• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Forkball

How many times is KotOR going to go on sale? Does it have to reach a certain number of sales before we finally get KotOR II on Steam?

webrunner

Indie Air Pack ( altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Graututious Space Battles, Plain Sight) - 4.99
Mafia 2 = 39.49 (that's... not a great deal?)
Beat Hazard - 2.50
Peggle Deluxe - 4.99
Monkey Island 2 SE - 2.50
Dirt 2 - 5
Metro 2033 - 10
KOTOR - 250
AVP - 6.80

WOGoo 12 for 19.99 (says #pre-holiday_2010_wordofgoo_pack on the page, heh)
Lead and Ogld 10 for 19.99
Trine 8 for 19.99
AVP 29.99 for 6

rhfb said:
Only picked up two of the indie packs but I bet I'll be grabbing more once the sale proper starts in a week or two.

Still, can't beat 10 games for $10 (even if I know I hate one already :lol Other 3 I've tried so far are great).

Is there a list somewhere where they tell what will be in the indie packs in the coming weeks? I bought one and now I'm all outta money (right when the orange box became available too) :'(

I think i might donate some blood or something lol

Fireflu

coopolon said:
Wow, they are ruthless. Putting up a gift pack of World of Goo day after putting World of Goo on sale. Jesus.

Im just glad they didnt put up the half life episodes in a pack!, bought the orange box yesterday JUST for episode 2 :p (dont regret it!)

stuminus3

Hmm... only the Indie air pack for me, even though it's by far the least interesting pack to me so far. I'll grab it anyway.

Some good deals there, but I already own everything else available except for Mafia II. That can't be a good sign. :lol

Mafia II isn't much of a deal. I think I'll wait a bit more on that one.

Forkball said:
How many times is KotOR going to go on sale? Does it have to reach a certain number of sales before we finally get KotOR II on Steam?
I've been thinking the same thing. Even though kotorII is not as good I would still like steam to put it on the store.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Monkey Island is the only thing I want. I wish KOTOR 2 would show up on Steam, or any DD service for that manner.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
vocab said:
Hey, at least the combat is better than Cryostasis. Half the time you are fighting against the frame rate, instead of the actual enemies. Once you get the PPshushhhhhh the game goes into 10-18 fps mode.
:lol :lol :lol

So true. Even on my 5850 I was getting lots of fps issues. The game hates AMD.

But Cryostasis kept you moving and the game had a great tension to it. Any enemy could fuck you up if you weren't careful, and the health mechanics put a forward momentum on it all. The story was also oddly involving because it almost made sense, and I kept wanting to get some new pieces to try to get it to fit altogether. By the end it sort of made sense, and then it fucking blows your mind.

With Metro there is less forward momentum. The story sucks, the characters don't have any development and are incredibly unimportant, and the combat is basically obnoxious. It's like a mildly improved STALKER molded into a COD game that takes away almost all the good things about STALKER.

Top Bottom