• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I kind of feel bad for TouchMyBox, because he's always the one that has to answer that junction point question.

Stage On

I'm so divided over the Orange box.

Part of me says to buy it to see what all the fuss has been about but it's not my usual type of game and I might not have time for it anytime soon anyhow. I wonder if I should wait for the winter sale.

John

Stage On said:

Part of me says to buy it to see what all the fuss has been about but it's not my usual type of game and I might not have time for it anytime soon anyhow. I wonder if I should wait for the winter sale.
wht the fuck BUY IT! YOU CAN trust ME! It's a pRetty good game!

Stage On said:

Four of the five games in the Orange Box are awesome and you're paying a buck fifty for each of them. It really is pretty hard to go wrong.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Stage On said:

You should risk it.

Fredescu

Stage On said:

Part of me says to buy it to see what all the fuss has been about
Trust this part. He is the right part. That other part doesn't know what he's on about.

John said:
wht the fuck BUY IT! YOU CAN trust ME! It's a pRetty good game!

How about this. If it DOES go down in price for the holidays, I will give you the difference in another game on sale or send the money to you via paypal. Buy it and buy it now. Seriously. No, SERIOUSLY.

zlatko

Banned
Stage On said:

I just bought it myself. $7.50 for 3 awesome games plus expansion/DLC for one of them? One of those 3 HAS to be worth $7.50 to you...for me it will probably be Portal.

I am about to go through Portal once this is all done DLing. Stoked. :D

Stage On

Actually thinking about it a bit more thanks to you guys, I'm going to finally get around to installing and trying the Free copy of Portal I got earlier in the year when they where giving it out.

If I like enough that then I know I'll like the other games enough to make it worth it since they share similar mechanics. If not then I might be better off waiting to see if the Valve complete pack goes on sale down the line.

Too bad that if I do buy Orange box I won't be able to gift the extra copy of Portal to someone else who I know who would like it :(

I know it seems kind of strange to be so hesitant when it's so little money but things are a bit tight for me right now, especially since I'm not going to be getting nearly as many hours at my part time job in December as I was hoping for.

Stage On said:

Good thing you get multiple games :D

$7.50 is nothing to try it. Great price.

Stage On said:

Do it. I am not a big FPS fan, but these games transcend that and are just great, highly playable games.

Chris R

Only picked up two of the indie packs but I bet I'll be grabbing more once the sale proper starts in a week or two.

Still, can't beat 10 games for $10 (even if I know I hate one already :lol Other 3 I've tried so far are great).

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Stage On said:
I know it seems kind of strange to be so hesitant when it's so little money but things are a bit tight for me right now, especially since I'm not going to be getting nearly as many hours at my part time job in December as I was hoping for.
All the more reason! You won't need to buy any other games for yourself for awhile. HL2 and the episodes are 30+ hours, Portal is 5 or more if you're a leaderboard and challenge freak, TF2 is hundreds.

Mr_Zombie

Stage On said:
Too bad that if I do buy Orange box I won't be able to gift the extra copy of Portal to someone else who I know who would like it :(

Portal was for free for few days earlier this year. For free. I can't believe there are people who still doesn't own the game. :p

Stage On said:

Buy. The damn. Game.

IrishNinja

Sgt.Pepper said:
Holy crap, someone gift me The Orange Box. :lol

I think I'll finally play Episode 2. I'm prepared.

this is really awesome, by the way. congrats.

i literally joined steam this summer, and had one friend gift me plain sight, another Deus ex GOTY, and then 2 Gaffers gave me portal and Nyx Quest (thanks again speculawyer!). really am thinking of buying a pack around the christmas holidays to spread the love, it's such a cool thing logon and find a gift there.

gonna go check to see which indie pack we've got left for tomorrow, maybe i can finally say no to one of em:lol

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Stage On said:

If you at least kind of like the FPS genre then you owe it to yourself to give these games a try. The only two possible reasons not to buy the Orange Box would be if you hated first person shooters or you just absolutely can't afford the $7.50.

snack said:
Does anyone here have an extra HL2 EP1 and EP2 to gift? I could gift back some game to you in return. Thanks.
BrassMonkey1010 had copies to HL2 and Ep1 to gift. Don't know if he parted with them yet and he made no mention of Ep2. (Post #2000)

Anyone who doesn't own The Orange Box by this point in time should be tarred and feathered, then strung up by their underwear to be an example for those who would dare ignore such awesomeness at such an insane price.

Heel

Firestorm said:
how do people not have the orange box

Only really had access to a computer at school growing up. Was content being a console gamer until recently. Minecraft got me going, of all things.

sien916 said:
Only really had access to a computer at school growing up. Was content being a console gamer until recently. Minecraft got me going, of all things.
Welcome to the master race, your elitist snob handbook is in the mail!

Mairu

Not a steam sale but figured I'd ask here anyways; Metro 2033 is on sale on Amazon for 12.69

Haven't played the game, is it worth it for that price?

confused

Banned
Mairu said:
Not a steam sale but figured I'd ask here anyways; Metro 2033 is on sale on Amazon for 12.69

Isn't it a steamworks title anyway ? If you have a good rig, go for it. Lovely atmosphere in the game

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Mairu said:

Go for it. Don't need a zomg awesome PC for it either. Mine sucks and I still ran it okay, it still looked amazing.

Fun, atmospheric game.

confused

Banned
GuiltybyAssociation said:
Go for it. Don't need a zomg awesome PC for it either. Mine sucks and I still ran it okay, it still looked amazing.

Fun, atmospheric game.

The PC that can run this fully maxed with DX11 features and PhysX is yet to be invented. If you lower the settings you'll be fine

Mairu

Is it actually a good game though? Everyone raves about the graphics but I haven't seen anything about the actual gameplay :lol

Top Bottom