• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.D

The cosmetic DLC unlocks after a certain early story mission; I think it's the one where you get the first safehouse. After the mission, you'll get a bunch of "rewards" windows, one for each DLC, so get ready to mash the A button.

What about the Top Dog Gold Pack that gives you all sorts of boosts? or Drunken Fist Pack that gives you a new fighting style? I want to disable them and play finish the base game, and only then enable all the dlc

OMG, Sleeping Dogs looks and plays awesome!

I played for a very short time, but the combat and gameplay feel awesome, and the game looks simply beautiful even on medium setting on my old PC (and runs great as well)

I'll have to put it down for now tho, I have too many games I started and need to finish, but I'll play this as soon as I can!

Just wondering about the DLC - While starting the game it asks if I want to play the base game or Nightmare in North Point, and all the other DLC is listed in "downloadable content", but I can't actually access it. Is that all cosmetic stuff that will be unlocked in the game?

Yeah I love this game. What a surprise hit of 2012. I've got 20 hours to decide if I want to drop some coin on the DLC or not though.

Dingotech

Anybody want to sell me a copy of Sleeping Dogs?

Missed the crazy discount due to sleep...

Willing to trade one of these Amazon deals -

The Walking Dead
Spec Ops
Spec Ops + 2 Bioshock Games
Hotline Miami
The Darkness 2
Duke Nukem + Borderlands GOTY + Darkness 2

EDIT - Trade finished with hym, very nice person. :D

cicero

All 18 copies of Sleeping Dogs/Sleeping Dogs + DLC packs are gone. Please stop adding me! I didn't make any profit off this, I got a few tips and ate a few fees so I just did it for the people who missed out. Sold at glitched cost -91%

The two people who messaged me saying I shouldn't be taking advantage of people (???)/that I was profiteering who were removed can go stick it. To the rest, sorry I couldn't help you all; I was lucky to get the copies I did.

P.S. That e-mail is a 9 year old Paypal e-mail so stop making fun of it, I don't use it for anything else. =p

Thank you again for doing this. It was a very nice and classy thing to do for the community.

All 18 copies of Sleeping Dogs/Sleeping Dogs + DLC packs are gone. Please stop adding me! I didn't make any profit off this, I got a few tips and ate a few fees so I just did it for the people who missed out. Sold at glitched cost -91%

The two people who messaged me saying I shouldn't be taking advantage of people (???)/that I was profiteering who were removed can go stick it. To the rest, sorry I couldn't help you all; I was lucky to get the copies I did.

P.S. That e-mail is a 9 year old Paypal e-mail so stop making fun of it, I don't use it for anything else. =p
Do you know that you're SO AWESOME Xelios!

oipic

Just catching up on the thread, after sleeping through the pricing shenanigans - yep, this was indeed an awesome, selfless, community-oriented gesture, xelios - so yeah, just wanted to say 'thanks', I guess. You are indeed an asset to GAF.

Still bummed that I missed this, but hey, the pain will pass

Just catching up on the thread, after sleeping through the pricing shenanigans - yep, this was indeed an awesome, selfless, community-oriented gesture, xelios - so yeah, just wanted to say 'thanks', I guess. You are indeed an asset to GAF.

Still bummed that I missed this, but hey, the pain will pass

Yeah I'm bummed I missed out on the the DLC price glitch. Loved the game and want to play more of it.

Regular Steam thread users know you are an awesome guy. Dont worry about what anyone else thinks.

P.S. now I feel like I need to know what that email address was. : )

kaskade

I'm thinking of going for Saints Row. I already played through it on the xbox but I figure I can do it again. Plus it comes with all the DLC.

I hope I'm never drunk while having access to Steam during a sale. I didn't like Dishonored, and yet here after more than a few beers I was like "Dishonored? 50% off? Fucking bought..." and then I went to buy it before realizing I don't have the money for it.

then again I guess right now I'm a bit intoxicated during a Steam sale, with access to Steam. I think I just meant if I have money or not.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
So there I am, losing at Gaf bingo, when I get a nice surprise from Graywolf...Sequence!! Thank you so much dude. Came out of nowhere, and it is a nice gesture.

I read some of you guys talking about the game, checked it out, and it looked interesting and original. As a fellow Calvin and Hobbes fan, thank you again Graywolf!
3AQmK.gif

Dingotech

Just woke up, check, no New Vegas lol

What the hell is up with Steam/Beth?

Today and tomorrow is only going to be an encore sale.

So if it hasn't been on sale already then it won't get a discount.

Your best bet is the base game sale at Greenmangaming.

TUSR

Banned
I saw that Sleeping Dogs deal this morning at breakfast on the mobile app. Should have pulled the trigger. God damnit!

MasLegio

Banned
Just woke up, check, no New Vegas lol

What the hell is up with Steam/Beth?

you should have bought it at gamersgate when it was dirtcheap, then bought dlc at steam

if you do not have New Vegas by now you have no one else to blame but yourself

zkylon

zkylewd
you should have bought it at gamersgate when it was dirtcheap, then bought dlc at steam

if you do not have New Vegas by now you have no one else to blame but yourself
Today and tomorrow is only going to be an encore sale.

So if it hasn't been on sale already then it won't get a discount.

Your best bet is the base game sale at Greenmangaming.
I have it two times in DD, and the boxed CE edition, I just wanted to gift it to someone.

I'm also very weirded out by it not being on sale. It's just bizarre, it always sells like crazy.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So there I am, losing at Gaf bingo, when I get a nice surprise from Graywolf...Sequence!! Thank you so much dude. Came out of nowhere, and it is a nice gesture.

I read some of you guys talking about the game, checked it out, and it looked interesting and original. As a fellow Calvin and Hobbes fan, thank you again Graywolf!
3AQmK.gif

Gray Wolf is a good dude, and a good friend.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I still can't believe I bought Sleepy Dawgs for less than the price of the 0.5 KG ice-cream I'm eating right now.

The Walking Dead is great so far, thanks once more Dupy!

Firebrand

Glad I picked up Dark Souls... serious GOTY contender for me. Real lengthy too it seems, if only it had been the first game I bought I might not have needed all those others!

Hopefully the sequel turns out alright, looking forward to that.

Nope, this will be it - each of these games are on sale for another 40 or so hours, so the remainder of the 'encore' sale.

ah alright then. shame I missed sleeping dogs. I was up late too. Its now 12 noon in sydney. Its one of the game I wanted

:/

blerg!!!

was on the fence about gamemaker but now I'm thinking I want it. Next time it rolls around, I'll get it.

baconcow

So, are there going to be any changes tomorrow regarding the encore deals, or is this it? I watched Wargame: European Escalation roll around twice and hesitated on both occasions.

Zeeman

I'm looking at Walking Dead on Amazon, does backing up saves help with the save bug or is it just "Hope for the best"?

Tizoc

I'm looking at Walking Dead on Amazon, does backing up saves help with the save bug or is it just "Hope for the best"?

From what I read it helps, and following it is the best way to make sure your choices are carried over.

It works. I just copied my Prefs.prop file between each episode. Though, really I could only replicate the problem between episode downloads while it was still coming out. I dunno if the problem is still there now that they're all out.

I played through it a few weeks ago and had to do this, it's absolutely still there.

That's a shame. Well for what it's worth, it's a really simple fix.

Eusis

It works. I just copied my Prefs.prop file between each episode. Though, really I could only replicate the problem between episode downloads while it was still coming out. I dunno if the problem is still there now that they're all out.
I played through it a few weeks ago and had to do this, it's absolutely still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom