• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What about Age of Mythology? It isn't that old and IMO its the very best AoE game.

I can't say I cared much for AoM, sadly (and will happily admit I forgot all about it when I posted :p), but in regard to modern OS support, being a Direct3D-based game, it should be fine... which, if so, brings into question why MS isn't offering it via DD.

Durante

Is Alan Wake on PC worth the time? I'm really tempted and would like some opinions from those who have played the PC version.
It's a really good port, if that's what you're asking.

The game itself is great, its major fault is that they throw too much combat at you -- the mechanics are not really interesting/varied enough to sustain that. But everything else about it is remarkably well made.

Bought the worst entry thereof, but it's not as though you had much choice. ;) AoE (and AoE2?) are next to impossible to get to work correctly under Win7. The only experiment I haven't tried is running the game via WinXP Virtual PC.

I have to point this out with the new unofficial expansion Forgotten Empires AOE2 runs very well under Windows 7 and 8. And it has support for higher resolutions now. So I'm playing on 1440x900 on my Windows 8 with Indians. If you have Age of Kings and Conquerors get this expansion. You need it!

Really...

But just in case someone has an spare Sewers DLC for Rage that is not using and if you can... well i can use it.

I said this because i've seen people give this things like free candy.

Again pardon me for being shamefull.

The game itself is great, its major fault is that they throw too much combat at you -- the mechanics are not really interesting/varied enough to sustain that. But everything else about it is remarkably well made.

Thanks! Was looking for another horror mystery adventure after walking dead. I know they are different but the game seems to be excellent for my tastes.

Omega

Banned

yeah be aware of this.

game doesn't do much to vary combat and gets really boring, still a good game though

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
MRORANGE, we are missing a crucial part of the OP.
Post numbers:

Without his how can we honor Saoirse and her avatar on the forum JaseC?
Damn, I made it into the ranking again. Gotta stop browsing GAF and dedicate to games 24/7. Or should I try to top the ranking next time, and forget about gaming?

On another note, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is freaking awesome. But the first boss was about to ruin my day, so I had to call it quits. I couldn't stop smiling when I heard the music from the original game in level 2. DAT NOSTALGIA.

BFIB

I've been playing it on kb&m. Very slowly and very carefully since it's so inaccurate in everything for me. But I'm doing it so far.

I tried the 360 pad and it doesn't work. Most of the buttons did nothing but the B button was acting like the confirm/A button, that was about the only thing that worked.

I really, really want to play San Andreas, but the lack of 360 controller support is keeping me at bay.

jediyoshi

Really...

But just in case someone has an spare Sewers DLC for Rage that is not using and if you can... well i can use it.

I said this because i've seen people give this things like free candy.

Again pardon me for being shamefull.

How does someone who didn't preorder it even buy it anymore? I'm not seeing a store page for it

Derrick01

Banned
I really, really want to play San Andreas, but the lack of 360 controller support is keeping me at bay.

It's the vehicles that give me a hard time. Shooting is far better and driving normal cars is ok but driving bikes and bicycles are a huge pain in the ass. I don't even want to know how planes and the RC plane will handle.

Prophane33

Still holding off on Silent Hunter 4 and Unity of Command...I just know the second I buy them they'll go on some sort of deal.

Proof: I juts bought Ace Combat: Assault Horizon on PSN today...today screenshots were released for Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Enhanced Edition, a PC exclusive release for early next year. I'm cursed...cursed I tells ya!

Sibylus

Banned
Bought the worst entry thereof, but it's not as though you had much choice. ;) AoE (and AoE2?) are next to impossible to get to work correctly under Win7. The only experiment I haven't tried is running the game via WinXP Virtual PC.
AoE2: Install user patch 1.1 or Forgotten Empires (fan expansion) if you haven't already, widescreen support and fixes for colour issues make the game very agreeable.

fleck0

Still holding off on Silent Hunter 4 and Unity of Command...I just know the second I buy them they'll go on some sort of deal.

Proof: I juts bought Ace Combat: Assault Horizon on PSN today...today screenshots were released for Ace Combat Assault Horizon: Enhanced Edition, a PC exclusive release for early next year. I'm cursed...cursed I tells ya!

I'm holding off till the last day for Unity of Command as well. Though it's so new (out in Oct) I'd be surprised if it goes below 50%, but ya never know

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Has there been a sale on the Company of Heroes complete pack? I want to pick up CoH for $5 but if the two expansions are going to go on sale soon I'll wait.

BFIB

Has there been a sale on the Company of Heroes complete pack? I want to pick up CoH for $5 but if the two expansions are going to go on sale soon I'll wait.

I believe it was a daily at one point. Odds are, it'll hit a sale again.

cicero

I have been waiting on Silent Hunter 4 and Unity of Command and its DLC as well. Given the current lackluster state of repeat sales though, things are looking a bit bleak.

baconcow

You missed the $1 Humble bundle with all of that? I gave all of my copies away, but others might have one floating around.

Noaloha

Am I right in thinking that CK2 hasn't been on special yet? I believe it's only made a showing as a community option (that it subsequently didn't win). Does this mean (in the opinion of the general populous) that it will obviously be a daily/flash at some point?

I want to pick up some DLC for 75% off rather than 50% off because I'm supercheap. My Game Of The Year and I'm fretting over the pennies associated with extra content. Hurray for me.

Derrick01

Banned
Am I right in thinking that CK2 hasn't been on special yet? I believe it's only made a showing as a community option (that it subsequently didn't win). Does this mean (in the opinion of the general populous) that it will obviously be a daily/flash at some point?

I want to pick up some DLC for 75% off rather than 50% off because I'm supercheap. My Game Of The Year and I'm fretting over the pennies associated with extra content. Hurray for me.

CK2 is weird with this sale because usually it makes every sale and it comes up often. I think it was a weekend sale or midweek right before the winter sale so maybe that's why, but usually it has a very strong and popular presence.

Actually now that you mention it I hope it does come up because I have money now and I'd like to snag some of the DLC on the cheap too.

Jawmuncher

Is this the last day of sales?
I'm on mobile and In not noticing anything.
Regardless think ill grab RE5. Skipped it on its flash sale but regret that now.

GAMERG0D

I only have $1.02 left, anything besides Zeno Clash or Bad Rats that I could get? And I have the Humble Bundle before anyone replies with that.

Noaloha

CK2 is weird with this sale because usually it makes every sale and it comes up often. I think it was a weekend sale or midweek right before the winter sale so maybe that's why, but usually it has a very strong and popular presence.

Actually now that you mention it I hope it does come up because I have money now and I'd like to snag some of the DLC on the cheap too.

My pattern retention capabilities make me think that, if a game shows up as a community choice, it will then 100% be a special (either daily or flash) at some point. It's a gut feeling at this stage, but, yeah -- I expect CK2 to pop up. I just wish it would hurry up. I was hoping to start a new game soon and see the New Year in trying to turn the classical world pagan Viking. Ain't gonna happen now, obvs, but still. Come on CK2. You the best game of 2012!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I tried playing the CK2 demo but there were so many buttons and options and features that I got really confused and uninstalled it. Is the game good?

Raven77

Just ACCIDENTALLY bought the Terraria 4 pack instead of just Terraria...lolol

Willing to trade 2 copies of Terraria (or 1, whatever) for any of the following games:

Mark of the ninja
Chivalry
Worms Revolution
Hotline Miami
Cave Story+

kamikazee_cowboy is my handle on Steam.

Noaloha

I tried playing the CK2 demo but there were so many buttons and options and features that I got really confused and uninstalled it. Is the game good?

If you can manage to clamber and struggle your way inside the tortoise shell, the tortoise's innards are warm, soothing and delicately aromatic.

EDIT: the tortoise also has a deep love of murderous, oft-familial eugenics.

Just ACCIDENTALLY bought the Terraria 4 pack instead of just Terraria...lolol

Willing to trade 2 copies of Terraria (or 1, whatever) for any of the following games:

Mark of the ninja
Chivalry
Worms Revolution
Hotline Miami
Cave Story+

kamikazee_cowboy is my handle on Steam.
It was no accident! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom