• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Just as a reminder, as Sleeping Dogs is very likely a pricing error Steam doesn't technically have to honor it, and could issue refunds.

Although knowing Valve, they'll probably just let it slide. Surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

While technically true, Valve has always honoured pricing errors. There's no cause for concern.

feel

Bought 3 copies to store in my inventory (4 seemed excessive) and a ton of DLC. I like this encore thing, do Dishonored next!

baconcow

Just bought Sleeping Dogs + the following DLC:
- Nightmare in North Point
- Square Enix Character Pack (I like the Just Cause and Deus Ex skins)
- The Dragon Master Pack (as a Canadian, GSP is needed and the police add-ons are nice)

Nothing else.

I don't understand how a pricing mistake last longer than a few minutes. You'd think there would be someone at Valve that checks the prices immediately when they go live.

Oreoleo

Unreal, absolutely unreal. I was 20 minutes late, can't believe it's still active. Why am I still typing, I need to buy that one DLC before the deal ends.

edit: well fuck

Accidentally bought the cheater DLC along with rest, whoops. I do wish Steam had a better system of picking and choosing through DLC (not to mention showing you on the summary listing which ones you already have). Maybe checkmark boxes beside each, so you can "Add Checked to Cart" instead of just an "Add All" button, or adding each one individually on their dedicated page.

...Ok fuck I really can't complain after getting this game and most of the DLC for spare change.

How would they not honor this error? Soon as you buy it, it goes into your library and available for install.

This isn't the other site where keys need to be distributed.

I don't understand how a pricing mistake last longer than a few minutes. You'd think there would be someone at Valve that checks the prices immediately when they go live.

There are a few other pricing mistakes in the other direction (i.e. franchise sales with 0% off some entries) that are slowly being corrected, so I'm guessing that it takes them a few minutes to catch and correct errors like this.

EDIT: Aaaaand it's back to 66% off. Mostly. A few DLCs, including the Dragon Master Pack are still at 91%.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
dammit I should've taken a second to think about it

I want that drunken fist dlc kinda

EDIT: never mind, just saw a video of it. he doesn't sway drunkenly nearly enough. preorder cancelled.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What are the cheat DLCs?

Is everything else things you can unlock in game or not?

For instance, the Drunk outfit. Can you get it in game any way?

Raxus

Now I feel like a fool for getting this on 360 with the Nightmare at Northpoint DLC for 35 dollars.

What are the cheat DLCs?

Is everything else things you can unlock in game or not?

For instance, the Drunk outfit. Can you get it in game any way?

From what I have seen I think it is all new outfits.

Maybe it's not a pricing error? Who am I'm kidding lol. Got another Nightmare in North Point DLC for my bro. Doubt I'll ever see it for that price ever again. It's back to 66%. Too good to be true. Got the dlc I wanted at least. Steam redeemed itself.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Fuck, I didn't realize that a lot of the regular sales would turn off. I was going to buy the COH pack for 50% off but now it is full price. Major bummer.

Sleeping Dogs for $4.50 will have to comfort me.

DagsJT

Managed to grab a copy of the game to gift but fixed just before completing my Nightmare DLC purchase for myself :/

1-D_FTW

So it's proly that Valve doesn't honor this price mistake?

It's probably that they do honor it. But I'm gonna be a little ticked if I launch it and they refund. Because they've stated before, after selling me a shitty and broken game, that they can't do refunds under any circumstance. So if they can't do refunds then, well... you get the point;)

mrgone

Ahh crap, the price changed while I was trying to figure out which dlc were boosts and which were content. Got the Dragon pack, but missed the Nightmare on North Point and all the handsome dude packs.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Between me and my boyfriends account I managed to get ~18 copies of the -91% Sleeping Dogs, more than half with all discounted DLC included. Sale redeemed?

HoosTrax

I knew there was a reason why I always camp Steam store at the 1pm EST transition.

Somehow I ended up impulse buying a ton of DLC though...

dani_dc

From what I have seen I think it is all new outfits.

Not all, I think there was a pack or two were game unlocks such as Undercover Pack.
But majority of them where new.

Think I managed to pick all the discounted DLC, just skipped on the extra EXP ones as well as the one to gain more money.

Between me and my boyfriends account I managed to get ~18 copies of the -91% Sleeping Dogs, more than half with all discounted DLC included. Sale redeemed?

Do you have the discounted DLC still in your inventory? I couldn't buy it since it's not available in Germany, would you be willing to sell a "set" to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom