• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow...don't think I can recommend Bit Trip Core to anyone. The concept is great, but playing it really confirms one issue I've always suspected plagued this series: input lag. Totally unplayable. The lag is very significant...I'd wager at least 100-150ms.
Really? I don't recall there being any input lag on the Wii version. Maybe it's a problem with the PC port?

Seagoon

Anyone on the fence about Chivalry should give it a go. It can be a daunting game to get into but when it clicks you will be hard pushed to find another game where each kill is such a supremely satisfying experience.

I don't play a lot of online games but this one has me hooked, I can't wait to see what new content gets added.

I'd recommend starting as a Knight, I found the extra energy beneficial over the relative reduction in speed.

Watch those horizontal strikes and don't forget to shout charge when sprinting to battle!

MRORANGE

If for some reason you bought Fable III you may want to get this:

ss_ecd5ac93e810b6825e262cc4ba927810230341d0.600x338.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bought Age of Empires 3! Never played a game in that series ever, what have I done?

Bought the worst entry thereof, but it's not as though you had much choice. ;) AoE (and AoE2?) are next to impossible to get to work correctly under Win7. The only experiment I haven't tried is running the game via WinXP Virtual PC.

Derrick01

Banned
Buying San Andreas was a mistake. The best mistake I've made this year.

I'm sitting here with like 6 PC games to play from all of these Steam/Amazon/GMG sales and at least 10 Vita games and here I am playing nothing but San Andreas PC and still enjoying it more than every open world game this gen. Developers need to step their game up.

I'm sitting here with like 6 PC games to play from all of these Steam/Amazon/GMG sales and at least 10 Vita games and here I am playing nothing but San Andreas PC and still enjoying it more than every open world game this gen. Developers need to step their game up.

Yea that game is incredible and looks very nice on PC.

Scrabble

Deus Ex for $5 is a steal. I think the game is more enjoyable when played through stealthy, rather than shoot-'em-up.

ya as just a pure stealth games it's really good. The stealth feels more like splinter cell/metal gear than say a thief or dishonored.

Nabs

The framerate. Starts with 60fps and fluctuates to around 30-60 for me and apparently with other people too, this is with vsync off btw. Makes the game rather difficult if you want to beat the time limit.

My PC specs: Phenom II 945, HD 6850, 4GB Ram, Windows 7 x64.

That sucks. I don't have that problem with vsync disabled. Are you sure you don't have any form of Vsync enabled in CCC?

Omega

Banned

you using kb/m or pad? i remember you mentioning it doesn't have native pad support.

Platy

I played this game 5 years ago and "what's up CJ" is burned into my brain in a way that will never go away.

I gave this game as a present to a friend but I was strong not to double dip

Also, DAT BMX

MRORANGE, we are missing a crucial part of the OP.
Post numbers:

Without his how can we honor Saoirse and her avatar on the forum JaseC?

didamangi

That sucks. I don't have that problem with vsync disabled. Are you sure you don't have any form of Vsync enabled in CCC?

Nah, CCC is at default settings (vsync off, unless specified by games)

Oh well, hope it will be fix in an update or future drivers.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doom 3 original is better than BFG, right?

The very simple fact it supports mods means an emphatic "Yes".

MRORANGE, we are missing a crucial part of the OP.
Post numbers:

Without his how can we honor Saoirse and her avatar on the forum JaseC?

The Wall of Shame is typically something reserved for the regular thread considering the fleeting nature of the sale-specific threads. I like that I've probably bought the least but posted the most. :p

Derrick01

Banned
you using kb/m or pad? i remember you mentioning it doesn't have native pad support.

I've been playing it on kb&m. Very slowly and very carefully since it's so inaccurate in everything for me. But I'm doing it so far.

I tried the 360 pad and it doesn't work. Most of the buttons did nothing but the B button was acting like the confirm/A button, that was about the only thing that worked.

baconcow

So, for 6:00 PM (AST) sale, I hope sooooo bad for:

- World in Conflict Complete
- Silent Hunter III

Kinda wish I had picked up Wargame: European Escalation on it's second 75% off sale. After watching videos... now I want it. Looks like a slightly more realistic take on World in Conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom