• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Couldn't get Alan wake from GMG because of that gambling nonsense so I guess this works for me.

Nope, you can't enjoy anything about this sale, specially repeats of anything that has been on sale anytime in recent history.

Remember, this sale is horrible!

baconcow

Well for one, the price is nice... and I've been wanting it for a while. I want to play more stealth games.

I see it on sale a lot at GMG and have been wondering if I was missing something (killer mods or recent patches) that have improved it. I have been waiting for the definitive sniper game since... forever.

Def Jukie

Are hot deals and flash deals of the same game, always going to be for the same discount?
Sorry for the n00b question, but if I see a game in either deal, is it safe to get without fear of it being lower?

I don't think the daily and the flash deals have ever been different prices. If it's on one or the other I would say it's safe to bite. Same goes for the community votes.

Eusis

Voted Little Inferno since I haven't seen that on sale yet and it's certainly not worth $10+, though I imagine people would (rightly I think) want it to dip lower than $7.50 first.

Echoplx

The problem with Sniper is that it tries to force action sequences down your throat constantly and it ruins the actual sniping sections, which are pretty satisfying.

dani_dc

Voted for Little Inferno the game since it never went that low, unlike the other two which were on sale already discounted that much during Winter sale.

Someone mentioned Critter Crunch and I checked out some videos. It is reminding me of games I used to waste my live on like Money Idol Exchanger and Magical Drop III and all those other similar games. Is this one good? Very interested in it. Enough modes to keep me going?

I never played any of those games (might be worth nothing that Magical Drop V is available on Steam and there's a recent gaf thread on it), so I have no point of reference, but I enjoyed what I played of Critter Crunch.
The game features regular mode, alongside trials and puzzles (not too many).
Took me around 6 hours to finish the main game and the majority of puzzles/trials.
The game also features online and offline multiplayer modes.

If you need an extra incentive to jump the fence, this might help.

Amneisac

It is severely problematic- I played it pretty extensively on the PS3, and the game just feels much more offensively oriented. Defense as a whole feels like it's regressed to the point where it's harder to keep the right spacing in front of a player with the ball. The whole game feels flashier, but it sacrifices some of the defensive fundamentals. Also, it's a shame the PC version doesn't have that All-Star package- it's not very substantive, but it's hilarious to play a Guitar-Hero'esque sequence to pull off a dunk over a car.

I can't believe there's no way to pick who you play against online on PC. Is this a joke? There's no way to play with / against friends online? I'm completely shocked.

Fireblend

Banned
I still haven't heard back from that dude lol.

It's a holiday, give him some time. I bought it on the first or second day of the sale and he got me an extra code I gave to my brother a couple of hours after I notified him.

It's a great game, by the way, and multiplayer is amazing. For less than $2 it's impossible to be disappointed.

Sanic

Does anyone have a copy of FTL I can gift/trade for?

Pretty sure it was a flash/daily deal, right? I can gift you another game on Steam, just looking to pay less than the 7.50 it's going for.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Well it's the holidays so it's just natural!
He did the same deal during Autumn sale and I got my extra code at the time.

It's a holiday, give him some time. I bought it on the first or second day of the sale and he got me an extra code I gave to my brother a couple of hours after I notified him.

It's a great game, by the way, and multiplayer is amazing. For less than $2 it's impossible to be disappointed.

Yeah, I understand the holidays and whatnot. Planning on giving away the keys to Gaffers.

Jubern

Guys, if someone buys Football Manager 2013 for me on GMG, can he give to me? Is it just a code to redeem on Steam?
(It's a Steamworks game for those wondering)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom