• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Ledsen said:
Indie Puzzle Pack up!

Cogs
Droplitz
Puzzle Dimension
Shatter
TIdalis

€4,49
Bought!

Does anyone know anything about weather The Ball would be worth 10 bucks? I'm very close to biting on it if anyone tells me that its good at all.

Still haven´t found anything interesting to buy during this sale. DRM has made me skip at leat three games, I already own Shatter on PS3, and have second thoughts about buying Patrician IV after readin the reviews.

Why doesn´t Spore or Dreamfall ever get a proper sale?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Steam is freaking the fuck out for me right now.

CecilRousso said:
Still haven´t found anything interesting to buy during this sale. DRM has made me skip at leat three games, I already own Shatter on PS3, and have second thoughts about buying Patrician IV after readin the reviews.

Shatter on PC has some exclusive stuff. Different modes, IIRC.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The_Technomancer said:
Bought!

Does anyone know anything about weather The Ball would be worth 10 bucks? I'm very close to biting on it if anyone tells me that its good at all.

There's a demo, give it a shot.

Ledsen

Stumpokapow said:
Then the discount percentage is inaccurate :p

It is listed as 75% off, but it's actually 81% off.

Both are 75% off in Europe.

Mount & Blade Warband - 5€
Mount & Blade Warband 6-pack - 30€ / 6 = 5€ each

KPunk

ughh, wtf is steam doing i tried buying the indie pack twice via paypal both times giving me errors. it seriously better not charge me twice, time to check paypal.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
CecilRousso said:

Who could possibly complain about Steam's DRM?

duckroll said:
How many % off is 10.20? Thanks.
For Street Fighter? 66%

Wallach

Stumpokapow said:
Then the discount percentage is inaccurate :p

It is listed as 75% off, but it's actually 81% off.

The default price of the game is $30 USD. 75% off makes it $7.50 on the nose. 81% is the discount price of each copy in the pack, but there's no discount percentage listed for the pack (since it is not normally available).

duckroll said:
How many % off is 10.20? Thanks.

66%

vazel

Banned
CecilRousso said:

I've been waiting for a sale on this game too. I remember last Christmas sale it didn't go on sale so if it doesn't go on sale this Christmas either I'll relent and just buy it at full price.

epmode

Dacvak said:
Who could possibly complain about Steam's DRM?
He's talking about 3rd party DRM on top of Steam's. And I'm with him there. I'd love to buy one or two Ubisoft games but there's no chance I'm grabbing them with the live internet connection requirement.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
The_Technomancer said:
Bought!

The Ball is a good game for $10. It is a puzzle game though, and requires a little patience to get your reward out of it. Honestly, you'd be set with the Indie Puzzle Pack though.

Nabs

Buttonbasher said:
Steam says I've played Street Fighter IV for 45 hours. Everyone should get it. Great game.

Keyboard Controls work well too. That's how I play. It's like an arcade stick, just with keys instead of buttons.

You gotta upgrade to an arcade stick eventually.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I could finally buy the Puzzle Pack :) Seems to work now.

Ifrit

I logs me out when I try to buy on the steam site (not using the steam client), first time buying from steam, anyone else having the same problem?

I'm not from the states btw

poweld

How is Shatter a puzzle game? :lol

Anyway, it is really great and you owe it to yourself to pick it up if you dig breakout or electronic music.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
KPunk said:
not for me!

Well the Indie Pack worked for me, but afterwards it died while I tried buying Warband. Seems to be hit and miss.

Proc

huzzuh, snuck in yesterday's pulse pack. didn't think the order would go through but it eventually did.

i've purchased all the indie packs this sale except the first one (was away from a pc and forgot about the sale).

wow i tried the demo for mount and blade and it really looks ugly.:lol Not saying looks are everything though, the gameplay wasn't for me either.

There is also a sale for Team Fortress 2 for $7.50. Seem there wont be a pack this weekend, so I might bite and get it.

EDIT: ah its part of the Orange Box package.

Volcynika

Got the Puzzle Pack, the Pulse Pack, and The Ball.

Finally went through after giving me a decline error, but they still emailed me saying the purchase was successful.

There is also a sale for Team Fortress 2 for $7.50. Seem there wont be a pack this weekend, so I might bite and get it.

Just get the Orange Box for $7.50 instead? Unless you have all the games, which means you still should get the OB, as you can gift some extra copies.

One final word on The Orange Box:

Every single game

Half Life 2
HL2 Episode 1
HL2 Episode 2
Portal
Team Fortress 2

Is a steal at $7.50 by itself.

If you are missing even one game, get it.

Think I may pass on the puzzle pack. I have Shatter already, and nothing else seems that impressive. The ball looks neat, but I can't find impressions. Warband is the only game I may get, but I already hit my $40 limit for the sale, and I am expecting to spend more around christmas.

Rur0ni

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Steam's freaking out, and it keeps saying my card was declined by my credit company. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't like it!
Had that happen once when I made 4 separate purchases in a 3 day span on Steam. Then bank called me checking in. Cleared it, but then just started using Steam Wallet. :)

Sye d'Burns

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
Steam's freaking out, and it keeps saying my card was declined by my credit company. Is this happening to anyone else? I don't like it!

The one time I managed to get to the credit information it did the same decline for me. Every other time I've been met by an empty cart. Steam loves me too much to take my money.

Edit: Well, love has its limits because my card was approved the second go round.

Volcynika said:
Got the Puzzle Pack, the Pulse Pack, and The Ball.

Finally went through after giving me a decline error, but they still emailed me saying the purchase was successful.

Just get the Orange Box for $7.50 instead? Unless you have all the games, which means you still should get the OB, as you can gift some extra copies.

Nabs said:
Buy the Orange Box, not TF2

Yea I was looking at my wishlist and it showed as 7.50, went to check the page and showed Orange Box 7.50. Yea Im buying Orange Box.:D

Top Bottom