• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

vocab

I would buy Patrician IV if it had a campaign like DoD, but from what I'm reading it sounds like a tutorial in free play mode. That doesn't excite me one bit so I'm probably gonna pass.

I'll hold off on Warband till Christmas. I still can't believe there hasn't been one decent RPG on sale.

Ifrit

For people with doubts about extra copies with the orange box or other gamepacks:

How do I receive extra copies to share with friends?

Give and Get Thanksgiving Sale

Users who purchase a special daily 'Gift Pack' during the 'Give and Get' sale, November 24 - 29th, will be able to give away the extra copies of the games. If you already own the game in the Gift Pack, you will be able to give all copies of the games to friends.

If you don't already own the game in the Gift Pack, one copy will be registered to your account and you can give away the remaining copies.

Extra copies will only be issued as a special promotion in the following cases:

1. Users who own "Left 4 Dead" and then go on to purchase "Left 4 Dead + Left 4 Dead 2 Bundle" will receive an extra copy of "Left 4 Dead"
2. Users who own “Half-Life 2” and go on to purchase “The Orange Box” or the "Valve Complete Pack" will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2”.
3. Users who own “Half-Life 2: Episode One” and then go on to purchase the "Half-Life 2: Episode Pack”, “Valve Complete Pack” or “The Orange Box” will receive an extra copy of “Half-Life 2: Episode One”.
4. Users who own "Dawn of War II" and then go on to purchase "Dawn of War II Gold Edition" will receive an extra copy of "Dawn of War II"
5. Users who own "Titan Quest" and/or "Immortal Throne" and go on to pre-purchase "Darksiders" will receive an extra copy of "Titan Quest" and/or "Immortal Throne"
6. Users who purchase the available four packs for specific Steam titles will receive three extra copies of that title to gift to friends.

These special promotions will allow you to send a gift pass for your extra copy to a friend who does not already own the game.

Limitations

“Half-Life 2” and “Half-Life 2: Episode One” are only eligible to receive extra copies once.

For example, if you own “Half-Life 2” and/or ”Half-Life 2: Episode One” and receive extra copies for your purchase of “The Orange Box”, you will not receive additional extra copies if you then go on to purchase the “Valve Complete Pack”.

Do all duplicate purchases on Steam work this way?

No. This special offer only applies to games or game packages listed above.

Source

So yeah, if you already have Portal you will not get an extra copy with the Orange Box

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ifrit said:
5. Users who own "Titan Quest" and/or "Immortal Throne" and go on to pre-purchase "Darksiders" will receive an extra copy of "Titan Quest" and/or "Immortal Throne"

Limitations

“Half-Life 2” and “Half-Life 2: Episode One” are only eligible to receive extra copies once.

For example, if you own “Half-Life 2” and/or ”Half-Life 2: Episode One” and receive extra copies for your purchase of “The Orange Box”, you will not receive additional extra copies if you then go on to purchase the “Valve Complete Pack”.

So I guess this means the Valve Complete Pack and Darksiders are going to be on sale Monday?

IrishNinja

yeah, puzzle pack is done, i can't say no to these packs. @ orange box, thinking of double dipping ...
1) i'm in no hurry, presumably this'll be on sale around christmas too, right? $7.50 is excellent, just had to ask the obligatory shake your head at my cheapness question of if it gets lower, though if we're only talking a buck or two it's negligible oh god why did i ask this question
2) i've got L4D 1 & 2, and Half-Life 1, so for me, this would be pretty much all i'd want from valve's catalog, except for HL source (wish idve bought that one instead....), but looking at the Valve complete pack theres Deathmatch, Blue Shift, Lost Coast, few others, are any of them must haves? just trying to avoid any potential overlapping purchases with the horror of the holiday sale looming.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
IrishNinja said:
yeah, puzzle pack is done, i can't say no to these packs. @ orange box, thinking of double dipping ...
1) i'm in no hurry, presumably this'll be on sale around christmas too, right? $7.50 is excellent, just had to ask the obligatory shake your head at my cheapness question of if it gets lower, though if we're only talking a buck or two it's negligible oh god why did i ask this question
2) i've got L4D 1 & 2, and Half-Life 1, so for me, this would be pretty much all i'd want from valve's catalog, except for HL source (wish idve bought that one instead....), but looking at the Valve complete pack theres Deathmatch, Blue Shift, Lost Coast, few others, are any of them must haves? just trying to avoid any potential overlapping purchases with the horror of the holiday sale looming.
You skip Dearthmatch, Blue Shift, Loast Coast and the rest. Lost Coast in a 30 minute tech demo/game. DM sucks. Blue Shift is forgettable.

If Orange Box goes down, it'll just be by 2.50 to 5, I can't see it going lower. So if you think not having fun with GAF playing TF2 is worth that minute amount, then you have no soul and should wait and see.

Drek

IrishNinja said:
yeah, puzzle pack is done, i can't say no to these packs.
$5 for a handful of inventive indie games where at least one of each pack has been a known excellent title. How could anyone complain about that?

I'm making it a point to buy up all the indie packs as a matter of principle.

Bebpo

Banned
So just double-checking, there is no reason to buy the original Mount & Blade if you are getting Warband? It's only an extra $2.50 but why throw away $2.50 if it offers nothing superior. You can buy a McRib for $2.50.

IrishNinja

Lyphen said:
So if you think not having fun with GAF playing TF2 is worth that minute amount, then you have no soul and should wait and see.

:lol you always abuse me and make me spend more, GAF, but i cant quit you

Drek said:
$5 for a handful of inventive indie games where at least one of each pack has been a known excellent title. How could anyone complain about that?

I'm making it a point to buy up all the indie packs as a matter of principle.

seriously, i get that some dudes wanted the big AAA titles (gotta wait a few weeks WAAAAAHHH), but i had a few of these titles on my wishlist, sitting at $20, now they're $5 and coming with 3-4 other games?! what's the worst that could happen, you get something you didn't like with the bundle? let it be known: I can be an asshole, but not the kind've asshole that bitches about a free meal.

no lie, july 4th steam sale made me do a complete 180 on my DD stance.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Bebpo said:
So just double-checking, there is no reason to buy the original Mount & Blade if you are getting Warband? It's only an extra $2.50 but why throw away $2.50 if it offers nothing superior. You can buy a McRib for $2.50.

Get the McRib, there is no reason to own the base game.

First day I haven't bought anything. I already have the ones I'd want.

Shatter's well worth the price for the pack, for those who are interested. The other games in the pack are average, IMO, but Shatter easily makes the whole thing worth it.

Sinatar said:
Get the McRib, there is no reason to own the base game.

After reading this I question why I bought the Complete package. Oh well. You win some you lose some as the cliche saying tells.

I also want GAF to sell Technomancer on the game just so I can see some more opinions...

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
prodystopian said:
I was hoping Bit Trip Beat would go on sale alone, but I wish it had a demo.

I had the same thoughts yesterday, bought it today and it's awesome. Buy it!

Yasae

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
After reading this I question why I bought the Complete package. Oh well. You win some you lose some as the cliche saying tells.

I also want GAF to sell Technomancer on the game just so I can see some more opinions...
Absolutely not!

Blizzard

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Alright GAF, I'm close to biting on Mount and Blade, just because it seems to have a decent community around here. Sell me on the game.
Well I can't sell you on the game, but apparently there was some mod people were working on a while back. You can see the details here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378518

mbpolishedlandscapes01.jpg

mbpolishedlandscapes03.jpg

mbpolishedlandscapes13.jpg

Use at your own risk though, since it may require some effort to install, it may make save files incompatible, apparently it doens't work perfectly even on the original Mount and Blade, and I think the author may have stopped working on it. :p

Got home from work and I am disappointed with todays sales. Well actually I should be glad seeing as I don't have to spend money today :lol

So, should I play the original Mount & Blade before Warband ?
Also, is it possible to install this landscape mod on the steam version ? Any other useful mods ?

Volodja

LordPhoque said:
So, should I play the original Mount & Blade before Warband ?
Also, is it possible to install this landscape mod on the steam version ? Any other useful mods ?
No, Warband is all you need.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ifrit said:
For people with doubts about extra copies with the orange box or other gamepacks:

How do I receive extra copies to share with friends?

Give and Get Thanksgiving Sale

-snip-
Damn, so I won't get an extra copy of TF2 either I'm presuming. That sucks. HL2+EP1+EP2 is calling my name though. D:

Though really people, TF2 is worth a lot more than 7.50 alone for those on the fence.

alanias

lethial said:
On the fence with Warband. I love team play multiplayer games but I'm starting to get too many games.
\

I have sunk 36 hours into the single player of that game. Definitely in contention for my surprise GOTY. If you like wide open rpgs and huge battles you can't go wrong.

Llyranor

On the converse, I've sunk about 50 hrs into M&B Warband multiplayer alone, haven't touched the singleplayer :lol

If you are even remotely interested in medieval mounted combat or siege warfare - and I mean even remotely interested in the tiniest slightest bit - it is an absolute must-have.

IrishNinja said:

Buy Orange Box. The only SP game you will miss if you don't get the Valve pack is Half-Life: OpFor and its cheap.

wrowa

Bought Orange Box. Portal is the only game out of the 5 that I already own, so I guess I made a good deal. And yeah, please don't kill me for ignoring Half-Life 2 for so long.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
wrowa said:
Bought Orange Box. Portal is the only game out of the 5 that I already own, so I guess I made a good deal. And yeah, please don't kill me for ignoring Half-Life 2 for so long.
At least now you're on the good side.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
What's the difference between mount and blade and the warband expansion?
Warband has a improved "base" single-player over the original, better graphics, extra functions such as the ability to kick, improved order controls, and of course it has multiplayer. There are also a number of other subtle changes. Still i highly recommend owning both games over owning sorely warband. As the original still has a good amount of excellent mods that haven't been updated for warband yet.

Lafiel said:
Warband has a improved "base" single-player over the original, better graphics, extra functions such as the ability to kick, improved order controls, and of course it has multiplayer. There are also a number of other subtle changes. Still i highly recommend owning both games over owning sorely warband. As the original still has a good amount of excellent mods that haven't been updated for warband yet.

Different story or anything? I accidently did a pack thing it was for the complete collection like on front page but it's only warband.

Top Bottom