• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sales 2012 Thread 2: [Extended To Jan 7th For Encore Deals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Apologies if people are tired of this topic invading the Steam thread, but I know this is where I will find people with relevant info.

Have there been any developments with the GamersGate Bethesda fiasco?

My transaction went through and I'm waiting patiently for more keys rather than asking for a refund. Are they still going to honor the promises implied by their first tweets about the situation? Or has that changed in the last few days?

x3r0123

wondering if I should get DOTA. no idea what it is.

The 2nd trailer with the dorky kids at the international DOTA game is putting me off.

He didn't really win 1 million dollars. wtf.

pretty sure people in here have invites, including myself, that are willing to give you one

BFIB

Really glad I bought NFS: Hot Pursuit.

This will satisfy my PC racing needs for a while. Have most Wanted on the PS3.

Joe Molotov

I knew your intentions from the beginning. I do not understand how anyone else could have messed that up.

Because it's still a shitty deal either way? That's like half of a Humble Indie Bundle (and one that's still on sale, not even an expired one) + Terraria, and all he wants are games that are $7.50 and up. You're gonna have to try harder than that.

Wok

Has bejeweled 3 been a daily deal during the Winter sale?

I can see the game costs 20€ (base price) and is available for 10€ now (50% discount), but it was:
  • 4€ in June 2012 (daily deal, 80% discount)
  • 5€ in January and July 2012 (midweek madness, 75% discount)

It should be a daily deal tomorrow, right?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Apologies if people are tired of this topic invading the Steam thread, but I know this is where I will find people with relevant info.

My transaction went through and I'm waiting patiently for more keys rather than asking for a refund. Are they still going to honor the promises implied by their first tweets about the situation? Or has that changed in the last few days?

Did you get some keys? Or are you waiting on ALL KEYS?

I gifted myself (to my email and redeemed on the same account) the games that I didn't retrieve a key from (I only got keys for Skyrim, Dishonored, Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas). Technically, the games I gifted are no longer inside the Bethesda Game Pack. I don't know if that makes any difference or not, but if they were to remove the Bethesda game pack from my account, maybe I won't lose the gifted games, since they're technically not part of it anymore (and this exact scenario happened to somebody in here with the Borderlands 2 pack).

At first, they said that new keys would be given mid-January. Now, it just says "whenever we get them". They also said that they would refund any purchases that didn't get any keys and would work with the publisher to arrange something for people that had partially redeemed keys.

We'll have to wait and see.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

I asked for a refund right away, so I can't speak to this, but I think you're probably safe if they haven't foisted a refund upon you. If you've still got the games on your shelf, you'll probably get your keys if you wait it out. With how GG have handled this mess though, who knows?

jediyoshi

Hasn't changed, still the same message when you try accessing your keys.

RiverBed

Banned
Can I ask a quick question, plz? I just bought Anno 2070 and trying to install it. What is the difference between Activate and Activate (WWW)? It appears when you enter the key.

Thanks.

Echoplx

Why does steam seem to think I own the normal edition of Civ although I have the GOTY edition?

The goty edition is just the dlc, which will be in your dlc tab, this is how goty editions should be, instead of the multiple entries shit that Batman pulls

Noaloha

The goty edition is just the dlc, which will be in your dlc tab, this is how goty editions should be, instead of the multiple entries shit that Batman pulls
And Civ IV. I'm still fucking lost about how to approach getting started on Civ IV after buying the complete pack. Totally put me off jumping in.

garath

wondering if I should get DOTA. no idea what it is.

The 2nd trailer with the dorky kids at the international DOTA game is putting me off.

He didn't really win 1 million dollars. wtf.

If you need a key for the beta, I'd be happy to give you one. No need to spend money on the game, especially if you aren't sure if you like it or not. It's all cosmetic stuff and early access. There's a ton of keys floating around. I think I have 3.

Just PM me your steamname (and I'll friend you to gift it) or your email and I'll send it directly.

Are there any Chivalry 4 packs going on?

Between you, myself, and baha there have been 3 of us in the past few pages that have posted interested in going in on a 4 pack so I went ahead and bought it. If you've got paypal and want a copy, hit me up on steam. I'll PM baha and see if he's interested as well.

derFeef

SPECIAL NEW YEAR THINGY:

I will gift the whole pack of my absolute favourite franchise - Alan Wake, to the first Lady or Sir quoting this.

edit: AND GONE to Decado!

masterkajo

SPECIAL NEW YEAR THINGY:

I will gift the whole pack of my absolute favourite franchise - Alan Wake, to the first Lady or Sir quoting this.

edit: AND GONE to Decado!

Already got it (LOVE IT!) and way too late anyway, but mighty nice of you, Sir :)

I got tricked by the faulty timer and missed BIT.TRIP Core. D'oh. Hope it comes around again, otherwise I'll just buy it at 25% off. It's my fifth time anyway!

Is Rage worth like $8? Physical copy is that price on Amazon

I picked up the Doom 3 and Classic Doom packs yesterday and realized I never played Rage. I hadn't noticed it on sale yet this week either

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I got tricked by the faulty timer and missed BIT.TRIP Core. D'oh. Hope it comes around again, otherwise I'll just buy it at 25% off. It's my fifth time anyway!
I still think it will appear on a future Humble Bundle, given that both Beat and Runner did. I'd wait for 75% off at least, but that's because I don't like that one as much as the rest of the series. It's still a very solid game, and worth owning.

I picked up the Doom 3 and Classic Doom packs yesterday and realized I never played Rage. I hadn't noticed it on sale yet this week either

No. Your time is more valuable.

If you want good mindless shooter play Space Marine.

If you want an immersive open world, play Far Cry 3.

Rage's world is bland and dead. It is sort of pretty but I got bored by 4 hours in and never returned.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No. Your time is more valuable.

If you want good mindless shooter play Space Marine.

If you want an immersive open world, play Far Cry 3.

Rage's world is bland and dead. It is sort of pretty but I got bored by 4 hours in and never returned.
What about Far Cry 1&2? Never play those, do they hold up well? Or would I be better skipping that franchise?

I picked it up during the Fall Steam Sale for $5 and while I haven't put a ton of time into it, its a solid shooter that has some nice visuals and great character designs. I think that's worth about $8 if your computer can handle it.

SoulClap

I picked it up at launch for full price and didn't regret it. Some of the best gunplay around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom