• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tier

XUs1D.jpg

What I currently have. I think I'll hold onto it until tomorrow and decide what I want to do with it as it seems a lot of people are interested in it.

Tizoc

Gonna make my next major purchases by the Summer Sale, til then I'll spend at most $10 each month either on a give-away or to gift any of the GAFfers in my friend list.

For now though:
Port Royale 2 or 3?

kennah

I'm having a bit of Sleeping Dogs regret, lol. Got a little excited by the price error. Sitting with one vanilla and one+all DLC in my Inventory.

Toki767

I'm having a bit of Sleeping Dogs regret, lol. Got a little excited by the price error. Sitting with one vanilla and one+all DLC in my Inventory.

It's not like you can't just help someone who missed out on the deal. Seems like a lot of people did.

Blue Lou

I was hoping that "Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines" would be in the sale but I haven't seen it yet. I've picked up Left 4 Dead (1 & 2) and Kotor (1 & 2) so far.

cicero

Gonna make my next major purchases by the Summer Sale, til then I'll spend at most $10 each month either on a give-away or to gift any of the GAFfers in my friend list.

For now though:
Port Royale 2 or 3?
I haven't played 3, but from everything I have read about 3, stick with 2. So much more value too.

EDIT: oh, I am guessing that you already bought it. Still 2.

So I was able to snag the nightmare in northpoint DLC but missed the others at .12 each. I have enough to buy one of the .67 packs now. Question is which one.

dreamfall

So nothing really happening for the next 48 hours? Was expecting more deals.

I was hoping too! We're in Encore mode!

I'm going to miss the sale spirit. It was a lot of fun just waiting for those repeating deals- plus, I woke up late and missed the last bit where you add those final Wishlist titles that are 40% off! Summer- is that the next one?

Alas, it sure was fun!

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

For now though:
Port Royale 2 or 3?

PR 2. Someone in this thread said PR3 is a mess.

Benedict

But... aren't all those games more expensive than Sleepy Dawgs with the price error? Like, 75% more expensive?

Well, not compared to when they were on sale.
Dawnguard is 9.99€ now and SL was 4.99 € so that's only 50%...
Think MOTN was 7.49 and Iron brigade 6.99 or 4.99 during the sale.

They are still cheaper than the regular sale on Sleepy Dawgz

Anyone know if there is anywhere cheaper to score Darksiders II right now other than that bundle?

Checked Amazon and GMG, all I really want is the base DSII for like $5.00, anyone have a copy?

Tizoc

I haven't played 3, but from everything I have read about 3, stick with 2. So much more value too.

EDIT: oh, I am guessing that you already bought it. Still 2.

PR 2. Someone in this thread said PR3 is a mess.

Hmm then I'll grab it during the Summer Sale, PR2 I mean. It's just that someone over at the thread about what games were going for >$10 said that PR3 was fine, and I personally just want a game where I build stuff and I don't like battles in 'building' games too much. Ya know just relaxing as my city/town expands and grows.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hmm then I'll grab it during the Summer Sale, PR2 I mean. It's just that someone over at the thread about what games were going for >$10 said that PR3 was fine, and I personally just want a game where I build stuff and I don't like battles in 'building' games too much. Ya know just relaxing as my city/town expands and grows.

PR series is more about trading/shipping routes than building. I know 2 has some light building, but not sure about 3.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
All 18 copies of Sleeping Dogs/Sleeping Dogs + DLC packs are gone. Please stop adding me! I didn't make any profit off this, I got a few tips and ate a few fees so I just did it for the people who missed out. Sold at glitched cost -91%

The two people who messaged me saying I shouldn't be taking advantage of people (???)/that I was profiteering who were removed can go stick it. To the rest, sorry I couldn't help you all; I was lucky to get the copies I did.

P.S. That e-mail is a 9 year old Paypal e-mail so stop making fun of it, I don't use it for anything else. =p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I just found out that there's a way to add Arma X: Anniversary Edition to the cart. It's 50% off, which makes it $29.99 for Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint, fantastic game), Arma Gold, Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead and a couple of expansions/DLC. Just go to the Arma Gold store page, and after a couple of reloads it'll show the bundle link, with the "Add to cart" button (if it doesn't work, try searching for Arma Gold on the search box in the main page)

I'm going to pass, as I've spent a lot already, but it's good to know this for the Summer Sale.

All 18 copies of Sleeping Dogs/Sleeping Dogs + DLC packs are gone. Please stop adding me! I didn't make any profit off this, I got a few tips and ate a few fees so I just did it for the people who missed out. Sold at glitched cost -91%

The two people who messaged me saying I shouldn't be taking advantage of people (???)/that I was profiteering who were removed can go stick it. To the rest, sorry I couldn't help you all; I was lucky to get the copies I did.

P.S. That e-mail is a 9 year old Paypal e-mail so stop making fun of it, I don't use it for anything else. =p

xelios da best

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Probably a hotmail address.

I still use hotmail as my main.

Worse! AOL, haha. I use gmail now with 2 step verification for pretty much everything important, though my uni e-mail is still attached to GAF. I suppose I should go change the e-mail on my Paypal if that's an option (?) and since everyone keeps asking about it.

Mordeccai

Fuck this is twice I've missed out on Sleeping Dogs! Wanted to bite when it was 10.90 at GMG a few weeks ago, and didn't even know there was a 91% discount.

Maybe for the summer sale!

Are more encore games going on sale tomorrow? I might pick up AC3 if it drops again. If not, I'll almost definitely pick up Anno 2070 to close out my holiday purchases.

Humble Indie Bundle 7 - £6
Botanicula - £1.87
Dead Island GOTY Edition - £6.79
Condemned: Criminal Origins - £3.39
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare - £9.49
Sim City 4 Deluxe Edition - £2.49
Half Minute Hero - £2.37
Sonic CD - £1.99
Borderlands 2 - £14.99
Broken Sword Trilogy - £1.99
Resident Evil 5 - £4.75
Offspring Fling - free (HIB7)
The Basement Collection - free (HIB7)
Civ V Gods and Kings Expansion - £4.99

= £61.11

Not a bad sale in the end, had better.

KarmaCow

Is there a reason why the Fallout games were absent from this sale? I already bought the ones I wanted from previous sales but I'm curious.

Xelios is the best and I know he wouldn't do that so those people can go fuck right off.

MRORANGE

xelios is the kindest gaffer ever.

x3sphere

I just found out that there's a way to add Arma X: Anniversary Edition to the cart. It's 50% off, which makes it $29.99 for Cold War Assault (Operation Flashpoint, fantastic game), Arma Gold, Arma 2, Operation Arrowhead and a couple of expansions/DLC. Just go to the Arma Gold store page, and after a couple of reloads it'll show the bundle link, with the "Add to cart" button (if it doesn't work, try searching for Arma Gold on the search box in the main page)

I'm going to pass, as I've spent a lot already, but it's good to know this for the Summer Sale.

It was showing for 70% off earlier here. Not really interested it in though.

tmarques

Some people need to learn to mind their own business. Even if you were making a profit, I'm sure plenty of people would be more than glad to pay less for it than whatever Steam is currently charging.

Gah I thought I bought World of Goo on the mobile app for my girlfriend but apparently my connection dropped while I was buying it and it never went true, damn it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom