• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

anyone thinking that Battlefield Bad Company 2 goes on sale? I've seen it around $15 for a little while now, but I would like to pick it up through Steam rather than the EA store.

edit: doh, it's on sale for $19.99 right now :p

Fredescu

MikeE21286 said:
edit: doh, it's on sale for $19.99 right now :p
I think $20 is the regular price now. If you hold out until xmas you might be able to get it cheaper. On sale or not though, $20 is a great price for it.

Puzzle Pack bought! I already own 3 of them, but i've been holding out for deals on Puzzle Dimension and Tidalis.

Atomski said:
what if you own shatter? cogs any good?
If you don't like sliding puzzles, Cogs will make you want to slit your wrists. Otherwise, it's a fantastic twist on the formula. I've found it to be a great time waster. It gets very frustrating on the latter levels, but there's a nice sense of accomplishment when you solve them.

£5 for Just Cause 2 is a fantastic deal. Its a great and unique game and the PC port is damn near immaculate, and there's a bunch of mods that allow you to try out all sorts of crazy stuff.

Darkkn

I was waiting for SC: Conviction sale but -33% is really weak, i could still order it 7e cheaper from online and get the disc.

Mount & Blade is definitely a must buy for that price! I have had soo much fun playing Warband online :D

Fredescu said:
I think $20 is the regular price now. If you hold out until xmas you might be able to get it cheaper. On sale or not though, $20 is a great price for it.

Yeah, I'll hold out another day in hopes it drops. Any price I get it at I'm going to add $15 to it since I want to play Vietnam

derFeef

SuperÑ said:
Can i change the install directory for Steam games? I've run out of space in the partition Steam is installed!
Not the directory itself, but you can put the Whole Steam folder with all its games anywhere you want without the need for reinstall and stuff like that.

derFeef said:
Not the directory itself, but you can put the Whole Steam folder with all its games anywhere you want without the need for reinstall and stuff like that.

Nah, just make a directory junction for the steamapps folder.

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
derFeef said:

It'll take a while :lol But thank you very much!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Giantbomb's own Dave Snider bought a Warband 6 pack and gave out a key to the first 6 (paid) members of giantbomb that would reply to a thread on the forum.

I was one of those lucky fellas and now I too have warband. Schweet.

A friend of mine is saying that Steam is giving out wrong keys? I'd have to check into it when i download it.

RJT

There's an App for Steam junction management. Should be easy to Google it (I'm on an iPod, otherwise I'd do it)

Jintor

Tommorrow's the last day of the sale, so if you haven't got your Five Free games yet, it's time to break out those sacrifices to the dark gods of Steam

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Wait, what?

The key Steam gives out for Warband is a 5 sections with 5 character each, and the key the game expects me to input is a 4 section 4 character each one.

WTF?

I forgot World of Goo came with the other indie pack :lol Guess I'll kill some time with it. I'm kinda pissed I'll miss the next few sales though.

Shaneus

Jintor said:
Tommorrow's the last day of the sale, so if you haven't got your Five Free games yet, it's time to break out those sacrifices to the dark gods of Steam
So after this one there's one more? Thank fuck, my Paypal account has been getting slaughtered :(

I bought mount and blade along with the indie puzzle pack. Thank the gods for slow days like these. My wallet is taking a merciless beating.

I also decided to install VVVVV and I even bought the soundtrack. Amazing time for gaming..:D

Gave in and bought Warband after a lot of deliberation. I'm genuinely concerned at how much money I've spent on sale stuff ever since downloading Steam only a few days ago, considering it's going to be a long while before I have a computer capable of actually playing all these games. I'm going to see if Reccetear is in any kind of offer again tomorrow (I'm still pissed that I missed it last time), but then I think I might refrain from checking Steam again for at least a month or so.

I've heard people say that Steam is a drain on the wallet, but only now do I realise that it's not just a figure of speech. It's hard to pass up such incredible offers, but since there are so many of them, it adds up fast.

For those asking about the population of Warband, it usually has a Siege server that constantly has like ~100+ people playing at all times. The more people that are in the server the better, things are more epic.

Edit: I checked and I have no idea where this server I mentioned is. I think it is the 22nd Siege server or something like that, but it appears to be sparsely populated at the moment.

iammeiam

Ben2749 said:
I'm going to see if Reccetear is in any kind of offer again tomorrow (I'm still pissed that I missed it last time), but then I think I might refrain from checking Steam again for at least a month or so.

This plan would likely have unintentionally hilarious consequences--while there'll probably be a few deals here and there in the next few weeks, there's a good chance a month-ish-long hiatus would have you back to checking Steam in the middle of their winter sale.

The Black Friday week sale has nothing on the proper winter sale, IMO, for wallet devastation. On the bright side, if you can wait until then, there's no way Recettear won't be on sale again.

iammeiam said:
This plan would likely have unintentionally hilarious consequences--while there'll probably be a few deals here and there in the next few weeks, there's a good chance a month-ish-long hiatus would have you back to checking Steam in the middle of their winter sale.

The Black Friday week sale has nothing on the proper winter sale, IMO, for wallet devastation. On the bright side, if you can wait until then, there's no way Recettear won't be on sale again.

I know, but at least I can prepare myself. Since I only donwloaded Steam a few days ago, I never expected to be spending this kind of money. Hopefully by next month I'll have enough money set aside that I'll be able to go wild.

Volcynika

Ben2749 said:
I know, but at least I can prepare myself. Since I only donwloaded Steam a few days ago, I never expected to be spending this kind of money. Hopefully by next month I'll have enough money set aside that I'll be able to go wild.

One of us!

Jintor

speculawyer said:
Can you translate that?

Simply connect your amp modulator to the chkdsk function and reroute the power through your nasal cavity. You should then be able to jump to hyperspace in a relatively linear fashion.

I have no idea what he means either

I got a gift copy of HL2 and Episode 1 to give away. Let me know if your interested/ pm me your steam email address!

Edit: FYI (episode 1 is gone, still have hl2)

Top Bottom