• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
He changed his avatar.

I know, it confuses me, too, but I think he's hiding in plain sight.

EDIT: NVM Banned lol, what did happen?

It's the Steam Sale thread curse!

EDIT: late and less funny than JaseC :p

The sleeping dog price was a glitch. Even at the current price I think its a steal. You guys need to support game creators /shrug.

I got the game because of the glitch/sale and after putting a few hours in I would easily pay the $17 they are asking for it. High settings with HQ textures is making me appreciate my rig so much. Probably one of the nicest games I have ever seen. The fighting is really fun too. Love the Yakuza-esque environmental critical attacks. So visceral.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
So The Walking Dead is on sale. Does it require previous knowledge of the show? I haven't watched the tv show or read any of the comics.

Fantomex

Okay, done. :p

This generosity shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, given how strongly this bloke has contributed to the SteamGifts group via his countless giveaways, but for helping out a fella who slept through the brief but magical sale on his most coveted game of the sale season - thanks again to solid GAF citizen jtir123.

Have you been playing sleeping dogs?

oipic

Have you been playing sleeping dogs?

Still (im)patiently waiting for the download to complete - ah, the joys of sub-standard ADSL connection speeds etc. I'm sucking down the sizey texture pack as well, though, which might be a tad optimistic given my rig is getting a little dated.

So, buying Rollercoaster Rampage probably wasn't the best idea seeing how I suffer severe motion sickness. I managed 20 minutes and now I'm sick. It's not a bad game, kind of fun despite how janky it is. That said, I think I'm done with it. I will leave it installed for my nieces to play. I'll count it as one game off the backlog, only a few hundred to go.
Got 1 coupon left. Gonna wait and see what will be on the EC.
I hope Syndicate goes up tonight, nice & cheap. I want to grab a couple of copies to play co-op with my mates, then I'm done with the sales.

jediyoshi

If anyone picked up the Death Rally 90% off promo coupon from forever ago, they're working again now that the sale is over

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
=D

I love the Walking Dead. So many people on this planet share this sentiment.

You must protect Clem, y'hear?
Haha, this made me laugh.

Finished ep. 4, should go to sleep now (6:30 here). But I really want to play the last one. Oh well, guess I'll be tired tomorrow...

So The Walking Dead is on sale. Does it require previous knowledge of the show? I haven't watched the tv show or read any of the comics.
I'm not a fan of zombie stuff, and haven't seen the show or read the comics, but this game is top tier. I'm enjoying every second of it, no kidding.

So how did the Rage port turn out post launch. I assume id patched out all of the texture problems and whatnot? I'm interested in trying the game out, and I'm close to caving and picking it up before the deal ends.

fushi

So how did the Rage port turn out post launch. I assume id patched out all of the texture problems and whatnot? I'm interested in trying the game out, and I'm close to caving and picking it up before the deal ends.
I just bought it last week; not fixed as far as I an tell. I'm on an AMD card though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

It depends entirely on your hardware. Many AMD GPU users still have issues and even some nvidia users do, too. For AMD users:

Firstly, update to the latest drivers, and if you're forcing AA/AF/etc. via CCC, disable these options since they can do more harm than good in certain games. Secondly, set the texture cache setting in the game to "large", and finally, take note of the final section of the OP here (marked "Blurry Textures and Texture Popping".)

As for nvidia users, there's an additional trick you can use: vt_useCudaTranscode 2 will force the game to use all CUDA cores when transcoding textures.

Naeblish

How is CS:Go? I already have Counter-stike: source, but haven't played in a long time, i was a big CS fan back then (1.4 i think). Someone posted a cs:go video in another thread and it felt so nostalgic, without a doubt the best multiplayer i ever experienced.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm running an Nvidia card and it runs perfectly with Texture Detail off (it's just a shitty post-process sharpening).

The game does look low-res as all hell, I heard you can set texture quality to like 16k but that's way beyond my card's capabilities.

Also, tons of mouse lag in menus, a horrid-for-PC GUI and no mouse-look while driving.

If only the shotgun wasn't so satisfying I'd argue against it.

JaseC

How is CS:Go? I already have Counter-stike: source, but haven't played in a long time, i was a big CS fan back then (1.4 i think). Someone posted a cs:go video in another thread and it felt so nostalgic, without a doubt the best multiplayer i ever experienced.

You really have to try it for yourself to form your own opinion, as, being CS, you'll get wildly difference answers depending on who you ask. My take:

That's a loaded question. I happen to consider the game, at its core, a good amalgamation of CS 1.6 and Source. Sure, it needs work and was undoubtedly released early (where's my silencers, Valve!?), but where others believe it a failed mistake, I see it as a perfectly serviceable alternative that'll surely get better with iteration. Even in its current form, while GO falls short of 1.6, it's better than Source.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Finished The Walking Dead. Wow.

It's not often that I can put 12 hours of gaming in a single day, much less in a row (with a 1 hour break for dinner after the first 3 hours). Hell, it's the first time I do that. And I'm tired as fuck (it's 8:10 here), but it was worth it.

Thanks again Dupy, it is a great game. Great game.

playing they bleed pixels

turns out i'm bad at video games
You and me both, pal. That game isn't afraid of kicking my ass.

JaseC

Yeah I know about that haha, but anything else?

Oh and anyone know where to get Bully for Steam for under $15?

Amazon is selling the PC Download version for $11.24 (25% off), but oddly this doesn't apply to the Steam variant, and the game isn't part of the Editor's Choice promotion for obvious reasons. You'll just have to wait.

Edit: ..has RPS's 503 page always been a text adventure?

Tizoc

Amazon is selling the PC Download version for $11.24 (25% off), but oddly this doesn't apply to the Steam variant, and the game isn't part of the Editor's Choice promotion for obvious reasons. You'll just have to wait.

Edit: ..has RPS's 503 page always been a text adventure?

Gotcha, thanks.

I'm having problems with my wired 360 controllers on Sleeping Dogs. I was playing the game (which was amazing btw) and suddently my first controller wasn't working any more. I started using the second controller (which worked) but the vibration was still locked to the first controller.

Anyone know a solution for this?

Nabs

I'm having problems with my wired 360 controllers on Sleeping Dogs. I was playing the game (which was amazing btw) and suddently my first controller wasn't working any more. I started using the second controller (which worked) but the vibration was still locked to the first controller.

Anyone know a solution for this?

unplug your second controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom