• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam - The Give & Get Sale (Nov 24-29 2010) - Make a Wishlist, might win 5 games!

arotator

Neo Member
I was going to gift Left For Dead 2 to a friend, but he ended up buying it yesterday before I gave it to him.

Anyone want to trade? I'd certainly take Dirt 2 for it.

Steam has been amazing this year even if you take into account the repeat buys that I couldn't gift(the bolded). I got so many quirky indie games that I don't even know where to start. My finger is also hovering over the button for Super meat boy.

Total:
11/25/10
Gridrunner revolution
Brainpipe: A plunge to unhumanity
Quantz
Galcon Fusion
ProtoGalaxy
Deus Ex: Invisible war

11/26/10
Freedom force
Left 4 Dead 2
World of Goo
Iron grip: Warlord
Eufloria
Doc Clock: The toasted sandwich of time
VVVVVVV
Gish
And yet it moves
Puzzle agent
Jolly rover
Reccetear: An item shop's tale
Deus Ex: Game of the year edition

11/27/10
Audiosurf
Rhythm zone
Beat hazard
BIT.TRIP.BEAT
The Polynomial
Lara Croft and the guardian of light
King's bounty: Armored princess
King's bounty: The Legend
King's bounty: Crossworlds
NyxQuest

11/28/10
Shatter
Droplitz
Cogs
Tidalis
Puzzle Dimension
Mount and Blade
Mount and Blade: Warband

Today hopefully
Lead and Gold pack
Indie Air pack
Monkey Island™ 2 Special Edition: LeChuck’s Revenge™

All for $81.87 if I put everything in properly and I include the fee for the lead and gold pack I have yet to buy.

Goddamn

Inkwell

Banned
Bought Metro. Only other game I ended up getting was Lara Croft, so I think I did well. I was hoping for Darksiders to go on sale, but I guess I'll have to wait until Christmas for that.

Hylian7

SolarPowered said:
Steam has been amazing this year even if you take into account the repeat buys that I couldn't gift(the bolded). I got so many quirky indie games that I don't even know where to start. My finger is also hovering over the button for Super meat boy.

List removed to make post shorter

All for $81.87 if I put everything in properly and I include the fee for the lead and gold pack I have yet to buy.

Goddamn
I just broke 100 games recently. I now own 113 games thanks to this sale.

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/hylian7

thinking it over, i might want to get a racing game, i don't have one in my library, what is the best cheapest choice? will there be better deals during christmas??

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Kotor refuses to run on my W7 64 bit. Sometimes it loads the menu screen but I can't click on menus and hear no sound.

I tried mss32.dll fix, tried vertex-something-in-ini fix, tried running it with XP compatibility and tried to run it as administrator. It still doesnt' work.

Cant seem to buy Metro, gives me an error message on the payment screen.

Edit - I see it seems to be a paypal thing, I'll pay by card later then. If I can be bothered.

1-D_FTW

SilverLunar said:
thinking it over, i might want to get a racing game, i don't have one in my library, what is the best cheapest choice? will there be better deals during christmas??

See that game on sale for 5 dollars? Something called Dirt 2? Buy it. If you have a PC that can run it, it's fantastic.

Salacious Crumb

So AvP is $13.60 on the AU store, but Metro 2033 is only $7.50. So if someone from the US wants metro 2033 send me a PM and you can pay me back by gifting me AvP. So you get Metro for only $6.80!

BARGAIN.

Is there anything particularly amazing in the Indie Air Pack? Nothing jumps out at me, which I'm actually pleased about, as I've spent too much money as it is. And since I already have other means of playing the other games that interest me (Monkey Island 2, Peggle, and KoTOR), I won't have to spend any money at all today if I'm not missing out on much with the Indie Air Pack.

Anyone want to trade the Indie Air Pack for the following:

Bioshock 1

EDIT: just bioshock, HL CD key already used

and

Retail Half Life CD Key with the following: Half Life 1, Counter Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Half Life: Uplink which can be activated on Steam

Quixzlizx

I'm thinking of the Indie Air Pack, but I already own Flotilla, and Gratuitous Space Battles is the only other game I've heard of from that list.

MNC

I don't get why they wouldn't put both monkey islands as a sale, as a pack or whatever. Starting with part 2 isn't really good.

vocab

gregor7777 said:
Anyone want to trade the Indie Air Pack for the following:

Bioshock 1

and

Retail Half Life CD Key with the following: Half Life 1, Counter Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Half Life: Uplink which can be activated on Steam

Do you want the indie air pack for a half life cd key? I might be interested.

vocab said:
Do you want the indie air pack for a half life cd key? I might be interested.

Sure, I was going to give both but if you just want the CD key I'm fine with that.

If you want to do it, I'll trust you and send you the key first. It's a really old CD so I want to make sure it works before you gift me the game.

Cool?

vocab

gregor7777 said:
Sure, I was going to give both but if you just want the CD key I'm fine with that.

If you want to do it, I'll trust you and send you the key first. It's a really old CD so I want to make sure it works before you gift me the game.

Cool?

Alright. Pm me.

1-D_FTW said:
See that game on sale for 5 dollars? Something called Dirt 2? Buy it. If you have a PC that can run it, it's fantastic.
I saw it already :lol my new PC will have i5 processor / 1G video card /4G ram, i hope it will be enough.

i think ill pull if it is good enough.

Nabs

SilverLunar said:
I saw it already :lol my new PC will have i5 processor / 1G video card /4G ram, i hope it will be enough.

It'll eat it for dinner. Buy now.

Total games bought from the sale:

Indie energy pack
Indie pulse pack
Indie air pack

Deus Ex Goty edition

Defense grid: The Awakening

Machinarium

King's bounty: The Legend
King's bounty: Armored Princess
King's bounty: Crossworlds

Star Wars: Kotor

Great sale overall.

SilverLunar said:

More than enough, DiRT 2 is optimized well. Great game too.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
MrMister said:
So did anyone on GAF win the wishlist contest deal? (Where you get your top 5 wishlist games free)
Armada did. He won:

The Witcher 2
Mass Effect 2
Darksiders
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
Sid Meier's Civilization V

SilverLunar said:

It will be enough, easily. I run it with 2 Ghz Dual Core, 2GB Ram and 512 MB.

shagg_187 said:
I don't have windows 7 (well I do but don't want to reinstall everything. XP FTL). How well is metro 2033 compatible with windows XP?

You just won't be able to run some of the DirectX 11 shit. But it still looks good and you will more than likely have a better framerate.

Nabs

vocab said:
First one to quote this post gets to either choose to get a free copy of KOTOR or Monkey Island 2.

QUICK
bam... late!

anywho, i have 109 games. yikes. i counted myself, since 136 seemed ridiculous. Sheesh. I just started buying games last christmas sale!

Top Bottom