• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Dead Rising 2 worth it?

Worth what? The time? The money? The digital blips and bloops? A slap in the face? A punch to the throat? Drinking eggnog spiked with peppermint schnapps? Kissing your sister? Licking an armadillo? Jumping from space? What question are you asking? Because "is dead rising 2 worth it" makes no sense.

Jintor

Ugh, I just reached my first throw-controller-against-wall moment in Dark Souls.

Blight-town swamps, and the giant bag of fail that is the game's targeting system. I can't hit mosquitos that I'm locked onto and that are flying right in front of my face because they're slightly above me. It's just a non-stop failtrain of death by thousand mosquito bites and slow poisoning and the game's camera flailing around uncontrollably.

Get something where the attack animation goes above your head

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I told him to explain in as much detail possible, so hopefully it works out. He probably won't be too happy that it may be in Steam funds, but luckily I don't think the $50 will break the bank for him at this time.

As long as you haven't activated the gifts (hard to do if you already own the game, obviously ;)), he should be able to have the extra copies refunded just fine. In practice, an unused gift is no different to a pre-order, the latter of which Steam Support has no issues with refunding (provided the request is actioned before release, that is).

Edit: Oops, I forgot to refresh the page.

sixghost

Ugh, I just reached my first throw-controller-against-wall moment in Dark Souls.

Blight-town swamps, and the giant bag of fail that is the game's targeting system. I can't hit mosquitos that I'm locked onto and that are flying right in front of my face because they're slightly above me. It's just a non-stop failtrain of death by thousand mosquito bites and slow poisoning and the game's camera flailing around uncontrollably.

If you have any throwing knives, use those.

snack

Worth what? The time? The money? The digital blips and bloops? A slap in the face? A punch to the throat? Drinking eggnog spiked with peppermint schnapps? Kissing your sister? Licking an armadillo? Jumping from space? What question are you asking? Because "is dead rising 2 worth it" makes no sense.

Damn, 21 questions. :p

For the money and the fun value.

KillerAJD

As long as you haven't activated the gifts (hard to do if you already own the game, obviously ;)), he should be able to have the extra copies refunded just fine. In practice, an unused gift is no different to a pre-order, the latter of which Steam Support has no issues with refunding (provided the request is actioned before release, that is).

Awesome, thanks for the info as well. I did activate one of them before I realized what happened, but declined the other two so they should still be in his inventory un-activated. Hopefully that'll help his case.

Eusis

Thanks, but accept the friend request first. : P

Also, what the heck Assassin's Creed? Lame...
Yeah, that was the weakest choice to me. Until I realized it'd be $5.

Still, wasn't that on sale earlier in the sale? I got all three so it didn't really matter THAT much, but I'm still wondering.

dreamfall

It will flash or daily. Always has before.

And until that day shows up... I will be cursing Ezio's charm and Steam Community Votes!

Sigh. I do wish it was like a 50% off AC III instead. It's great for those that don't have it yet (as I do think II is the strongest game in the series) but hell!

:( I voted for DS even though I already own it. I'm sorry.

Every vote counts! Our voices were heard! As our hopes were assassinated!

Derrick01

Banned
Ugh I wish I could get a refund on NBA 2k13. The game is nowhere near as good as 11 was. The AI plays no defense at all and my Bulls, the best rebounding team and one of the very best defensive teams every year, constantly give up offensive rebounds and let guys run all around them. Horrible horrible game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ugh I wish I could get a refund on NBA 2k13. The game is nowhere near as good as 11 was. The AI plays no defense at all and my Bulls, the best rebounding team and one of the very best defensive teams every year, constantly give up offensive rebounds and let guys run all around them. Horrible horrible game.
Who the hell plays sports games? :p

Nabs

You may want to mess with the sliders.

dreamfall

It is severely problematic- I played it pretty extensively on the PS3, and the game just feels much more offensively oriented. Defense as a whole feels like it's regressed to the point where it's harder to keep the right spacing in front of a player with the ball. The whole game feels flashier, but it sacrifices some of the defensive fundamentals. Also, it's a shame the PC version doesn't have that All-Star package- it's not very substantive, but it's hilarious to play a Guitar-Hero'esque sequence to pull off a dunk over a car.

baconcow

Someone mentioned Critter Crunch and I checked out some videos. It is reminding me of games I used to waste my live on like Money Idol Exchanger and Magical Drop III and all those other similar games. Is this one good? Very interested in it. Enough modes to keep me going?

Nimajneb

Bought Deponia, it's one of the games I'd been wait to go on sale. At least the flash sales are less crappy than the dailies.

The only game I really want to see is Miasmata, it just looks so interesting. Everything else I can put off until the next sale. Hell, I've got enough games on Steam to last me years.

Nabs

Someone mentioned Critter Crunch and I checked out some videos. It is reminding me of games I used to waste my live on like Money Idol Exchanger and Magical Drop III and all those other similar games. Is this one good? Very interested in it. Enough modes to keep me going?

Critter Crunch is good and is worth picking up. I have a ton of hours in single player, I'm not sure where it all went.

You may also be interested in this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/204960/

Chittagong

Gold Member
Bought

Hotline Miami £3.49
Deadlight £4.99

Total £8.48

Not bad! Is there some huge indie renaissance going on, with all these crazy high rated small games popping up this year?

Speaking of which, Legend of Grimrock is -75%, an absolute steal for such an amazing game. Everyone who likes RPGs should give it a go.

Volcynika

Alan Wake Franchise -75%
Sniper Ghost Warrior -80%
Super Meat Boy -75%

New Community choice options:

Little Inferno -50%
Mark of the Ninja -50%
Orcs Must Die 2 -75%

BadAss2961

Defense is all about baiting the AI into doing what you want them to do. Make sure you box out on rebounds yourself (left trigger on 360 pad as the CPU shoots.)

I do hate what they've done with the controls though. Change just for the sake of change, makes things more complex than they have to be.

Are hot deals and flash deals of the same game, always going to be for the same discount?
Sorry for the n00b question, but if I see a game in either deal, is it safe to get without fear of it being lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom