• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The_Technomancer said:
Okay, I'm on record as a lover of World of Goo and I love to spread the love for this fantastic game. The next three people to quote me here (who don't own the WiiWare version please ;) ) I'll gift copies to.
I'd love a copy, thanks. My girlfriend's mom loved it on her Wii, but I never really gave it a shot (because...well, I wasn't in a Wii mood and it'd be weird to sit in her bedroom and play).

Good timing on the Puzzle Pack too. After spending all yesterday afternoon staring into a strobe light courtesy of the Pulse Pack, I'm ready for some relaxing puzzles.:lol

Mrbob

Heard good things about The Ball. I think I'll pick it up!

Is there any reason to own Shatter again on PC if I bought and played it on PS3?

Bebpo

Banned
Vigilant Walrus said:
OMG!!! OMG!

Warband is 5 EURO! 5 F**KING EURO! You can buy a 6-pack for 30 euro!! what the f**K!!!

if you consider yourself a human being - no, if you consider yourself an organic entity you need this game.

you dont know what beauty is until you have assaulted a castle on a horse, up a ladder with 219 other people in gloriou deep online combat to the death. you dont know the thrill. the excitement. the utter badassness.

you will grow MAN HAIR out out of your MOUTH and EXIT CAVITY, when you have tried warband. it works on strong computers, it works on weak computers, but only true gamers can play this. the untrue gamers are forever damned to sit back and play wii music until they have had thousand years of agony in the deepest pits of hell, where only superman 64 waits to rape them, until the end of time, when time it self is no more, and nothing is left but the utter brick of depair from having not bought warband on this final day, during the steam sale. amen.

Is Warband better than the original M&B?

If you're only getting one, which should you get?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
so im about to start ep1, lets see if i can recall the ending of hl2 from when i played it 4 years ago....

g man said some bullshit....uh... time froze....... door to nowhere

ALRIGHT LETS DO DIS

Volcynika

Lyphen said:
I'd love a copy, thanks. My girlfriend's mom loved it on her Wii, but I never really gave it a shot (because...well, I wasn't in a Wii mood and it'd be weird to sit in her bedroom and play).

Joke potential VERY HIGH.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No one mentioned that there is now a 7,50€ Mount and Blade complete pack? (including 1 & 2)

7 pages of people freaking out because they can't give their money to Steam fast enough. :lol

qsk42g.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Volcynika said:
$10 for the US people. Though I think people should just get Warband by itself.

True. But just for... completeness sake? (Not even added in the OP yet)

Forkball

For some reason Mount and Blade Warband changed to Mount and Blade Complete (the original plus Warband) for $10. They also moved around the sales so Street Fighter IV is on top.

Oh Valve, you so crazy.

Nabs

Forkball said:
For some reason Mount and Blade Warband changed to Mount and Blade Complete (the original plus Warband) for $10. They also moved around the sales so Street Fighter IV is on top.

Oh Valve, you so crazy.
Valve trying to get us SSFIV <3

Wallach

Forkball said:

Oh Valve, you so crazy.

Yeah, although the original deals are still there too ($7.50 for just Warband and $35 for the Warband 6-pack).

Toma

Scotch said:
Seperate Mount and Blade: Warband is still €5 in Yurop

Probably also still listed for the same price in the US. Just not in the top list anymore.

Mjunter

The_Technomancer said:
Okay, I'm on record as a lover of World of Goo and I love to spread the love for this fantastic game. The next three people to quote me here (who don't own the WiiWare version please ;) ) I'll gift copies to.

Heard good things about that game. Would like to play it.

So I bought Patrician IV and Mount & Blade. Patrician sounds pretty cool, so hopefully it isn't some shitty game...Mount & Blade, well, I keep hearing great things about it and even though the demo I played was janky it has a certain charm to it. Is this the game where you can build forts and shit with your teammates or is that something else? I really hope a fair amount of GAFee's pick this up so we can get some battles going. I'm going to have to read up on this game and its modding community. Sooner or later there is going to be nothing left for me to buy!

I already own Portal. If I download Orange Box, I won't get a second copy. I heard that it's possible to get games as a gift and send them to yourself. If I do that, would I be able to then gift Portal to somebody else?

Ledsen

Vigilant Walrus said:
OMG!!! OMG!

Warband is 5 EURO! 5 F**KING EURO! You can buy a 6-pack for 30 euro!! what the f**K!!!

if you consider yourself a human being - no, if you consider yourself an organic entity you need this game.

you dont know what beauty is until you have assaulted a castle on a horse, up a ladder with 219 other people in gloriou deep online combat to the death. you dont know the thrill. the excitement. the utter badassness.

you will grow MAN HAIR out out of your MOUTH and EXIT CAVITY, when you have tried warband. it works on strong computers, it works on weak computers, but only true gamers can play this. the untrue gamers are forever damned to sit back and play wii music until they have had thousand years of agony in the deepest pits of hell, where only superman 64 waits to rape them, until the end of time, when time it self is no more, and nothing is left but the utter brick of depair from having not bought warband on this final day, during the steam sale. amen.

What if I wouldn't play it online at all? Still worth it?

Ben2749 said:
I already own Portal. If I download Orange Box, I won't get a second copy. I heard that it's possible to get games as a gift and send them to yourself. If I do that, would I be able to then gift Portal to somebody else?

You can only gift the entire pack, not single games from it, so no.

FrancisH

Has the Green Indie pack gone now? I had it in my cart about a hour or 2 ago and it wasn't checking out so I left it until now but now there is only the orange puzzle one?

I'm looking for the one that contained Audiosurf... or am I just being blind?

Spwn

FrancisH said:
Has the Green Indie pack gone now? I had it in my cart about a hour or 2 ago and it wasn't checking out so I left it until now but now there is only the orange puzzle one?

I'm looking for the one that contained Audiosurf... or am I just being blind?

You're not blind, you're late.

GWX

The_Technomancer said:

You still have one copy to spare? I would love it.

polynomial is too freaky. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. Just shoot the guys in the orange squares and fly through the things in blue circles?

Hinomura

speculawyer said:
7 pages of people freaking out because they can't give their money to Steam fast enough. :lol

qsk42g.gif
I was worried because I'm pissed off it's a dozen days PSN store isn't accepting adding funds to my wallet anymore! :lol

FrancisH

vocab said:
Why did you wait 24+ hours to decide to buy something you really wanted?

I only just logged onto Steam a few hours ago for the first time in days, I have been visiting family over the weekend.

I saw the pack, added it to cart which didn't work, assumed I had until midnight UK time to check out and that it was server problems after trying with different browsers and through the client so I decided to try again after my train journey and therefore missed it. So it was part my fault for assuming the deal change would be midnight, but I didn't try to specifically wait until the last second to purchase it.

Top Bottom