• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 | Deal quality keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

Had no idea there was a Neogaf giveaway group. I already gave out a game to a random neogaffer on my friends list. Regardless, I would like an invite if possible.

Steam ID: prophane33

Kuwa

noooo, i wanted Just Cause 2 to win. Ah well. Assassins Creed 2 worht getting? I only played a bit of the first one on PS3. Looks like my new PC would run AC2 well, just want to hear peoples thoughts on it.

LiK

noooo, i wanted Just Cause 2 to win. Ah well. Assassins Creed 2 worht getting? I only played a bit of the first one on PS3. Looks like my new PC would run AC2 well, just want to hear peoples thoughts on it.

Yes, AC2 is worth it and it looks better on PC

-GJ-

Does anyone have a copy of FTL I can gift/trade for?

Pretty sure it was a flash/daily deal, right? I can gift you another game on Steam, just looking to pay less than the 7.50 it's going for.

If you're in Europe it's cheaper if you buy the game on their own website. It's €7,49 on Steam (and $7,49 in the US), but it's always $7,49 on their website, no matter what region you're in, so that's about ~€5,80.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm tempted to get ARMA, but I think I'll just wait for the standalone Day Z game honestly. I'm not sure how much I'd like such a (supposedly?) janky experience when I've never really played any games like that period (I really don't play multiplayer games at all actually).

Sanic

Sending you guys friend requests so I can invite you.

So, uh, I sent out invites to you guys, and i've heard from two of you that you didn't get them. I have no idea why, as steam said that the invites were sent.

Would anybody else mind sending them invites?

So, uh, I sent out invites to you guys, and i've heard from two of you that you didn't get them. I have no idea why, as steam said that the invites were sent.

If its to the Neogaf Gifts steamgifts group only officers can invite. You need to post your link to your steam profile in this thread to get the invite.

ta9qi

i added them as friends for the invitation but they already were in the Neogaf group @@
Got invitation for the Gaf gift group,thnx whoever you are :)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
how is the AC2 PC port? 360 controller work natively?

It runs fine but the game suffers from an utterly buggered LOD system that was never fixed (it's far more aggressive than the console counterparts and it's not uncommon to see areas of the game switching between LOD tiers despite no change in camera distance). The wired X360 controller will work natively but the wireless variant will need a fix to be fully usable.

Edit: Fixed link.

Bulzeeb

Hi guys, I migth buy RE5 for me and my brother so we can play it in coop but do you think it is safe to buy it now or should I wait for it to become a daily deal instead of a flash deal

JaseC

Hi guys, I migth buy RE5 for me and my brother so we can play it in coop but do you think it is safe to buy it now or should I wait for it to become a daily deal instead of a flash deal

Unless a mistake is made, Daily Deal/Flash Sale/Community's Choice discounts are identical.

Xamdou

Wait for the daily deal for the lowest price during the sale. If you missed a daily deal there's a best of sales which is going to be on the last day.

I want to buy The Walking Dead but I cant stand how they force WASD with no option to change your key bindings. It may sound petty but when i have ESDF ingrained into my brain its a big annoyance. Is there some kind of workaround or hack to change the keys to what you want?

JaseC

I want to buy The Walking Dead but I cant stand how they force WASD with no option to change your key bindings. It may sound petty but when i have ESDF ingrained into my brain its a big annoyance. Is there some kind of workaround or hack to change the keys to what you want?

It's (edit: not) the most elegant solution, but you could use something like AutoHotkey to effectively change WASD to ESDF. The program is free and the script is simple:

Code:
w::e
a::s
s::d
d::f

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
*confused* It's that hard to slide your hand over?

iphOntrkJd2Bj.jpg

The gallery has been updated again.

Loads of images from various games, lots of spoilers.

lexi

Banned
I really want to pick up Dead Space 1 and 2 this sale, but I don't think either of them have been on sale yet.

Confusingly, Dead Space 1 is cheaper in Australia compared to the US (With the current 50% off is $7.49) but Dead Space 2 is almost quadruple the price for us Aussies at $34.99!

I really want to pick up Dead Space 1 and 2 this sale, but I don't think either of them have been on sale yet.

Confusingly, Dead Space 1 is cheaper in Australia compared to the US (With the current 50% off is $7.49, but Dead Space 2 is almost quadruple the price for the US, at $34.99!

I think there was a $10 or maybe it was $12.50 bundle for them both in last years christmas sale and this years summer sale. Just HOLD and get a US gaffer to help you pick them up.

JaseC

Confusingly, Dead Space 1 is cheaper in Australia compared to the US (With the current 50% off is $7.49, but Dead Space 2 is almost quadruple the price for the US, at $34.99!

Even weirder examples of the Aussie Tax include THQ not taxing Darksiders 2 itself but applying it to the official strategy guide and Modern Warfare 3 (2011; $100) being more expensive than Black Ops 2 (2012; $90).

Confusingly, Dead Space 1 is cheaper in Australia compared to the US (With the current 50% off is $7.49) but Dead Space 2 is almost quadruple the price for us Aussies at $34.99!
Sims Medieval is also 93% off for us ($2.19), whereas it's $10.19 in the US. Weird when you see the price gouging on the Sims 3. $80 base price for us, $30 for those in the US.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
The gallery has been updated again.

Loads of images from various games, lots of spoilers.

Does RE5 on PC have a fov slider? I couldn't stand the fov when I played it on console.
Also, is the DLC included or was that just a console exclusive?

Haven't played an Activision game since maybe 2007 and I won't until they price their games fairly. MW2, a game released in 2009, is ninety (90$) fucking dollars.

If it goes on sale here I can gift it to you?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
There's a mod for the fov. It works for Chris only though: http://phoenix.ee/resident-evil-5-fov-mod/ (There may be others. I didn't look very hard).
Another one: http://www.wsgf.org/node/346

And no DLC.

Damn. The fov fix would get rid of the sense of claustrophobia RE5 normally induces. But I really wanted to play the DLC episodes.

*looks*

woah there... what is going on here! >__>

It's story related
Device that delivers mind control serum is on Jills' chest (Hidden by chris' hand)

I'll gladly pay for it. I actually really enjoyed COD4 (The last COD I played, haha)

Okay, if it comes back up just pm me.

For anyone else that bought Home, is their keyboard freaking out whenever they try to play it? It's like the up arrow is pressed down, so I can't even do anything.

Edit: Nevermind, I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom