• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
How would they not honor this error? Soon as you buy it, it goes into your library and available for install.

This isn't the other site where keys need to be distributed.
They can remove games from your library. I think it happened before with many CoD Modern Warfare 2 Russian keys.

Thugh I doubt they'll do it this time, I've heard that Valve usually honors price mistakes that happen on the Steam Store.

froliq

Atleast I got Nightmare in North Point. Was too slow for the rest, but I probably have no use for them since I almost did every single thing in the game.

Scavenger

I accidentally got some Sleeping Dogs DLC for free from Steam store. I didn't finish paying because I didn't want the DLC in the end, so I pressed the go back button on the iDeal payment screen (Didn't log in to iDeal yet). After that it started to download the DLC lol.

EDIT: Cancel transaction option did the trick. now it's gone.

Papytendo

RIP IN PIECE

steamredeeme.png

steamreignsupreme-1.png

I accidentally got some Sleeping Dogs DLC for free from Steam store. I didn't finish paying because I didn't want the DLC in the end, so I pressed the go back button on the iDeal payment screen (Didn't log in to iDeal yet). After that it started to download the DLC lol.

Was it not the free ones?

cicero

Steam wouldn't verify my repeated attempts to add funds to my account over 20 minutes and it finally went through 20 seconds after I checked my cart to see if the DLC was still 90% off, and it was, and literally like 30 seconds later it was switching back to normal as I was checking out. DLC kept changing price in my cart, and I kept deleting and trying to go through with what was left... Too late.

:(

Wok

Oops. I missed the SD misprice. Fortunately, I got a similar deal with GMG before. :)

Between me and my boyfriends account I managed to get ~18 copies of the -91% Sleeping Dogs, more than half with all discounted DLC included. Sale redeemed?

So you are two behind one avatar!

kennah

Between me and my boyfriends account I managed to get ~18 copies of the -91% Sleeping Dogs, more than half with all discounted DLC included. Sale redeemed?
I'd accuse you of being a RFD'r if I wasn't so sure that you'll probably end up giving most of them away anyway.

HoosTrax

Steam wouldn't verify my repeated attempts to add funds to my account over 20 minutes and it finally went through 20 seconds after I checked my cart to see if the DLC was still 90% off, and it was, and literally like 30 seconds later it was switching back to normal as I was checking out. DLC kept changing price in my cart, and I kept deleting and trying to go through with what was left... Too late.

:(
What were you using? Paypal?

I added $10.00 worth of Steam wallet funds from my Mastercard and it was instant.

Wish I didn't buy all that cheat dlc, I was just rushing to put everything in the basket lol.
Hah, yeah I bought those and the two that weren't on sale in a mad rush before the price changed back. Oh well, still got the game and all of the available content for less than the sale price of the game alone so I can't complain.

Gav47

What happens for valve in this situation? Do they have to pay Square Enix at the original price or do they only give them the share of the reduced price?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

EDIT: Cancel transaction option did the trick. now it's gone.

So you cancelled the transaction but still have the DLC? Enjoy having your account restricted while you work with Steam Support to have subs removed. ;)

Edit: Oh.

Phinor

Ooh, missed the only chance I'd ever buy that DLC crap for Sleeping Dogs. 10-11 cents per pack was just about what I was willing to pay. Oh well, no loss at all for me.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
For all the people adding me I am selling at glitched cost (Paypal) FOR GAFFERS WHO DID NOT GET IN ON THE DEAL. NOT for your friend or whatever, only for you. Must be in the GAF group. I am not making money off this. Be PATIENT, I will run out eventually, I have 7-8 people on my ass at the moment

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Lol at all the Sleeping Dogs on Steamgifts now.

I'll trade a copy for the Rage DLC if anyone is interested.

Add me and I will do that.

AlexBasch

For all the people adding me I am selling at glitched cost (Paypal) FOR GAFFERS WHO DID NOT GET IN ON THE DEAL. NOT for your friend or whatever, only for you. Must be in the GAF group. I am not making money off this. Be PATIENT, I will run out eventually, I have 7-8 people on my ass at the moment

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xelios/

Add me and I will do that.
I have no paypal but I have an Amazon $5 coupon. You interested in that? :p

J-Tier

Sleeping Dogs and some dlc are cropping up on Steamgifts.

Not surprising. Four copies would net you near $200 worth of contributor credits, and would bump me up to $500 dollars in contributions.

But that's shady, I'd rather gift away the copies to friends who really want them instead of taking advantage of the system.

Hofmann

Still overall this sale was pretty weak. Sleeping Dogs was a great deal, grabbed some DLC, but the main game was $6 on GMG not so long ago and it was not a price error.

How expensive is the Zodiac-DLC for Sleeping Dogs?

In Germany you can not buy any of the DLC. Just wonder how much the Zodiac DLC is right now (the original price).
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom