• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

Top Sellers #2

Pretty sure a large portion of Steam users (non-GAF) are console humpers. They don't give a damn how many times crap goes on sale or how poorly it is rated. Don't you find it kinda odd how often the top 10 do not reflect games currently on dailies. You would think Steam users would learn, but they don't. Money flowing out of their pockets, probably.

Im_Special

So how is Hero Academy as a single player game? it's finally at that sweet 75% off mark so I'm thinking of biting. Also not all the DLC is 75%, is more DLC planned, I might just wait for the total package at 75% off at another time. My blacklog is crying pretty hard right now.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
There is no hats for my Waifu in that pack.

Why does no one love Pudge? :(

Everyone loves Pudge. Thats why they are piecemealing out his cosmetics and making them all high rarity. They are milking his popularity for dem monies.

So how is Hero Academy as a single player game? it's finally at that sweet 75% off mark so I'm thinking of biting. Also not all the DLC is 75%, is more DLC planned, I might just wait for the total package at 75% off at another time. My blacklog is crying pretty hard right now.

Single player is basically about 16 puzzles ignoring the DLC. Honestly, if you don't intend to play multiplayer, don't touch with a bargepole. More DLC is inevitable, considering it's a F2P game on iOS.

ta9qi

Bought Mark of the ninja, received the bleed pixels as a gift, just waiting for dustforce to be in sale and my role will end in throwing money in this sale :/

Raven77

Okay well through the help of a great friend and kind person I realized I could get Cave Story+ for cheap.

If anyone wants to work I trade I have

Terraria x2
Shank 2
Offspring Fling
Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Snapshot
Closure

I would like:

mark of the ninja
chivalry
worms revolution
Hotline Miami
Alan Wake

PM me or whatevs if interested. Or feel free to Steam-me at kamikazee_cowboy

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Gaben, but EA already gave me Mirror's Edge + DLC on Origin for free. It's on Origin, sure, but nothing can beat free. Plus, it's more expensive than in North America ($4.99 here).

Back to ripping my remastered Pink Floyd CDs I go. Ring me up if a good deal appears...

1-D_FTW

Okay well through the help of a great friend and kind person I realized I could get Cave Story+ for cheap.

Terraria x2
Shank 2
Offspring Fling
Legend of Grimrock
Snapshot
Closure

I would like:

mark of the ninja
chivalry
worms revolution
Hotline Miami
Alan Wake

Deals for the deal thread if ever I saw.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Terraria x2
Shank 2
Offspring Fling
Legend of Grimrock
Snapshot
Closure

I would like:

mark of the ninja
chivalry
worms revolution
Hotline Miami
Alan Wake

Guys, I have Humble Indie bundle for trade too. Want Skyrim!

Im_Special

Single player is basically about 16 puzzles ignoring the DLC. Honestly, if you don't intend to play multiplayer, don't touch with a bargepole. More DLC is inevitable, considering it's a F2P game on iOS.

Sounds terrible and definitely not for me then, this game looks like it would be amazing if they just added computer bots for singleplayer and have computer AI replace players who afk for weeks so you can finish the game.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Yes, If anyone is interested, I will also like to trade a humble bundle where you could pay $1 for most of them, or $6.50 for all of them, in return for a $10 game.

Raven77

Yes, If anyone is interested, I will also like to trade a humble bundle where you could pay $1 for most of them, or $6.50 for all of them, in return for a $10 game.

Legend of Grimrock and Dungeon Defenders require you to pay about 6.50. Terraria is about 3.50 a piece. I could trade someone 2 terrarias (one to gift, one for yourself) and the other 2 games would be about a 8-10 dollar value.

Not sure where I asked for a 30 dollar game for a 2 dollar game. In my original post I said I would give multiple games for a single one on my list...

Unreal...you gaffers...unreal.

baconcow

Legend of Grimrock and Dungeon Defenders require you to pay about 6.50. Terraria is about 3.50 a piece. I could trade someone 2 terrarias (one to gift, one for yourself) and the other 2 games would be about a 8-10 dollar value.

Not sure where I asked for a 30 dollar game for a 2 dollar game. In my original post I said I would give multiple games for a single one on my list...

Unreal...you gaffers...unreal.

People are just fooling around with numbers, myself included. All a joke, friend. Your offer is not unfair given the total values.

zkylon

zkylewd
What if New Vegas doesn't go on a daily? Bethesda hates Obsidian's guts they don't even want to make money off their game...

It's just bizarre it hasn't gone on a flash or daily yet, Skyrim has been on sale like 3 times already...

1-D_FTW

Unreal...you gaffers...unreal

What's with that? You offered 2 Terraria's for Chivalry. Chivalry is a DD right now for 12.50. You could buy 4 Terraria's for 10 dollars. You may not realize it, but people aren't big fans of trying to screw people over in Steam threads. It just clutters things up to see somebody repeat their Trade list every 10 posts when the deals stink. It's what the trade thread is for.

/rant

Tesseract

Banned
What if New Vegas doesn't go on a daily? Bethesda hates Obsidian's guts they don't even want to make money off their game...

It's just bizarre it hasn't gone on a flash or daily yet, Skyrim has been on sale like 3 times already...

my bpm spiked reading this.

Is anyone willing to do a Orcs Must Die 2 complete 2-pack with me? I can't really use PayPal to send money, but I can buy and then gift any game that's on sale for 4.99 on the store in return.

Raven77

People are just fooling around with numbers, myself included. All a joke, friend. Your offer is not unfair given the total values.

You cut me deep bro!!!

My Gafutation (Gaf reputation) may never recover from this!!!!

J/K, its cool, I should have been more clear in my post about giving many games for a single one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

SOMEBODY will have New Vegas GOTY for sale for 10-15 bucks after the middle of January, when/if Gamersgate gives out the missing keys for the Bethesda Bundle.

Sadly (not really) I got one for myself and gifted the other to a friend.

Yeah I wouldn't be worried if New Vegas doesn't go on sale, a lot of people still have keys for the Ultimate edition from the Bethesda gamersgate bundle.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm just curious, because Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind have been in sale multiple times, but no FO3 or F:NV.

To me that's just weird, it's not like ARMA in which Bohemia are sleezy scum that put it on 40% just so the last day they can set it for 66% and fuck everyone over, both FO3 and NV have been on sale for like 7.50 many, many, many times in the past.

It's just weird.

baconcow

You cut me deep bro!!!

My Gafutation (Gaf reputation) may never recover from this!!!!

J/K, its cool, I should have been more clear in my post about giving many games for a single one.

I knew your intentions from the beginning. I do not understand how anyone else could have messed that up.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I was giving my dog his dinner and when I came back to the computer, I had a Steam Notification pending.

I clicked to check it and BEHOLD, a friend of mine gave me Mark of the Ninja for no apparent reason other than the fact the he though the game was pretty cool (and I assume because it was on my Wishlist).

I really wanted the game, but I didn't like the 50% discount, so I was going to wait for the next sale.

Now I'm feeling all fuzzy and warm inside (which is horrible, because it's the middle of the summer where I live).

In other words, here's a key for Avadon: The Black Fortress!

wondering if I should get DOTA. no idea what it is.

The 2nd trailer with the dorky kids at the international DOTA game is putting me off.

He didn't really win 1 million dollars. wtf.

Rufus

One series did. Then Ubisoft fucked it.
The two things (lazy go-to explanations) you always hear of those that demand a modicum of patience and attention are "I feel like I'm doing it wrong" and "I don't like waiting". It's no wonder Conviction was hailed for literally spelling out where to go and what to do.

Mark of the Ninja seems to prove that people are fine with stealth as a game system if everything going on is presented to them in the clearest, least ambiguous way possible. I want to say 3D games can achieve the same thing with a barrage of UI hints á la Far Cry 3, but I don't know if it's quite the same.

I was giving my dog his dinner and when I came back to the computer, I had a Steam Notification pending.

I clicked to check it and BEHOLD, a friend of mine gave me Mark of the Ninja for no apparent reason other than the fact the he though the game was pretty cool (and I assume because it was on my Wishlist).

I really wanted the game, but I didn't like the 50% discount, so I was going to wait for the next sale.

Now I'm feeling all fuzzy and warm inside (which is horrible, because it's the middle of the summer where I live).

In other words, here's a key for Avadon: The Black Fortress!
Thanks Drizzle!

2nd time is the charm.
9FSVl.jpg

Shout out to Todd for helping me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom