• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I likely won't be on a PC for a while since, well, Christmas and all, so I went ahead and decided to pick up Anno 2070 Deluxe. I know the DRM isn't great, but I never ran into issues with it on HOMM VI. And, like HOMM VI, the discount wasn't great, but these games are major time sinks, so it's still a pretty good value proposition.

Plus, it looks gorgeous.

The_Monk

First person to quote this will get a Scribblenauts Unlimited key.

I know it's way to late but wow, very kind of you sir. This is a great present.

I would like to know this:

My nephew is 7 years old. English is not my main language, I wonder if I can play together with him this game. I ask him in my language and then I type. That way he can play a game and learn english.

Can that be a good way to help him learn english while having fun? I have this great idea to play with him but was wondering that...

Remember, he's 7 years old.

Thanks in advance for answering fellow GAFfers.

BiggNife

I disagree. I would rather them go to people in this thread, than others. We are all, actively searching for deals, not only for ourselves, but the people in this thread. We have given advice to each other, and been generous with gifts.

I'm not saying people shouldn't give away games, I'm just saying this thread moves at a lightning pace, and it's hard to keep track of discussions when ten people in a row quote a post in an attempt to get a game.

Just my opinion, though.

demidar

Okay, I'm gonna give away Civilization 5 now. Base game only, no expansion. Quote this post and I'll write your name on a piece of paper and draw it out of a bowl or something (I don't have a hat). Will close in 25-ish minutes.

8 minutes remaining. Maybe I'll round it up to 10.

10 minutes remaining.

DagsJT

My nephew is 7 years old. English is not my main language, I wonder if I can play together with him this game. I ask him in my language and then I type. That way he can play a game and learn english.

Can that be a good way to help him learn english while having fun? I have this great idea to play with him but was wondering that...

That's an amazing idea, hope you get the game and give that method a try.

Petrie

Banned
Apparently simply inviting RPG_Fanatic to the Neogaf group warrants sweet gifts in FTL and HMH.

Thank you very much, even if it pains me to see a Gaffer buying a game that isn't a daily yet!

Will pay it forward a bit later, haven't decided if my current gifts are going in here or the Bingo thread!

O.DOGG

FRIENDLY XMAS-EVE-DAY REMINDER:

If you grab Critter Crunch during the Steam Winter Sale for $1.75, shoot me a PM and I'll pass you a code for second copy.

tumblr_mfefyc8HSB1s0714io1_500.gif

Happy holidays folks!

So ummm... is it good?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I'm not saying people shouldn't give away games, I'm just saying this thread moves at a lightning pace, and it's hard to keep track of discussions when ten people in a row quote a post in an attempt to get a game.

Just my opinion, though.

No, I understand you aren't saying anything in regards of the gifting giving. My point is, I would rather give them away here, to the people who are helping me in landing better deals, than someone in another thread, who happened to wandered into it.

Its all good though. :)

Petrie

Banned
No, I understand you aren't saying anything in regards of the gifting giving. My point is, I would rather give them away here, to the people who are helping me in landing better deals, than someone in another thread, who happened to wandered into it.

Its all good though. :)

I can definitely see both sides, but agree keeping the gift giving in here where everyone is helping each other gets the best deals makes more sense than the Free Stuff thread full of lurkers.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Okay, I'm gonna give away Civilization 5 now. Base game only, no expansion. Quote this post and I'll write your name on a piece of paper and draw it out of a bowl or something (I don't have a hat). Will close in 25-ish minutes.

This would be as another gift for a friend so I would gladly accept :)

And good on your generosity.

Sianos

Have there been any contests yet? Those are always fun to compete in, drawing, writing about, or just doing silly tasks.

I'll be doing some giveaways/contests myself later this week.

The_Monk

That's an amazing idea, hope you get the game and give that method a try.

Thanks for answering kind sir.

Anyone care to give an opinion on my idea please?

Thing here is if you think he will enjoy the game, for what you know about him and the game itself. His age is perfect to learn languages, no worries for that.

demidar

5 minutes left. Last chance to get in!

maty

Ok guys, is gifting time. I have the following games to give away.

Killing Floor (steam gift)
Binding of Isaac + expansion (gift)
Binding of Isaac + expansion (key)
THQ Bundle (key)

Quote with the game you'd like and in the case of the first 2 I'll need your steam id

Also feel free to add me :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/matyb

The_Monk

Thing here is if you think he will enjoy the game, for what you know about him and the game itself. His age is perfect to learn languages, no worries for that.

Thanks for answering. I'm almost sure it will the art desing seemed perfect and there's no violence from what I saw. He already counts from 1 to 10 in english and I've been trying to teach a few more words.

(Yeah, I try to be a good uncle)

THQ Bundle (key)

Quote with the game you'd like and in the case of the first 2 I'll need your steam id

Killing floor please?

THQ Bundle (key)

Quote with the game you'd like and in the case of the first 2 I'll need you steam id

By key(for the THQ bundle) you mean individual keys from games within the bundle, right? I still don't have SR3...

Edit: Beaten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom