• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Really? The bundle with all the games? Damn, why isn't it that price here?
And it's well hidden, as the store page is removed during the sales.

Yeah I went ahead and got the Arma X bundle, I appreciate the tip as I've been trying to find the link during sales and not seeing it. It seems I might have come out about the same buying them separately? Oh well.

M.D

Asking again since no one answered - Why when I clicked install Sleeping Dogs it told me that it would take 12GB+, but the actual download was only 6.5GB?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
All 18 copies of Sleeping Dogs/Sleeping Dogs + DLC packs are gone. Please stop adding me! I didn't make any profit off this, I got a few tips and ate a few fees so I just did it for the people who missed out. Sold at glitched cost -91%

The two people who messaged me saying I shouldn't be taking advantage of people (???)/that I was profiteering who were removed can go stick it. To the rest, sorry I couldn't help you all; I was lucky to get the copies I did.

P.S. That e-mail is a 9 year old Paypal e-mail so stop making fun of it, I don't use it for anything else. =p

I hope those that didn't pay the fees, had simply forgot about them. Because I would have sprung for the fees if you were doing me that favor.

Some people need to learn to mind their own business. Even if you were making a profit, I'm sure plenty of people would be more than glad to pay less for it than whatever Steam is currently charging.

You weren't around for the Bethesda Bundle. That almost torn steam gaf apart.

RedSwirl

Well shit I didn't know all the other deals would be called off. Missed Magical Drop V and Cherry Tree High Comedy Club.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
All 18 copies of Sleeping Dogs/Sleeping Dogs + DLC packs are gone. Please stop adding me! I didn't make any profit off this, I got a few tips and ate a few fees so I just did it for the people who missed out. Sold at glitched cost -91%

The two people who messaged me saying I shouldn't be taking advantage of people (???)/that I was profiteering who were removed can go stick it. To the rest, sorry I couldn't help you all; I was lucky to get the copies I did.

P.S. That e-mail is a 9 year old Paypal e-mail so stop making fun of it, I don't use it for anything else. =p

Having no prior knowledge of anything contained in this post makes this an entertaining read.

M.D

Installing the High Res Pack? That takes up like 4GB. The rest could be DLC?

I didn't install the HD pack, but I do have a lot of DLC.
Looking at data on Steam, it says the size is 7095MB (base game was 6.5GB on the download list), so that extra 500MB could be from the DLC.

I'm just curious why it said that

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Random Steam game question: where is the World of Goo save file located? I don't think there are any saves for this game, even though there obviously has to be!

Tizoc

Asking again since no one answered - Why when I clicked install Sleeping Dogs it told me that it would take 12GB+, but the actual download was only 6.5GB?

It needs 6.5 GB for the installer/install files, and the other 6.5 GB is for the space the game will have on your HDD.

DagsJT

Should "Dawn Of War II" say "Chaos Rising" on the loading screen and main menu? Chaos Rising is a different entry on my Steam list but I'm confused about whether it's loading CR anyway regardless of me trying to play the vanilla game.

Giran

Should "Dawn Of War II" say "Chaos Rising" on the loading screen and main menu? Chaos Rising is a different entry on my Steam list but I'm confused about whether it's loading CR anyway regardless of me trying to play the vanilla game.

You can play both the base and the Chaos Rising campaigns from the same installation.

HoosTrax

Relic always seems to do this within a game series.

The title screen is updated to reflect the latest expansion. So Company of Heroes will show a title screen with "Tales of Valor" regardless of whether or not you own that expansion.

It's probably intended as a subliminal encouragement for you to buy the expansions...

So, what do I do with F2P games in my inventory like Airmech and Super MNC? How do I get rid of them? Obviously can't add them to my library.

Tizoc

Any chance there'll be a bundle by the Summer or Autumn/Winter Sale that will collect all the DLC for Sleeping Dogs?

AlexBasch

Okay, I have a bit less than 3 USD in my Steam Wallet and my debit card has run dry.

Now that I have Sleepy Dawgs, is Dragon Master Pack useful at all? :p

vidcons

Banned
Eh, I'm going back and forth on Dark Souls. Is it really that bad of a port if you download the fix? Is it worth buying if I don't have a Ps3 or Xbox?

Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.Buy it.

oipic

Damn, just woke up (good morning from Australia, guys) - say, does anyone happen to still have a spare bargain-priced Sleeping Dogs? Golly, what a deal - can anyone help a brother out, pretty please?

Tc91

I've got a post up in the buy/sell/trade thread about Ys but if anyone here has both or either game and is willing to help me out with them at 50% off I'd be very grateful!

KarmaCow

Eh, I'm going back and forth on Dark Souls. Is it really that bad of a port if you download the fix? Is it worth buying if I don't have a Ps3 or Xbox?

With Durante's fix, the only problem is GFWL/The P2P system for multiplayer and even that seems to have gotten better. kb&m controls suck but apparently there is a fix for that too. I've only played with a controller and it's worked great with it (wired 360 controller). It's best version of the game outside of the smaller community compared to the console versions. I didn't dabble in multiplayer too much but I had my fair share of it.

edit: I think it's cheaper on Amazon though.

DagsJT

You can play both the base and the Chaos Rising campaigns from the same installation.

Relic always seems to do this within a game series.

The title screen is updated to reflect the latest expansion. So Company of Heroes will show a title screen with "Tales of Valor" regardless of whether or not you own that expansion.

It's probably intended as a subliminal encouragement for you to buy the expansions...

Cheers.

Caerith

Worse! AOL, haha. I use gmail now with 2 step verification for pretty much everything important, though my uni e-mail is still attached to GAF. I suppose I should go change the e-mail on my Paypal if that's an option (?) and since everyone keeps asking about it.
It's an option. I used to have my Paypal tied to a yahoo email but changed it to gmail since you could drive a bus through yahoo's security holes, all honking and dragging a bunch of rusty bikes.

dani_dc

The fix really solves nearly everything, as pointed out by KarmaCow the only remaining issues are GFWL and P2P (which is also how online works on consoles).
Still it's more than worth buying, one of the best games to come out of this generation. Just keep in mind that it's a game that requires patient above all.

I wouldn't count on it. Square Enix hasn't done typically done that type of thing in the past (Just Cause 2, Deus Ex HR, etc.)

Yeah, I was thinking that Sleeping Dogs would get a GOTY version at some point only to come to the realization that I couldn't recall any Western Square Enix game that had gotten such treatment. Today deal was likely the best DLC deal we'll see for Sleeping Dogs.

M.D

OMG, Sleeping Dogs looks and plays awesome!

I played for a very short time, but the combat and gameplay feel awesome, and the game looks simply beautiful even on medium setting on my old PC (and runs great as well)

I'll have to put it down for now tho, I have too many games I started and need to finish, but I'll play this as soon as I can!

Just wondering about the DLC - While starting the game it asks if I want to play the base game or Nightmare in North Point, and all the other DLC is listed in "downloadable content", but I can't actually access it. Is that all cosmetic stuff that will be unlocked in the game?

Piano

Banned
God dammit.
There were a bunch of little games that never went daily that I wanted to pick up before the sale was over (mainly Waves, Primal Carnage and Crazy Taxi) but Steam refused to let me check out until the sale was over.

ARGH. I even have the left over steam wallet money for them :(

OMG, Sleeping Dogs looks and plays awesome!

I played for a very short time, but the combat and gameplay feel awesome, and the game looks simply beautiful even on medium setting on my old PC (and runs great as well)

I'll have to put it down for now tho, I have too many games I started and need to finish, but I'll play this as soon as I can!

Just wondering about the DLC - While starting the game it asks if I want to play the base game or Nightmare in North Point, and all the other DLC is listed in "downloadable content", but I can't actually access it. Is that all cosmetic stuff that will be unlocked in the game?
The cosmetic DLC unlocks after a certain early story mission; I think it's the one where you get the first safehouse. After the mission, you'll get a bunch of "rewards" windows, one for each DLC, so get ready to mash the A button.

Got my refund from steam. I bought the cut version of sleeping dogs and wrote a ticket to them. 1 hour later i got a message that i got a refund.

Got my refund from steam. I bought the cut version of sleeping dogs and wrote a ticket to them. 1 hour later i got a message that i got a refund.

What is this cut version? I made a trade with another person for Sleeping Dogs and it appears to be European version, as it has (EU) in parenthesis. That's not the cut version, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom