• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconcow

Did anyone pick up an extra Wargame: European Escalation that they want to sell off?

Also, why is there not Batman: Arkham City GotY upgrade? I bought the original edition and now the DLC for Arkham City is no longer available on the Steam website. I have to buy the entire GotY just to get the DLC? :(

Was playing some Dark Souls PTD with Dsfix. Wow, it looks so good! Didn't unlock framerate due to fear of possibly being banned on GFWL.

graywolf323

I just found out that there's a way to add Arma X: Anniversary Edition to the cart. It's 50% off, which makes it $29.99 for Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint, fantastic game), Arma Gold, Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead and a couple of expansions/DLC. Just go to the Arma Gold store page, and after a couple of reloads it'll show the bundle link, with the "Add to cart" button (if it doesn't work, try searching for Arma Gold on the search box in the main page)

I'm going to pass, as I've spent a lot already, but it's good to know this for the Summer Sale.

it wasn't available before today for some reason

I'm going to have to wait until summer sale as well for monetary reasons as well

feel

First to quote with Steam Id gets Sleeping Dogs for free. Only apply if you don't have it, you need to add it to your steam library after I give it to you, I will check.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm ashamed to say this, but I think I'm stuck in The Walking Dead. There's a part I can't pass in episode 2, I keep dying over and over :/

Damn, I feel so stupid.

it wasn't available before today for some reason

I'm going to have to wait until summer sale as well for monetary reasons as well
It's still not available if you search for it in the store, the only way I found out to buy it is through Arma Gold, and it doesn't always appear. I don't know the reason for that.

Tizoc

1 hour til I finish this stupid Night Shift, then 30 minutes til I get home and go to bed.

Out of the games in my backlog on Steam I started VVVVVV, and have enjoyed it so far, but need to get my head wrapped around the whole gravity switching thing. The first area's theme is pretty awesome though.

eyeless

oh my god what sleeping dogs for 5 bucks ahh i missed that ahh what the fuck why this is the worst day of my life fffffuu

oipic

oh my god what sleeping dogs for 5 bucks ahh i missed that ahh what the fuck why this is the worst day of my life fffffuu

Yeah, I know the feeling! I've been dwelling on it for hours now, and really need to move on.. . but just recently missing a generous giveaway of it here too, while hanging washing on the line of all things, didn't help. :)

Starting to feel some post-sale let-down already - anyone else feeling the same?

Cth

Yeah, I know the feeling! I've been dwelling on it for hours now, and really need to move on.. . but just recently missing a generous giveaway of it here too, while hanging washing on the line of all things, didn't help. :)

Starting to feel some post-sale let-down already - anyone else feeling the same?

Missed out on the whole thing unfortunately. Anything good?

Sucks being unemployed :p

Fewr

Quick announcement for Sims fans, it seems steam has just added Sims Medieval to their sims repertoire.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/102820

The expansion is also listed, but I couldn't reach the store page.

EDIT: It probably was there already and I never saw it. Anyway, the Sims discount also applies to Medieval.

Kammie

Letdown or depression?

If it's depression, I finally decided I have enough in my backlog that I don't need to worry about buying more. If it's letdown... I would have, if I hadn't gotten Sleeping Dogs for five bucks! Har har. (Sorry, not rubbing it in... but it did wash off much of the bitter taste the whole thing had left)

szaromir

Banned
Letdown or depression?

If it's depression, I finally decided I have enough in my backlog that I don't need to worry about buying more. If it's letdown... I would have, if I hadn't gotten Sleeping Dogs for five bucks! Har har. (Sorry, not rubbing it in... but it did wash off much of the bitter taste the whole thing had left)
I was disappointed at first after I missed the deal, then I realized it'll be at that pricepoint 20 times before I'd get around to playing it.

oipic

Not sure if I should go public with my gratitude, so just in case he would prefer not, let me just say THANK YOU to this particular kind soul for coming to my rescue, and let it be noted that I won't forget this act of generosity. Cheers mate. :)

Don't feel bad. Another sale will come.

Not sure if I should go public with my gratitude, so just in case he would prefer not, let me just say THANK YOU to this particular kind soul for coming to my rescue, and let it be noted that I won't forget this act of generosity. Cheers mate. :)

Just make sure you sign your soul over to him. :p

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Oipic, go public. So we can kill him...with kindness.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=506770

Join up, it should be fun. :) I was thinking about doing a thread like that, but I was beaten to the punch. Although, mine would have been contest based. If steam gaf is interested, maybe I could track our posts, and give the winner a game come summer sale.

eyeless

PGzPy.gif

if anyone bought extra sleepy dogs to redistribute rather than profit pls sell it to me for 5 bucks

oipic

Oipic, go public. So we can kill him...with kindness.

Okay, done. :p

This generosity shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, given how strongly this bloke has contributed to the SteamGifts group via his countless giveaways, but for helping out a fella who slept through the brief but magical sale on his most coveted game of the sale season - thanks again to solid GAF citizen jtir123.

if anyone bought extra sleepy dogs to redistribute rather than profit pls sell it to me for 5 bucks
I'm in the same boat. The one good deal on Steam for the whole of the winter sale and I missed it! Spewing. If anyone has a spare please hit me up (after eyeless of course) and hopefully we can work something out.

Megasoum

Banned
Argh...I've been on the fence about Anno since day 1 of the sale. I think the game looks interesting but I think 20$ might still be a bit too much for juste an impulse/curiosity buy.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Argh...I've been on the fence about Anno since day 1 of the sale. I think the game looks interesting but I think 20$ might still be a bit too much for juste an impulse/curiosity buy.

I'm with you on that one. Been debating up, and down. At the end, I'm going to wait. Lots of games in my backlog, and I spent way too much money already.

Xamdou

If anyone has a spare Sleeping Dogs, I am willing to trade any game $10 or less for it!

*Update: Was able to get Sleeping Dogs by trading Dawnguard gift by a fellow gaffer!

oipic

Apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but does anyone know what's up with our esteemed thread creator MRORANGE? Banned?

J-Tier

Apologies if I missed this elsewhere, but does anyone know what's up with our esteemed thread creator MRORANGE? Banned?

He changed his avatar.

I know, it confuses me, too, but I think he's hiding in plain sight.

EDIT: NVM Banned lol, what did happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom