• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That is NOT my style! I am not a cheater! lol

Alright. Who wants Saints Row The Third Total Package?

Best knock knock joke I've never heard in the next 10 mins or so takes it.

Knock Knock
Who's There?
Boo
Boo Who?
Boo who? Why are you crying?

McNum

I'm going to ask a question that I'm pretty sure hasn't been asked in a Steam thread.

Are the the Sims 3 expansions and Stuff Packs redeemable on Origin?

I don't have the Steam version of Sims 3, but if I could use a serial from Steam in Origin, it should just plug right into my current Sims 3 installation. I know Origin accepted both ME2 and the Dragon Age games, so I'm wondering...

I'm going to ask a question that I'm pretty sure hasn't been asked in a Steam thread.

Are the the Sims 3 expansions and Stuff Packs redeemable on Origin?

I don't have the Steam version of Sims 3, but if I could use a serial from Steam in Origin, it should just plug right into my current Sims 3 installation. I know Origin accepted both ME2 and the Dragon Age games, so I'm wondering...

Steam usually doesn't let you buy DLC without owning the base game, but depending on how it views expansion packs, you might have different results.

I want to duke and I m trying to make a pic
566709B1-AAF7-4784-B9EE-512986F6C254-12700-00000CDBB7505270.jpg

You guys never cease to amaze me.

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Honey bee.
Honey bee who?
Honey bee a dear and gift me a steam code!

lulz

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Cash.
Cash who?
No thanks, but I would like a peanut instead!

feel

How does steam handle refunds? I got dead island and its a POS..as in audio crackle and crashing. I can't do anything to get the game to load my save.

My PC is

i7 3770k
8gb ram
gtx670

so I don't think its my PC.
Time to upgrade to a 690.

MRORANGE

Competition over!

If you've won of these games send me a pm with your steam ID and I will send the game to you.

- Gunstar Heros
- Wizorb
- Dead Pixels
- Bad Rats
- Chime

Winners:

I'll try!
ibsuaQskJMThzP.png

I tried my hardest to make it real bad.

playwithmyballs.jpg

I don't know if I can enter for two or not, but I really want gunstar heroes:

Gunstar Heroes (main entry):
xCLJU.jpg

PaulLFC

Has anyone played Worms Revolution and has any opinions on it? It's £4.20 at GMG, the "season pass" DLC is the same price but I don't know if that's needed or not.

Bah, I bought McPixel on the last day of the Thanksgiving sale.

My $0.90!

Didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would after watching the GB Quick Look anyway.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Once again, I really dislike this new system. Games which are Dailies, getting flash sales, getting community vote sales.

DTKT

I hope that the deals are bad because Valve had no time to talk to publishers because they are all working of Half-Life 3 and the Steambox.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
How does steam handle refunds? I got dead island and its a POS..as in audio crackle and crashing. I can't do anything to get the game to load my save.

My PC is

i7 3770k
8gb ram
gtx670

so I don't think its my PC.

I've never attempted a refund myself, but it's not entirely unheard-of. Contact Steam support.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DO A CHARGEBACK ON YOUR CREDIT CARD

I REPEAT

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DO A CHARGEBACK ON YOUR CREDIT CARD

I am still waiting for The Secret World and FTL to go on sale then I can rest easy.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting GW2 yesterday on Amazon.

Koroviev

I am still waiting for The Secret World and FTL to go on sale then I can rest easy.

I'm still kicking myself for not getting GW2 yesterday on Amazon.

I'm still undecided on getting FTL. I like roguelikes, but I've heard that it becomes too much of a hassle to win in the end.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
So what's been everyone's favourite pickup from the sales this year so far? I've managed to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

Dead Island has been my biggest surprise. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (from the Steam bundle) is sucking all of my gaming time up though. I was/am so sick of the RTS genre, I never thought I'd play another one. I don't know if it's just the Warhammer universe or otherwise that's triggered it but I'm completely hooked. It's generating a Civ 4 level of addiction happening here. Such a great game.

Big-E

Can't believe the repeats already. Valve dropped the ball this year by a lot. The last summer and this winter sale have not been as good as the previous ones in pretty much every way. Bring back the meta games and more variety. No excuse to have these flash sales repeat as dailies and dailies repeat as flash sales all the fucking time.

Megasoum

Banned
Not really sale related but anybody know since when Sir Meier's Railroads is not available on Steam? I'm sure it was there before but I can't find it anymore.

Sucks, I could really go for a game like that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom