the publisher).

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Kind of curious about the Patrician IV, but I dunno about $10 curious. Eh.

Guess I'll just pass. More sales in a month.

AceBandage said:
You can't buy anything and SteamPowered is acting up.
Give it an hour or two, guys.
qsk42g.gif

Smash88

Banned
I would like to get in on the JC2 pack, but the only way I can pay you back is through a gift of a game of equal or lesser value. At this date or a later date (i.e. Christmas Sale).

Minsc

Gold Member
Looks like today doesn't get to have it's own thread. Nothing really exceptional today, though I'll be thinking about Warband and Patrician IV.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Is anyone else having trouble actually purchasing games? I'm trying to buy The Ball, but it won't let me checkout.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Eaten By A Grue said:
Anyone own Patrician IV? The description sounds interesting.
Patrician 3 is excellent. I hear IV is easier, but still good. If you didn't pick up Tropico 3 a couple days back, Pat IV could be a good choice just to sort of fill that gap of sim games.

edit: Tidalis is a FANTASTIC puzzle game guys.

Buy it for Shatter alone. Seriously. Soundtrack of the generation possibly, and the gameplay and options are awesome and many.

BUY SHATTER in the Indie pack

Kabouter

Sinatar said:
Well, I loved Patrician II and III (III is actually Patrician II Gold, but renamed for non-German markets), but judging by the downright ugly screenshots and the fact that IV seems to lack multiplayer, the franchise may have taken a step back.

Dacvak said:
Is anyone else having trouble actually purchasing games? I'm trying to buy The Ball, but it won't let me checkout.

I'm having trouble just adding stuff to my cart at the moment. Give it an hour or so I guess.

Top Bottom