• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

~Kinggi~

Banned
Steam is all fucked up for me. It says it cant add the item to my cart when i try, and then i get logged out, and i cant log back in cause it says incorrect login.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
~Kinggi~ said:
Steam is all fucked up for me. It says it cant add the item to my cart when i try, and then i get logged out, and i cant log back in cause it says incorrect login.
fucked for me too, hopefully they extend the sale, because i cant buy it until tommorrow now since im working

arts&crafts said:
wow i tried the demo for mount and blade and it really looks ugly.:lol Not saying looks are everything though, the gameplay wasn't for me either.
It is by no means beautiful and looks pretty decent with the highest settings and HDR enabled. I thought I read it was made by a Turkish couple so it is pretty amazing what they have accomplished.

Ifrit said:
Do I have to place funds on my steam wallet before I make the purchase or can I just buy the games directly?
You can just buy them directly. The Wallet was recently added for in-game (micro)transactions and such.

Nabs

Ifrit said:
Do I have to place funds on my steam wallet before I make the purchase or can I just buy the games directly?
you buy em directly. just give them a second, they are being hounded right now.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yay. My Warband sale finally went through. Enough for me today. Enjoy your new games guys!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ok

So i go to paypal to buy 2 games, suddenly it goes back to steam store saying "your credit card has been declined by your credit card company" which is odd because i have alot of funds and no issues with them. It then prompts me to purchase again if i think there was an error, so i do, but then it tells me you cannot buy these guys because you already own them and lo and behold i own the 2 games i wished to purchase without having purchased them :/ i neve rclicked the "authorise transaction" on paypal, i only got past my email verification.

what?

Edit: Checking paypal the funds have indeed been paid

I reiterate i explicity did not authorise the sale D:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
mikespit1200 said:
Is warband an expansion or a full game? Do I beed the original to play?

Full game, better than the first. Buy it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well after being hounded by my IRC group for not owning the Orange Box, Steam has finally let me buy it. Guess I have to change my wishlist again.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
UrbanRats said:
Does Splinter Cell PC have Splitscreen co-op?
No there isn't :(

Puzzle Dimension is the Puzzle Indie pack is easily worth 5$ alone, I highly recommend people getting the pack (all of you) try it out. Plays great on a 360 pad as well.

Also, I enjoyed The Ball demo so I can't resist the 10$ price.

Bought the puzzle pack for that ball game and the shooting one, i know my family will love these!

aaaaand that's it for me!

So far i spent 28.98$, there is about 20$ left for my 50$ limit, wonder if there will be some interesting stuff for the Christmas time.

arts&crafts said:
wow i tried the demo for mount and blade and it really looks ugly.:lol Not saying looks are everything though, the gameplay wasn't for me either.
Vanilla Mount and Blade is a little plain for my tastes too. Thankfully there is a huge mod community that has changed the game up significantly.

kamspy

Did I miss the Indie Pack with Shatter in it?!?!

Everyone on my friends list is playing it! WTF

nvm: It was added late. Bought!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn I really want to buy The Orange Box, but I already have Portal and TF2. Really feel bad for missing out on HL series though.

Mr Cola said:
ok

So i go to paypal to buy 2 games, suddenly it goes back to steam store saying "your credit card has been declined by your credit card company" which is odd because i have alot of funds and no issues with them. It then prompts me to purchase again if i think there was an error, so i do, but then it tells me you cannot buy these guys because you already own them and lo and behold i own the 2 games i wished to purchase without having purchased them :/ i neve rclicked the "authorise transaction" on paypal, i only got past my email verification.

what?

Edit: Checking paypal the funds have indeed been paid

I reiterate i explicity did not authorise the sale D:

Yeah, you actually bought them. that was happening to me.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
enzo_gt said:
Damn I really want to buy The Orange Box, but I already have Portal and TF2. Really feel bad for missing out on HL series though.
Knowing some of us paid 50$ for HL2, 20 for Ep 1 and 40 for the Orange Box should warm you over to it a little.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
enzo_gt said:
You should feel fucking awful. Also there is a good chance you can get the extra copies you get. But really? I mean it's how much for three of the best games ever released and you are still questioning because it comes with two more games that you already own?

GC|Simon

I probably won't buy anything today. I'm only interested in Splinter Cell but the price seems a little bit too high for me. And I bought Red Faction yesterday which seems to be huge content-wise. And I received the Wii version of Prince of Persia yesterday. And I don't have time to play all those games, ahhhh!

OMG!!! OMG!

Warband is 5 EURO! 5 F**KING EURO! You can buy a 6-pack for 30 euro!! what the f**K!!!

if you consider yourself a human being - no, if you consider yourself an organic entity you need this game.

you dont know what beauty is until you have assaulted a castle on a horse, up a ladder with 219 other people in gloriou deep online combat to the death. you dont know the thrill. the excitement. the utter badassness.

you will grow MAN HAIR out out of your MOUTH and EXIT CAVITY, when you have tried warband. it works on strong computers, it works on weak computers, but only true gamers can play this. the untrue gamers are forever damned to sit back and play wii music until they have had thousand years of agony in the deepest pits of hell, where only superman 64 waits to rape them, until the end of time, when time it self is no more, and nothing is left but the utter brick of depair from having not bought warband on this final day, during the steam sale. amen.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lyphen said:
Knowing some of us paid 50$ for HL2, 20 for Ep 1 and 40 for the Orange Box should warm you over to it a little.
I have actually dropped 120$ on the series as I bought HL2 on release, Ep. 1 on release and Orange Box on release.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay, I'm on record as a lover of World of Goo and I love to spread the love for this fantastic game. The next three people to quote me here (who don't own the WiiWare version please ;) ) I'll gift copies to.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Shit, Orange Box was 50 on release too? I was certain I got it for 39.99. Oh well. Primeval Warrior badge makes it all worth it, right?

Ifrit

It says that I won't be getting an extra copy of Portal, I'm probably doing something wrong, wasn't there an option to gift extra copies? I wanted to send it to a friend

I still haven't made the purchase

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Part of me would love to play splinter cell at $15 but i personally can't support Ubisoft with their DRM no matter the price.

3.1M users on steam. Guess they broke the 3m earlier than i personally expected. Go go

Instro

Ifrit said:
It says that I won't be getting an extra copy of Portal, I'm probably doing something wrong, wasn't there an option to gift extra copies? I wanted to send it to a friend

There normally is, but for some of these big packs on sale like the Orange Box or the indie packs they arnt allowing it.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ifrit said:

You only get gifted copies of HL2 and Ep1.

Smash88

Banned
Just putting this out here, if anyone bought the JC2 pack for themselves and their friends and have a left over copy, I will gladly gift you a game of equal or lesser value, or maybe a few dollars more. Just PM me.

Since no one in the gift pack organization thread is willing to. Thanks in advance.

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, I'm on record as a lover of World of Goo and I love to spread the love for this fantastic game. The next three people to quote me here (who don't own the WiiWare version please ;) ) I'll gift copies to.
I recommend world of goo too, great game, i have it on Wii already, but i don't mind a PC version ;]

Top Bottom