• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought two. Now which Dlc?

Add all DLC to the cart, (and the Dragon Master DLC pack) remove the following:
- Zodiac Tournament and Gangland Style Pack (Not on sale)
- Top Dog Gold and Top Dog Silver packs (Cheat packs)
- High Roller Pack (Early unlock)
- All of the DLCs in the Dragon Master Pack (Don't want to double-dip after all)

Nightmare in North Point and The Zodiac Tournament are the only two pieces of content-expanding DLC. The rest is juts fluff (character skins/outfits, money/experience, and so on).

Yeah, I figured as much. I impulse-bought the Dragon Master pack as I thought it might have something worthwile and I bought the Square characters one because Agent 47 is hilarious, but thanks anyway!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It was weird and must be some glitch because it was 'fixed' to a normal price for me a split second and then when I refreshed, it went back to under 5 bucks.

none of the DLC shows up as on sale for me.

1P2SZ.png

EDIT: one of the DLC shows up as not on sale for me.

Grief.exe

Sleeping Dogs has been on my wishlist for a while and this is the best price I have ever seen it at.

I almost picked it up when it was on sale at GMG for $11 with $6 credit, but this was just too good to pass up.

I use GMG so much that it would have effectively been the same price anyways.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
got sleepy dawgs, but not the DLC

totally forgot about it in my rush to borrow a credit card so I could get the game

do I need to get it or is it all just optional stuff?

I can't borrow the card again, but I'd be willing to trade for the DLC that's on sale

I bought Sleeping Dogs yesterday on its daily sale...Whatahell Steam? Not fucking cool.
Yeah, I waited like everyone else, followed the rules, and boom, this glitch happens, lol. 16.99$ is still a great price for this game. I gifted the game to buddy, he deserves a copy, and this game deserves my money. DLC or gift sleeping dogs? I chose the latter.

atomsk

Party Pooper
My only goal was to clear my Steam Wallet that had been building from getting gamestop gift cards

ESFmE.png

(not pictured: gifted Endless Space + Offspring Fling)

STEAM WALLET EMPTY. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Bought dmc bundle, rage + sleepy dogs/dlc

Kinda want Dark Souls but by the time I get around to playing it it might be a 4.99 purchase.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
got sleepy dawgs, but not the DLC

totally forgot about it in my rush to borrow a credit card so I could get the game

do I need to get it or is it all just optional stuff?

I can't borrow the card again, but I'd be willing to trade for the DLC that's on sale

Nightmare in North Point and the Zodiac Tournament are the only two pieces of content-expanding DLC. The rest is just fluff (character skins/outfits, money/experience, and so on).

I wouldn't pay full price for the Zodiac Tournament; apparently, it's just a series of brief fights not unlike those you already encounter in the game world proper.

masterkajo

Ah, Garry redeemed, indeed. I was on the fence on buying it several times during this sale and ended up not doing it. At the last day I had not enough money... until Garry had mercy on me and lowered the price again. Thank you Garry!!

God damn! Awesome. Bought Sleeping Dogs and Dragon Master & Nightmare in North Point. Any of the other DLC worthwhile?

Edit: Just read above, thanks.

Just as a reminder, as Sleeping Dogs is very likely a pricing error Steam doesn't technically have to honor it, and could issue refunds.

Although knowing Valve, they'll probably just let it slide. Surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Keasar

Yeah, I waited like everyone else, followed the rules, and boom, this glitch happens, lol. 16.99$ is still a great price for this game. I gifted the game to buddy, he deserves a copy, and this game deserves my money. DLC or gift sleeping dogs? I chose the latter.

Still feel cheated. :/

Amneisac

Just as a reminder, as Sleeping Dogs is very likely a pricing error Steam doesn't technically have to honor it, and could issue refunds.

Although knowing Valve, they'll probably just let it slide. Surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

Yeah, the longer it goes on the more it worries me that they'll fix it and do refunds.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

don't ever recall them not honouring a glitch like this.

derExperte

I already had Sleeping Dogs from the GMG sale, but I was able to snag all of the DLC that was on sale. (Except for the Top Dog packs and the Triad Enforcer pack, the former because they are just cheat packs, the latter because I already had it)

Can I deactivate the 'cheat'-dlc? Cause I bought it by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom