• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Minsc said:
Yup, KOTOR definitely works correctly for me under Windows 7 (after some small tweak, I think disabling v-sync and turning off desktop composition), runs at like 500fps or something :lol
I roll with the widescreen hack (works perfect on the Steam version and can still be started through Steam), d3doverrrider for triple buffering/v-sync, and now that I have a 460 instead of a 5850, sparse-grid super-sampling.

Amneisac

dark_chris said:
How is Metro? I am thinking of picking it up..

I bought the 360 version at launch and really kind of hated it. The combat against the rat monsters is atrocious and all the NPCs look and sound the same. That said, I just re-bought it at $10 to have it on PC.

Sanjay

Stallion Free said:
Man, I'm just buying a fucking 6-pack of AvP for my buddies. So if you are my buddy and you see this, don't go buy it.

Real buddies would already have the game, cuz we sik yo!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Decado said:
This (when I get home)

Need to get that gadget that makes the 360 gamepad work with the PC.
They only sell the Wireless receivers packed in with a controller instead of standalone like they used to.

Emitan

Stallion Free said:
I roll with the widescreen hack (works perfect on the Steam version and can still be started through Steam), d3doverrrider for triple buffering/v-sync, and now that I have a 460 instead of a 5850, sparse-grid super-sampling.
Is there a fix for increasing the resolution making the menus look stupid? I have a 1920x1200 monitor, but the menu becomes surrounded by a foot of useless space.

Smash88

Banned
SilverLunar said:
hmm nothing grabs my attention this time, not sure about the Air Pack, anything special in it??

Plain Sight and Altitude are great games IMO.

Altitude is like a COD (with prestige) 2d fighter plane game, pretty fun, and with enough people there will be a lot more people online. Prior to the sale the servers were not too bad you could find 5-6 full servers and a few half-full.

Plain Sight is really great, and weird, you are a little guy that kills guys and builds up points, (change in trail colour) when you think the time is right you blow yourself up and collect the points and you get a nice multiplier if you catch anyone in your suicide explosion. There are also perks you get in the server specifically and a set of perks outside of the game that carry over to any server. Something like COD.

The other games I don't know about, but those two are probably my favourites.

Emitan

Stallion Free said:
They only sell the Wireless receivers packed in with a controller instead of standalone like they used to.
Amazon always comes through

EDIT: Plain Sight is like if Super Mario Galaxy had a deathmatch mode. You have to learn to use gravity to your advantage. It's a really unique experience and worth the $5 alone. And so is Altitude.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Billychu said:
Is there a fix for increasing the resolution making the menus look stupid? I have a 1920x1200 monitor, but the menu becomes surrounded by a foot of useless space.
Nope. But that is a small issue compared to playing in 4:3 stretched. The menu didn't even scale in higher resolutions in 4:3 either though...

JoeBoy101

Dice said:
Last day and no Dragon Age. I should have grabbed Blur when I had the chance.
Now the real question: Do I want to bother playing KOTOR? Hmmmm...

Its KOTOR, it still plays good and can look decent. Buy it. If only to immortalize the greatest gaming twist.

stuminus3

Stallion Free said:
KotOR is an OpenGL game, d3doverrider doesn't do anything with it.

Mairu

Of course Metro 2033 goes on sale on steam hours after I end up buying it on Amazon :lol

Oh well, at least it's only 2$ cheaper

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think I'll pick up the Air Pack, It has Gratuitous Space Battles. I've also heard great things about Follita and Altitude

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Bought the Air pack even though I'm Mac only. $5 for Altitude and Gratuitous Space Battles is still a very nice deal, and I'm holding out hope for a Mac port of Flotilla (don't care so much about Plain Sight or DogFighter). Heck I would have spent $5 just for GSB.

I've bought two of these indie packs even though I could only play two of the five games. :lol If I had a PC and could have played all 5, I would have bought every single indie pack. They've all been GREAT deals.

Salaadin

Stallion Free said:
You sure? Maybe I was using in game then. Been a couple months.

ATI cards have a triple buffering check box for Open GL in the CCC. Im pretty sure Nvidia does too. Maybe thats what you were using.

Dear GAF, buy Dirt 2 and use some light mods I made to make your game look like this:

2vb7toz.png

9vjv2p.png

That is all.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
stuminus3 said:
I was sure until you questioned it. I'm still mostly sure. :lol
Haha, I'm gonna reinstall it when I get home, recently overhauled my rig. Sparse-grid super-sampling doesn't work on open-gl so what am I going to do. I feel so lost. (ATI super-sampling did work fine on the game).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
2.50$? I couldn't resist. Now I need to get it working on Win7 64. I hope it won't end up not playable like Jade Empire.

Smash88 said:
Plain Sight and Altitude are great games IMO.

Altitude is like a COD (with prestige) 2d fighter plane game, pretty fun, and with enough people there will be a lot more people online. Prior to the sale the servers were not too bad you could find 5-6 full servers and a few half-full.

Plain Sight is really great, and weird, you are a little guy that kills guys and builds up points, (change in trail colour) when you think the time is right you blow yourself up and collect the points and you get a nice multiplier if you catch anyone in your suicide explosion. There are also perks you get in the server specifically and a set of perks outside of the game that carry over to any server. Something like COD.

The other games I don't know about, but those two are probably my favourites.
thanks for the replay.

I checked some of the videos for all the games, but none of them really was that interesting to me besides DogFight, which none here recommended it.

Nothing for me this time Steam.

Is Monkey Island 2 easier than the first one? I quit that one early because there was a route that I never would have guessed without a guide. I don't like adventure games that I need a guide to solve every puzzle.

MDSLKTR

Buy avsp people, most underrated fps of the year. It looks good, plays good and sounds good. And if you are a fan of the movies, it's pure sex.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
SilverLunar said:
thanks for the replay.

I checked some of the videos for all the games, but none of them really was that interesting to me besides DogFight, which none here recommended it.

Nothing for me this time Steam.

GSB is really unique & great, if you dig the "planning" portion of strategy games. I'll be the first to admit that it isn't for everyone, but if it IS something someone enjoys, they're likely to lose dozens of hours to it.

Basically, players don't control anything during the battle itself - the battles are 100% passive. But they have an INCREDIBLE amount of "pre-battle" control. Players determine the placement of their ships, they outfit the ships themselves (with faster engines, better guns, stronger hulls, etc), and they can determine their fleet's AI & tactics, such as when to retreat, which enemies to attack, etc.

It's very satisfying to come up with a devastatingly effective fleet setup. Something like a bunch of weak but powerful fighters supported by a tank capital ship, or whatever.

Lumine

Hmm.. I've seen metro's screenshots, the game looks technically great, but it also looks like a very straightforward shooter that I might just want to hold out on for now. How good is it really?

suplex

Final total

Sam and Max - $10.50
Puzzle Quest 2 - $3.50
Indie Story Pack - $5
Indie Clever Pack - $5
Machinarium - $5
GTA Episodes - $7.50
Indie Pulse Pack - $5
Just Cause 2 - $7.50
AvP - $5

$54 total. Not too bad I guess, although it probably would have been worse if I didn't own some of the games already. Still contemplating getting Metro 2033 as well.

atomsk

Party Pooper
ended up buying 2 indie packs and Dirt 2

i wonder how many i'll actually play before the holiday sale starts :lol

John

Lumine said:
Hmm.. I've seen metro's screenshots, the game looks technically great, but it also looks like a very straightforward shooter that I might just want to hold out on for now. How good is it really?
it's ok. very straightforward, a couple of memorable moments. i stopped when
the rolling exploding meatballs
popped up.

Red

Happy with all my indie pack purchases, but man Flotilla sucks. It's the only title out of all the ones I tried that I just cannot stand :lol

Some of those indie titles are fantastic, though. Recettear, Plain Sight, everything in the pulse pack... really great deals this time around.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Crunched said:
Happy with all my indie pack purchases, but man Flotilla sucks. It's the only title out of all the ones I tried that I just cannot stand :lol

Some of those indie titles are fantastic, though. Recettear, Plain Sight, everything in the pulse pack... really great deals this time around.

Yea I bought Flotilla back when it first came out, all excited over it since it had that Homeworld look to it. Terrible game. It's like someone decided to remake Strange Adventures in Infinite Space and suck all the fun right out of it.

Top Bottom