• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I've never attempted a refund myself, but it's not entirely unheard-of. Contact Steam support.

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DO A CHARGEBACK ON YOUR CREDIT CARD

I REPEAT

DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, DO A CHARGEBACK ON YOUR CREDIT CARD

Not that I was going to try, I'm just curious, what would happen?

x3r0123

So what's been everyone's favourite pickup from the sales this year so far? I've managed to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

Dead Island has been my biggest surprise. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (from the Steam bundle) is sucking all of my gaming time up though. I was/am so sick of the RTS genre, I never thought I'd play another one. I don't know if it's just the Warhammer universe or otherwise that's triggered it but I'm completely hooked. It's generating a Civ 4 level of addiction happening here. Such a great game.

binary domain (steam)
dark souls (amazon)
and both ys (steam)

I ordered the Civ pack today at work and came home to this:

iRjRG.png

Has anyone else ever had this problem? My bank statement seems to indicate I didn't get double charged.

jediyoshi

So what's been everyone's favourite pickup from the sales this year so far? I've managed to spend a ridiculous amount of money.

Dead Island has been my biggest surprise. I'll definitely be spending a lot of time with this.

Dawn of War: Dark Crusade (from the Steam bundle) is sucking all of my gaming time up though. I was/am so sick of the RTS genre, I never thought I'd play another one. I don't know if it's just the Warhammer universe or otherwise that's triggered it but I'm completely hooked. It's generating a Civ 4 level of addiction happening here. Such a great game.

Still making my way through the humble bundle games.

Snapshot is rad, though I'm getting weird performance issues. I can handle Hotline Miami fine though so it should be beastly enough.

Started up Tiny & Big and it's rad as well. Pretty safe games to recommend

Otherwise I'm still playing through the RAGE DLC and Sleeping Dogs DLC.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Not that I was going to try, I'm just curious, what would happen?

I'm guessing Steam could close your account and you'd lose all your games.

Yeah.

I wouldn't even have mentioned it, but it seems like every couple of months there's somebody who goes "FUCK VALVE I asked them for a refund and didn't hear from them in two whole days and so I did a chargeback and now they STOLE ALL MY GAMES" and some Steam hater always chimes in like "HERP DERP DIGITAL DISTRIBUTION FUTURE" and all that nonsense.

No it was 7.49 on flash sale.

I've gone through my statement and tried to separate all the games I've ordered so far, and it seems like they only charged me once, properly.

So I guess the bundle contains both versions.

inky

Oh, OK.

Ya, Mac versions are annoying as hell, and just clog your library. I just keep my view in the installed games tab to avoid that stuff.

inky

Yep, I have a lot of custom icons taken from that thread. Even made some myself for Red Alert 2.

It's more of an 'easier backlog to tackle' thing just keeping the installed tab up instead of the full list.

Yep, I have a lot of custom icons taken from that thread. Even made some myself for Red Alert 2.

It's more of an 'easier backlog to tackle' thing just keeping the installed tab up instead of the full list.

Well, I have every game installed. So it isn't of much use to me.
The highlighted copy is the MAC version so there is no Play option.

I'm absolutely loving Critter Crunch. For $1.74, it's an absolute steal.

Yea. I bought it on PSN a long time ago. Definitely still one of my favorite games and probably the best puzzle game I've ever played.

It's too bad that 2 for 1 Neogaf deal only extends to the PC versions.

Grief.exe

Oh, OK.

Ya, Mac versions are annoying as hell, and just clog your library. I just keep my view in the installed games tab to avoid that stuff.

If you need me to photoshop that out for you I can, but I use that overlay onto all of the mac versions of games

bc0gI.png

And for Betas

Ainhe.png

catabarez

Are there any good steam deals on Amazon that I might be missing?

I already have Lego: LotR and Scribblenauts and know about the Sega sale.

PaulLFC

GMG have got most of my money this sale, some great deals which are made even better with the voucher.

Still debating whether I should make yet another purchase from them with Worms Revolution.

zychi

Banned
what happens if i own arkham city and i buy goty edition off steam? will i have a code for the base game of arkham city?

I'm interested in purchasing Dark Souls for my partner's brother (as well as for me!), for PC. Can someone give me a quick run down on Games for Windows and how it applies in the case of Dark Souls? I have never had to install a game outside of Steam and I'm not familiar with GfM in the slightest outside of the name. Is it difficult to get the game up and running? Thanks for the help! :)

mannerbot

I'm interested in purchasing Dark Souls for my partner's brother (as well as for me!), for PC. Can someone give me a quick run down on Games for Windows and how it applies in the case of Dark Souls? I have never had to install a game outside of Steam and I'm not familiar with GfM in the slightest outside of the name. Is it difficult to get the game up and running? Thanks for the help! :)

The game is Steamworks (though yes, it uses GFWL as well).

The game is Steamworks (though yes, it uses GFWL as well).

Do I need to create a GFWL account, etc? I have an existing Xbox Live account, will that suffice? I realize these might be stupid questions but I'm transitioning from console gaming to PC. Is the install process any different?

Koroviev

Finally have Hotline Miami working under Windows 8...but it's kind of headache-inducing. Gonna go back to Spec Ops for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom